What's Your Temp Today?

334 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Exceptional drought now covers one-third of Arkansas

At 6: Wildfire in Ola burns 1,400 acres

<<"Right now the Arkansas Forestry Service has a 20 man hand crew, 3 AFC doziers and a helicopter in the air at this time.">>

Does the above read as I think it does in that article about the fire?

That's about 90 to 100 miles north of me. If my memory serves me right years ago I passed though this small town going to Russellville, Arkansas to deliver cement to a ready mix plant. It was very stormy that night, hard rain, high winds, lots of lighting. As I passed though this town I thought the street lights looked different, the buildings shadows seem strange, the road seem a bit more narrow than ever before, but I thought the heavy rain, wind, lighting, made it look that way. On the return trip I found out what happened, The store buildings on the west side, quite tall wood frame buildings, 3 or 4 buildings covering about 1/2 a block, were picked up as I passed though town off their foundations by a tornado or heavy winds moving them out to the edge of the highway. Outside of moving them off their foundation there was no damage to them, but several houses west of them were totally destroyed. Edited by Jerry80871852

Posted · Report post

It's now 97 and the sun is getting low in the sky at quarter to 7 in the evening. Supposed to be 101 tomorrow.

The good news is that it's supposed to be in the low 90's next week.

BTW, our average high, this time of year is 90. We sure could use some of those days that cause the average to be only 90!

Posted · Report post

Amos 4:7-8

King James Version (KJV)

7 And also I have withholden the rain from you, when there were yet three months to the harvest: and I caused it to rain upon one city, and caused it not to rain upon another city: one piece was rained upon, and the piece whereupon it rained not withered.
8 So two or three cities wandered unto one city, to drink water; but they were not satisfied: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the Lord.

Oldtimer and Wilchbla like this

Posted · Report post

Last night we had thunder storms come rolling though, with much rolling thunder, along with about 1 inch of badly needed rain. Today I had to go to Shreveport, LA for my vision field test, I want find out till later the out come. Part of the drive was done in pouring down rain. Nice. This afternoon it cleared off, sun comes out, temp goes up with high humidity. Feels like real Southern Arkansas summer time weather.

Posted · Report post

We had a lot of lightening pass through last night but no rain. Temps in the 80s today, which actually feels cool after all those days over 100.

Posted · Report post

100.8º @ 3:14 PM!

:verymad:

Posted · Report post

Cooler again today, but no rain, although it poured for several hours from about midnight.

I did manage to cut my front lawn today, I cut the back on Thursday.

Posted · Report post

We are now down to 98.8º.

:biggrin:

99,7º & climbing @ 1:25 PM, forecaster 102º.

101.9º @ 3:50 PM, on the back porch it was showing 104º a few minutes ago.

Edited by Jerry80871852

Posted · Report post

Heard from a friend back in Carthage, MO yesterday, was 104 there.

Posted · Report post

UGH, it was 100.8 @ 1:51 PM, down to 99.9º @ 3:06 PM.

Right at this second it is 84 degrees outside but by time you read this it will be less.

Edited by Wilchbla

Posted · Report post

Hit 87 here today, up near Cleveland.

Posted · Report post

Hit 87 here today, up near Cleveland.

We just now dropped down to 87!

Posted · Report post

We just now dropped down to 87!

We are expecting to be in the mid-80's all this week. It was 62 this morning when I went out to run.

Posted · Report post

We are expecting to be in the mid-80's all this week. It was 62 this morning when I went out to run.

We were expecting "only" mid-90s but now the weatherman has changed to upper 90s and 100s.

Posted · Report post

We were expecting "only" mid-90s but now the weatherman has changed to upper 90s and 100s.

My friends back in Carthage tell me they've been over 100 for days and there is no end in sight. While I lived out that way I dot recall it being that hot for so long. Our first summer, 2006 was the warmest and we had many 100+ days, but I don't think it's been like this summer there.

Posted · Report post

This has been a bad summer for many cities and states with lots of 100s temps and little or no rain. The Midwest, part of the upper South and upper Midwest and plains states have been getting baked.

Posted · Report post

This has been a bad summer for many cities and states with lots of 100s temps and little or no rain. The Midwest, part of the upper South and upper Midwest and plains states have been getting baked.

Last year here (before we moved here) was the rainiest year on record. Then they had the 2nd least snowiest winter, followed by the current dry summer.

Posted · Report post

Last winter for us was very mild. Warm temps and very little snow. It seems we are paying for it now with this incredibly hot and dry summer.

Posted · Report post

My first 3 winters back down there had ice storms. My last winter there we had a blizzard.

We are down to 85.7 @ 10:29 PM, & it still feels hot outside.

August may be even hotter!

Don't you know the power companies are making much money with all the A/C's running full blast.

Edited by Jerry80871852

Posted · Report post

90F in North Dakota yesterday, 17C in Alberta tonight. Except for my apartment which is currentlt hotter than ND... :/ It's good to be home! :)

Posted · Report post

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! 60° & raining - again. Summer was last week for 3-4 days.

Posted · Report post

That 60 & raining sounds good, 99.9º with the sun blaring down hot & bright.

You could cook & egg on the road is a very short time.