1 Tim. 1:15

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,349 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

Why we are all Catholics now

by Glenn Beck

Mormon-Catholics (Mormolics) or Catholic-Mormons (Cathmons)?

#2 Covenanter

Covenanter

Super Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts
Excellent
  • LocationSouthall, West London, England

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

We do share concerns with other faiths - if we vote, we vote for someone we would be very unlikely to agree with doctrinally, but we agree with a broad platform. The views of IFBs or FIEC are numerically insignificant, but in some matters, such as abortion & marriage, we can agree very widely.

#3 Salyan

Salyan

Super Contributor

• Moderators
  • 3,101 posts
Excellent
  • LocationSP AB CA

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

Oh, I am, am I? Reeeaaallly....

#4 swathdiver

swathdiver

Surrendered

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
Excellent
  • LocationTreasure Coast

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

Not me, never!

The article is about one lost man speaking to other lost men.

#5 John81

John81

Running to Win

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58,461 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

Beck has made it clear he's all for all religions ignoring their differences, yoking together for "political" reasons, but then taking it a step further and not saying anything outside politics that could hurt their unity. In other words, yoke with false religionists to gain political power while dropping any teachings of the truth about those false religions you are now yoked with.

As I recall, that didn't work well for ancient Israel!

#6 "I am chief"

"I am chief"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,349 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

Beck has made it clear he's all for all religions ignoring their differences, yoking together for "political" reasons, but then taking it a step further and not saying anything outside politics that could hurt their unity. In other words, yoke with false religionists to gain political power while dropping any teachings of the truth about those false religions you are now yoked with.

As I recall, that didn't work well for ancient Israel!

America refuses to read God's lesson book.
If it didn't work well for Israel then it's sure to gain acceptance in the U.S.A.

#7 JerryNumbers

JerryNumbers

Life is about Jesus, not self

• 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

Not me, never!

The article is about one lost man speaking to other lost men.

And even worse than that, its about lost men that teach a false Gospel. I believe they are more dangerous than lost people that preach no Gospel. Reason, it much more difficult to reach a man that has a false hope than a man that has no hope.

#8 swathdiver

swathdiver

Surrendered

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
Excellent
  • LocationTreasure Coast

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:25 AM

And even worse than that, its about lost men that teach a false Gospel. I believe they are more dangerous than lost people that preach no Gospel. Reason, it much more difficult to reach a man that has a false hope than a man that has no hope.

Exactly Jerry! I heard Glenn Beck on the radio this morning for a few minutes and he was explaining how his cult was part of the Christian religion. Of course, nobody there with him had the guts or knowledge to challenge his blasphemous assertions.

#9 Brother Rick

Brother Rick

Smile! God loves you!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

There's more than 100 branches of Mormonism all claiming to be the true church. That's not confusing!

#10 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 58,461 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

There's more than 100 branches of Mormonism all claiming to be the true church. That's not confusing!

Not any more than all the branches of Christianity or the sects of Islam.

#11 "I am chief"

"I am chief"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,349 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Good thought, I suppose since Mormonism was initiated by Smith for the Americas they would have to tailor a sect per nation. I wonder if they have to change the sect every time a nation changes politics such as in Africa or the Balkan Nations?

#12 JerryNumbers

JerryNumbers

• 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

All I know is that with Mr. Rommey running for the republican nomination last year & again this year its giving the Mormons much more respect, & that makes them that much more dangerous.

Some who have stated publicly that its a cult have been scolded quite bad. Sad thing, but its true, there's only a few that can tell the difference between a false teaching church & one that teaches the truth. And even more than that there's even fewer than can tell the difference between a false teaching person & one who proclaims the truth.

#13 "I am chief"

"I am chief"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,349 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

And even more than that there's even fewer than can tell the difference between a false teaching person & one who proclaims the truth.

This is only true because folks don't let the Holy Spirit lead them through Bible study or, they don't have the Spirit to guide them to the truth.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

#14 JerryNumbers

JerryNumbers

• 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

This is true because they are fewer of us than many believe their are. Remember what the Bible says about lost people.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

And of course some of those that are Christians are only babes.

#15 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 58,461 posts
Excellent

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

The Mormon church has poured millions of dollars into public relations messages to convince folks they are Christians and the LDS is a mainstream Christian church. All of this helped pave the way for Beck and Romney.

By the time Beck gained popularity on Fox News the groundwork had already been laid for Mormons to be viewed as Christians. Beck, using conserevative sounding talk and saying "Jesus" in some of his talks, greatly added to the idea Mormons are Christians. A great leap into the full acceptance of Mormons as Christians was accomplished when many Christian leaders announced they believed the Mormon Beck was a real Christian.

The Mormon church has worked hard to hide their past, especially their views that their religion was only for whites because the darker races were somehow in line with the evil one. Like their views on polygamy, they dropped their racial views for the sake of acceptance and growth. Today there are many black, oriental and other non-white Mormons.

They also do their best to hide the polygamy problem, claiming that's just something breakaway sects have anything to do with. They also don't make public their prophecies that a Mormon will rise to leadership and save America.

Mormonism is a totally man-made/demonic religion that has nothing to do with Christianity or the Jesus of Scripture.

#16 swathdiver

swathdiver

Surrendered

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
Excellent
  • LocationTreasure Coast

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

A great leap into the full acceptance of Mormons as Christians was accomplished when many Christian leaders announced they believed the Mormon Beck was a real Christian.

Mormonism is a totally man-made/demonic religion that has nothing to do with Christianity or the Jesus of Scripture.

So has David Barton. I enjoyed watching his "American Heritage" series until I learned who he was sitting across from!

#17 Brother Rick

Brother Rick

Smile! God loves you!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

The difference with Christianity is that you can be in a different strain and still be on your way to Heaven. If I'm a Lutheran, Charismatic, Baptist, whatever... salvation isn't in a church it's in a person. With the Mormons, and especially the Catholics, salvation is part of the being in the true church.

Although I think with the Mormons if you're not in the right brand you're okay, you just don't get all the special perks. Kinda like Baptist Briders. You get to go to Heaven, but you have to life off of Social Security up there. If you're the right kind of Baptist though, you get a special pension plan. :-P

#18 JerryNumbers

JerryNumbers

• 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

A great leap into the full acceptance of Mormons as Christians was accomplished when many Christian leaders announced they believed the Mormon Beck was a real Christian.

So has David Barton. I enjoyed watching his "American Heritage" series until I learned who he was sitting across from!

I firmly believe each Sunday morning as many of our bothers & sisters meet for church services they believe every church meeting on Sunday morning is full of Christians. That is they accept people as Christians simply because they attend church services & claims Christ as their Savior & that they're worshiping God.

The actual percentages of churches that teaches one is saved by grace though faith in Jesus, not of self, not by works, its a gift from God, is actually less than 20% of the churches in America.

Most churches teach a different ways of being saved, generally its by baptizing, works, & such, while claiming one cannot be saved by faith alone. Plus most of them teach you can be lost after having been saved.

And even if it were possible to be lost after being saved.

Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

It would be impossible to be saved the 2nd time.

Instead of ever losing their salvation, those peoples problem is, they were never saved to begin with. This use to be a popular stand to take among Baptist people, yet now days even among Baptist people its a very unpopular stand to take.

#19 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 58,461 posts
Excellent

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

I firmly believe each Sunday morning as many of our bothers & sisters meet for church services they believe every church meeting on Sunday morning is full of Christians. That is they accept people as Christians simply because they attend church services & claims Christ as their Savior & that they're worshiping God.

The actual percentages of churches that teaches one is saved by grace though faith in Jesus, not of self, not by works, its a gift from God, is actually less than 20% of the churches in America.

Most churches teach a different ways of being saved, generally its by baptizing, works, & such, while claiming one cannot be saved by faith alone. Plus most of them teach you can be lost after having been saved.

And even if it were possible to be lost after being saved.

Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

It would be impossible to be saved the 2nd time.

Instead of ever losing their salvation, those peoples problem is, they were never saved to begin with. This use to be a popular stand to take among Baptist people, yet now days even among Baptist people its a very unpopular stand to take.

This reminds me of something my pastor was talking about with me. An area church contacted him and asked if he had any advice with regards to hiring a new pastor. That church has been through 3 pastors in the last 2 years. My pastor told them the best thing they could do is take the time to make sure they are born again and believe the Bible is the Word of God. Then he pointed out the last 3 pastors they hired didn't meet those qualifications which is why they had to get rid of them.

That church had been in such a hurry to hire a new pastor, and so willing to believe prospective pastors were certainly born again and believed the Word, they never bothered to question them about it. Bad move!

Our pastor has been with our church now for 30 years. Before he was hired our church had been without a pastor for 2 years and had interviewed over 100 pastors. After 2 years and over a hundred interviews, our pastor was the only one who was born again and believed the whole Bible was the perfect Word of God.

That's a very sad shame! And if it was that bad 30 years ago, it's certainly much worse now.

Of all the local area pastors, only a handful are actually born again in Christ!

#20 swathdiver

swathdiver

Surrendered

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
Excellent
  • LocationTreasure Coast

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

When the rapture occurs, it will easily be explained away because there will be so few missing in their respective areas. In the last two years of the 6 IFBs in my neighborhood, one has almost completely collapsed, 2 have gone modern-charismatic and a fourth, the largest is spinning out of control seemingly because of its compromise and worldliness. Ours is under continual assault from the world too. Who knows if her members will hold to the same values today twenty years from now? I pray that the Lord returns before then!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500