Why we are all Catholics now

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Why we are all Catholics now

by Glenn Beck

Mormon-Catholics (Mormolics) or Catholic-Mormons (Cathmons)?

Login or register for removal of this advertisement.

Posted

We do share concerns with other faiths - if we vote, we vote for someone we would be very unlikely to agree with doctrinally, but we agree with a broad platform. The views of IFBs or FIEC are numerically insignificant, but in some matters, such as abortion & marriage, we can agree very widely.

Posted

Oh, I am, am I? Reeeaaallly....

Posted

Not me, never!

The article is about one lost man speaking to other lost men.

Posted

Beck has made it clear he's all for all religions ignoring their differences, yoking together for "political" reasons, but then taking it a step further and not saying anything outside politics that could hurt their unity. In other words, yoke with false religionists to gain political power while dropping any teachings of the truth about those false religions you are now yoked with.

As I recall, that didn't work well for ancient Israel!

swathdiver and 1Timothy115 like this

Posted

Beck has made it clear he's all for all religions ignoring their differences, yoking together for "political" reasons, but then taking it a step further and not saying anything outside politics that could hurt their unity. In other words, yoke with false religionists to gain political power while dropping any teachings of the truth about those false religions you are now yoked with.

As I recall, that didn't work well for ancient Israel!

America refuses to read God's lesson book.
If it didn't work well for Israel then it's sure to gain acceptance in the U.S.A.

Posted

Not me, never!

The article is about one lost man speaking to other lost men.

And even worse than that, its about lost men that teach a false Gospel. I believe they are more dangerous than lost people that preach no Gospel. Reason, it much more difficult to reach a man that has a false hope than a man that has no hope.

Posted

And even worse than that, its about lost men that teach a false Gospel. I believe they are more dangerous than lost people that preach no Gospel. Reason, it much more difficult to reach a man that has a false hope than a man that has no hope.

Exactly Jerry! I heard Glenn Beck on the radio this morning for a few minutes and he was explaining how his cult was part of the Christian religion. Of course, nobody there with him had the guts or knowledge to challenge his blasphemous assertions.

Posted

There's more than 100 branches of Mormonism all claiming to be the true church. That's not confusing!

Posted

There's more than 100 branches of Mormonism all claiming to be the true church. That's not confusing!

Not any more than all the branches of Christianity or the sects of Islam.

Posted

Good thought, I suppose since Mormonism was initiated by Smith for the Americas they would have to tailor a sect per nation. I wonder if they have to change the sect every time a nation changes politics such as in Africa or the Balkan Nations?

Posted

All I know is that with Mr. Rommey running for the republican nomination last year & again this year its giving the Mormons much more respect, & that makes them that much more dangerous.

Some who have stated publicly that its a cult have been scolded quite bad. Sad thing, but its true, there's only a few that can tell the difference between a false teaching church & one that teaches the truth. And even more than that there's even fewer than can tell the difference between a false teaching person & one who proclaims the truth.

Posted

And even more than that there's even fewer than can tell the difference between a false teaching person & one who proclaims the truth.

This is only true because folks don't let the Holy Spirit lead them through Bible study or, they don't have the Spirit to guide them to the truth.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
swathdiver likes this

Posted

This is true because they are fewer of us than many believe their are. Remember what the Bible says about lost people.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

And of course some of those that are Christians are only babes.

swathdiver likes this

Posted

The Mormon church has poured millions of dollars into public relations messages to convince folks they are Christians and the LDS is a mainstream Christian church. All of this helped pave the way for Beck and Romney.

By the time Beck gained popularity on Fox News the groundwork had already been laid for Mormons to be viewed as Christians. Beck, using conserevative sounding talk and saying "Jesus" in some of his talks, greatly added to the idea Mormons are Christians. A great leap into the full acceptance of Mormons as Christians was accomplished when many Christian leaders announced they believed the Mormon Beck was a real Christian.

The Mormon church has worked hard to hide their past, especially their views that their religion was only for whites because the darker races were somehow in line with the evil one. Like their views on polygamy, they dropped their racial views for the sake of acceptance and growth. Today there are many black, oriental and other non-white Mormons.

They also do their best to hide the polygamy problem, claiming that's just something breakaway sects have anything to do with. They also don't make public their prophecies that a Mormon will rise to leadership and save America.

Mormonism is a totally man-made/demonic religion that has nothing to do with Christianity or the Jesus of Scripture.

Posted

A great leap into the full acceptance of Mormons as Christians was accomplished when many Christian leaders announced they believed the Mormon Beck was a real Christian.

Mormonism is a totally man-made/demonic religion that has nothing to do with Christianity or the Jesus of Scripture.

So has David Barton. I enjoyed watching his "American Heritage" series until I learned who he was sitting across from!

Posted

The difference with Christianity is that you can be in a different strain and still be on your way to Heaven. If I'm a Lutheran, Charismatic, Baptist, whatever... salvation isn't in a church it's in a person. With the Mormons, and especially the Catholics, salvation is part of the being in the true church.

Although I think with the Mormons if you're not in the right brand you're okay, you just don't get all the special perks. Kinda like Baptist Briders. You get to go to Heaven, but you have to life off of Social Security up there. If you're the right kind of Baptist though, you get a special pension plan. :-P

Posted

So has David Barton. I enjoyed watching his "American Heritage" series until I learned who he was sitting across from!

I firmly believe each Sunday morning as many of our bothers & sisters meet for church services they believe every church meeting on Sunday morning is full of Christians. That is they accept people as Christians simply because they attend church services & claims Christ as their Savior & that they're worshiping God.

The actual percentages of churches that teaches one is saved by grace though faith in Jesus, not of self, not by works, its a gift from God, is actually less than 20% of the churches in America.

Most churches teach a different ways of being saved, generally its by baptizing, works, & such, while claiming one cannot be saved by faith alone. Plus most of them teach you can be lost after having been saved.

And even if it were possible to be lost after being saved.

Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

It would be impossible to be saved the 2nd time.

Instead of ever losing their salvation, those peoples problem is, they were never saved to begin with. This use to be a popular stand to take among Baptist people, yet now days even among Baptist people its a very unpopular stand to take.
swathdiver likes this

Posted

I firmly believe each Sunday morning as many of our bothers & sisters meet for church services they believe every church meeting on Sunday morning is full of Christians. That is they accept people as Christians simply because they attend church services & claims Christ as their Savior & that they're worshiping God.

The actual percentages of churches that teaches one is saved by grace though faith in Jesus, not of self, not by works, its a gift from God, is actually less than 20% of the churches in America.

Most churches teach a different ways of being saved, generally its by baptizing, works, & such, while claiming one cannot be saved by faith alone. Plus most of them teach you can be lost after having been saved.

And even if it were possible to be lost after being saved.

Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

It would be impossible to be saved the 2nd time.

Instead of ever losing their salvation, those peoples problem is, they were never saved to begin with. This use to be a popular stand to take among Baptist people, yet now days even among Baptist people its a very unpopular stand to take.

This reminds me of something my pastor was talking about with me. An area church contacted him and asked if he had any advice with regards to hiring a new pastor. That church has been through 3 pastors in the last 2 years. My pastor told them the best thing they could do is take the time to make sure they are born again and believe the Bible is the Word of God. Then he pointed out the last 3 pastors they hired didn't meet those qualifications which is why they had to get rid of them.

That church had been in such a hurry to hire a new pastor, and so willing to believe prospective pastors were certainly born again and believed the Word, they never bothered to question them about it. Bad move!

Our pastor has been with our church now for 30 years. Before he was hired our church had been without a pastor for 2 years and had interviewed over 100 pastors. After 2 years and over a hundred interviews, our pastor was the only one who was born again and believed the whole Bible was the perfect Word of God.

That's a very sad shame! And if it was that bad 30 years ago, it's certainly much worse now.

Of all the local area pastors, only a handful are actually born again in Christ!
swathdiver likes this

Posted

When the rapture occurs, it will easily be explained away because there will be so few missing in their respective areas. In the last two years of the 6 IFBs in my neighborhood, one has almost completely collapsed, 2 have gone modern-charismatic and a fourth, the largest is spinning out of control seemingly because of its compromise and worldliness. Ours is under continual assault from the world too. Who knows if her members will hold to the same values today twenty years from now? I pray that the Lord returns before then!

John81 likes this

Posted

When the rapture occurs, it will easily be explained away because there will be so few missing in their respective areas. In the last two years of the 6 IFBs in my neighborhood, one has almost completely collapsed, 2 have gone modern-charismatic and a fourth, the largest is spinning out of control seemingly because of its compromise and worldliness. Ours is under continual assault from the world too. Who knows if her members will hold to the same values today twenty years from now? I pray that the Lord returns before then!

Very good points I've considered more and more as the years go by. I keep hearing how so many millions will be taken out of America, plus so many millions more around the world. This leads to the view that America will be crippled because so many millions have been taken away and this view is used to feed many theories.

However, as one looks around America, just how many biblical Christians are there in America today? How many truly sound pastors and churches do we still have and how many actual believers are in their pews?

As you point out, if trends continue, things will be much worse as time goes on.

Polls and surveys of actual professing Christians, even among those who claim to be born again, show that many don't even believe in basic Bible doctrines regarding salvation, heaven, hell, etc.

Today Catholics and Mormons who simply say "Jesus" when they talk are considered to be "real Christians". They are declared to be so by big name, influential Christian leaders, which leads one to wonder just how sound they are with regards to salvation and what they teach their followers.

Posted

Right John. So many in seminary do not believe in the virgin birth and the literal death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. If one doesn't believe in that, they're not born-again. In addition, there are many who believe but have never repented and love the things of the world. The Scriptures say they're not born-again either.

I'm afraid the pews and pulpits of the overwhelming majority of churches worldwide will be plenty full the weekend after the Rapture of the Church. Even in the most Godly and biblically sound churches there will still be a few left behind because they were not born-again the Bible's way.

Posted

That reminds me of something I heard one time regarding the rapture. They were saying after the rapture unsaved pastors would be commenting upon what had happened and declaring it couldn't have been the rapture because themselves and so many "Christians" were still there.

It's astounding how many seminary professors and how many pastors who come out of seminary are not born again in Christ and don't believe the Bible is completely true and for us today.

We've even had a few pass through OB who have proclaimed themselves to be Christian yet deny any need to be born again. Many professing Christians today believe they are Christians because they were baptized at some time (some as babies), said some "salvation prayer" with no repentance and no understanding of biblical salvation, were born Christian, they are good people, they attend church, they do good things, etc. They have many reasons for believing they are a Christian headed for heaven yet they can't proclaim the one and only reason that God accepts, biblically being born again in Christ.

It saddens me to think of those who sincerely think they are okay with God, but are sincerely wrong, who will one day be cast into hell after hearing Christ declare He never knew them.

swathdiver likes this

Posted

I have not been to a seminary, yet years back when I was called to be pastor of this church, a lady in the congregation asked me if I had been to seminary. After I said no nothing else was mentioned about it. After becoming pastor I talked with her about this. Her reply was something like this, “I’m not very fond of most pastors that have gone to seminary in the last several years. And I have known some who have, & the seminary actually ruined them.”

I asked how the seminary ruined theses pastors.

Her reply was, “Many of them come back from seminary, not believing the Bible is God’s Word, knowing nothing about how a church is run, thinking that one church is good as any other church, & wanting to associate with all other churches no matter what they teach or what kind of name they have. Also it seems they come back thinking that to understand God that they have to gleam from all the versions of the Bible, that God’s truth cannot be found in this old reliable KJ Bible that I have always used & the pastors we have had used.”

This was a woman that was about 15 to 20 years older than I, I’m now 65, that grew up & lived in the rural country side that as long as she was physically able was in church every service unless she was sick.

A seminary is only as good as its teachers, sad to say its difficult to get a group of good Bible teachers together. And with the liberal road many are taking, its getting more difficult.

swathdiver likes this

Posted

It's astounding how many seminary professors and how many pastors who come out of seminary are not born again in Christ and don't believe the Bible is completely true and for us today.

We've even had a few pass through OB who have proclaimed themselves to be Christian yet deny any need to be born again. Many professing Christians today believe they are Christians because they were baptized at some time (some as babies), said some "salvation prayer" with no repentance and no understanding of biblical salvation, were born Christian, they are good people, they attend church, they do good things, etc. They have many reasons for believing they are a Christian headed for heaven yet they can't proclaim the one and only reason that God accepts, biblically being born again in Christ.

It saddens me to think of those who sincerely think they are okay with God, but are sincerely wrong, who will one day be cast into hell after hearing Christ declare He never knew them.

My family is awash with folks like that. They say they're all good people who cheat, steal, gamble, do drugs and get drunk yet because of their "big hearts" they will go to heaven. There are some new folks we're discipling to that are former Catholics and think all their Catholic family members are saved and going to heaven too. It's awfully sad!

Come to think of it, Billy Graham also told George W. Bush that some people have to be born-again, while others were born Christians. How many folks has this guy sent to hell with his false gospel?

To my knowledge, the two largest IFB colleges are Pensacola and West Coast and yet they long ago compromised with CCM music and are allowing the world into their classrooms and pulpits. Who is left? I hunger to learn more and more of the Scriptures and have considered going back to school (online probably) but don't want to be misled by a bunch of feel good liberals. I think there's one school left in Florida, Landmark Baptist College that still loves and honors the Lord. The folks that I know that went there are solid in doctrine and need to assess whether the school still is or not. Otherwise, I'll continue to do what I've always done the hard way - teaching myself!

I have not been to a seminary, yet years back when I was called to be pastor of this church, a lady in the congregation asked me if I had been to seminary. After I said no nothing else was mentioned about it. After becoming pastor I talked with her about this. Her reply was something like this, “I’m not very fond of most pastors that have gone to seminary in the last several years. And I have known some who have, & the seminary actually ruined them.”

I asked how the seminary ruined theses pastors.

Her reply was, “Many of them come back from seminary, not believing the Bible is God’s Word, knowing nothing about how a church is run, thinking that one church is good as any other church, & wanting to associate with all other churches no matter what they teach or what kind of name they have. Also it seems they come back thinking that to understand God that they have to gleam from all the versions of the Bible, that God’s truth cannot be found in this old reliable KJ Bible that I have always used & the pastors we have had used.”

This was a woman that was about 15 to 20 years older than I, I’m now 65, that grew up & lived in the rural country side that as long as she was physically able was in church every service unless she was sick.

A seminary is only as good as its teachers, sad to say its difficult to get a group of good Bible teachers together. And with the liberal road many are taking, its getting more difficult.

You're right Jerry. As mentioned above there are so few left that it's getting harder to find them. This all points to the end times, that the rapture is near though!