Life is about Jesus, not self

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Proclaimed Virgin Mary Visions Draw Thousands to Alabama

A visit from a Croatian woman who says she sees the Virgin Mary on a daily basis drew thousands of people to a small Alabama town this week, many of them traveling long distances to be near the self-proclaimed visionary.

Despite skepticism of prominent Catholics, the faithful said they trekked to Sterrett, about 30 minutes south of Birmingham, with hopes of hearing a message from the mother of Jesus, witnessing miracles and receiving direction about how to follow their faith.

"I am here to get our Lady's graces," said Steve Schoenecker, 56, who came from Minnesota.

Full Story

#2 swathdiver

swathdiver

Surrendered

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
Excellent
  • LocationTreasure Coast

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

Poor fools.

#3 JerryNumbers

JerryNumbers

• 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

Yes, if only they would turn to the Bible & believe they could know God quite well & stop chasing down theses so called aspiration hoping to hear a special message.

#4 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 62,158 posts
Excellent

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

This is a direct result of Catholic teaching which points away from the Bible and to oddities.

#5 pilgrimspen

pilgrimspen

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Neutral

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:47 AM

well, I just came across the similarity of their pope's mitre and dagon fish god of babylonia...their priests wear the same thing..... I'm glad I left the RCC.

#6 pilgrimspen

pilgrimspen

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Neutral

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:48 AM

yes they should be reading the bible instead of running around in every apparitions..... still we need to pray for them and reach out. They are surely lost.

#7 Invicta

Invicta

Super Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,608 posts
Excellent
  • LocationWhitstable, Kent, England

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

well, I just came across the similarity of their pope's mitre and dagon fish god of babylonia...their priests wear the same thing..... I'm glad I left the RCC.

Yes. If you look at pictures of popes centuries ago, they still had the fish eyes in their mitres, Anglican bishops also have Dagon's mitre.

Edited by Invicta, 08 July 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#8 JerryNumbers

JerryNumbers

• 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

yes they should be reading the bible instead of running around in every apparitions..... still we need to pray for them and reach out. They are surely lost.

Yes, we need to reach out to them when possible, the problem is one who has no hope is easier to win to Christ than one who has a false hope. Those who have a false hope most times will defend their false hope all the way though the doors of hell, them debate Jesus over it telling Him how many wonderful things they did in His name.

#9 pilgrimspen

pilgrimspen

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Neutral

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

Yes, Jerry that is the case with my family and relatives. They are strict and devout Catholics. I have a hard time convincing my aunt... she's 80 yrs. old. She told me I can't see GOD so I need those idols. And I even overheard her say Christian are fools because they remove idols. Its like pictures for her reminds her of GOD. I rest my case... I just rebuked her once but that's her answer I just pray for her. You know I feel guilty about my grandma and aunt for when they died I was also the one who told them to wear scapulars... now I don't know if they are saved (that was when I was still an unbeliever). I realized that I was so down there. My parents, my mom listens to me but its like the grain of seeds in the parable... after I tell her about the truth in the gospel she just resumes and still go to church with my aunt.. same with my dad. I think for them they were raised Catholic and they will die as one. I can't do anything.... so I just pray for them. My older brother turned an atheist... actually he is the one who first see the priest and the Catholic teachings wrong. But he really lost his way. He even recommend a book to me -the GOD delusion.- When he saw the Da Vinci code... that started getting worst.. I mean his beliefs.. :(

I also am amaze because I know myself has a hard Catholic upbringing too and suddenly I came to see the truth. Tons of books I have like the Cathechism of the Catholic Church, various books of saints.. their writings I have. And I was able to dispose them even those given to me by my late aunt. Its hard at first but I need to dispose them. Now I'm collecting Christian books. I know the writers aren't that perfect I pray that I may get the good teachings and filter the bad.

To INVICTA - talk about the case of miracles. And rose petals,... you know the one with images on it imprinted. I was pointing out to my workmates it is a fake.. it can be reproduce.. but they think its really a sign in heaven. It's famous here in the Philippines now... run by someone claiming to be a visionary named Carmelo Cortez... please read the link and tell me what you think. I know he;s a fake and all visionaries out there. They may be telling the truth like they saw something but the question is where did the message really come from?
http://innermagicclu...e-petal-images/

#10 JerryNumbers

JerryNumbers

• 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

It hurts to have a loved one to believe in false teachings, yet if they chose to do so there's not much you can do about it, except what you seemed to have done, plus pray for them.

I just which there was more concern for the lost. Around here it seems most are just happy to be saved & it does not bother them that they have family or friends that are lost & think about God only when attending church services.

#11 pilgrimspen

pilgrimspen

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Neutral

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

Yes, Jerry we're really blessed that we came to know the real Jesus Christ. And some really are judgmental towards non-believers. Jesus showed us what we should do. He didn't avoid the outcasts and the sinners instead He mingled with them..but He didin't tolerated their sins... He corrected them and showed them how to live a life and sin no more.

It is our duty to reach out to the unbelievers for Jesus said when He went to heaven... about evangelizing go out to all the nations and send forth the good news. Knowing GOD's mercy and that we are saved isn't enough... reach out to the lost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500