Way Of Life - The Pre-Tribulation Rapture

362 posts in this topic

Posted

PRINT (click Title first for single article)

zz_understanding_bible_prophecy
The following is from the Advanced Bible Studies course Understanding Bible Prophecy (fourth edition, rewritten and enlarged, August 2012). This thorough and practical course enables the student to understand and enjoy Bible prophecy. It deals with the interpretation of prophecy, dispensationalism, the covenants, the nations in prophecy, and Messianic prophecy. Large sections are devoted to “prophecies being fulfilled today” and “the great prophetic events of the future.” 297 pages, 7 x 8 inch format, $14.95 (Also available as a .pdf eBook)

The next major event on God’s prophetic calendar is the Rapture of church-age believers. 

The word “rapture” does not appear in the Bible, but it describes the catching away of the church-age saints at the end of the age. 

There are two major passages that describe the Rapture: 1 Thessalonians 4:13 -- 5:11 and 1 Corinthians 15:51-58.

The Greek word translated “caught up” in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 is used in Acts 8:39 of the Spirit of God snatching away Philip after the conversion of the Ethiopian eunuch. 

1 Thessalonians 4:13 -- 5:11

1. The Rapture is an event in which the dead in Christ will be raised (1 Th. 4:14-16) and the living New Testament saints will be changed and glorified (1 Th. 4:17).

2. The dead in Christ are presently with Him in heaven (1 Th. 4:14). The dead in Christ do not “sleep in the grave” as some false teachers claim.

3. The Rapture is the believer’s hope and comfort (1 Th. 4:13, 18). This is what we are waiting for. We are not looking for the antichrist and the Great Tribulation. If the Rapture did not occur until the end of the Great Tribulation, it could not produce hope and comfort for the Christian. 

4. The Rapture occurs before the Day of the Lord’s wrath (1 Th. 5:1-10).

a. The “Day of the Lord” is the time of Tribulation when God will judge the world for its sin and idolatry. In that “day,” God will be exalted and rebellious men will be humbled. See Isaiah 2:10-21. 

b. Note the change in pronouns in this passage. In verse 3 the pronoun “they” is used, because the Day of the Lord will come upon the unsaved world. But in verses 4-5 the pronoun “ye” is used, referring to believers. That day will not overtake us. 

c. The Rapture will occur as a thief in the night (1 Th. 5:2), but this is not how the Lord’s return in glory will occur. It will come with unmistakeable signs in the heavens and will be seen by all (Mat. 24:27-31). The Rapture pertains to the church, whereas Christ’s Second Coming pertains to Israel and the world.

d. The believer is to be watching for the Lord’s return at all times (1 Th. 5:6). We do not know when it will happen. It is imminent. 

View the full article
swathdiver likes this

Posted (edited)

I have no disrespect for the man............ But I do not care for a belief system only using a few scriptures; AND:

This thorough and practical course enables the student to understand and enjoy Bible prophecy. It deals with the interpretation of prophecy, dispensationalism, the covenants, the nations in prophecy, and Messianic prophecy. Large sections are devoted to “prophecies being fulfilled today” and “the great prophetic events of the future.”

Interpretation: (don't do it) Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance. Peter knew he was to be martyrd.
16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. 19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
2 Peter 1:15-21 (KJV)

Dispensationalism: (follow scripture; not altered meanings) 1.) For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.
1 Cor 9:17 (KJV) Dispensation (dispensed) is clearly defined as a THING.

2.) Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
Eph 1:9-12 (KJV) Here; those having the inheritance have purpose. The gathering together - all in Christ - in Heven and Earth. He has dispensed a thing unto us that will be an event.

3.) For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:1-4 (KJV) Well, that's pretty simple. Paul was given or it was dispensed unto him --- the revelation of the mystery of Christ. All scriptures are in harmony.

4.) Again; super simple ----Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; 26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory
Col 1:25-27 (KJV)

They've carried out the allegorations of wording basically from the teaching of Origen as found in seminaries. They taken "dispensatio nof time" and ran with it - Hey, out goal line is over here with Jesus -- you're running in the wrong direction.

They've treated the Covenants much the same way. Things have been extended to Israel (Jacob) in prophesy when today Rothschild bought and stole land and created his own personal nation of non-Jews (the Ashkenazi Jew are Gentiles). using his family flag of the hexagram (666) making their claim that they are Luciferterian........... that nation is not God's people or having anything to do with Jacob's inheritance. Where are Jacob's descendants and what is their position.... Jesus had a lot to say on the subject.

Jesus referenced Daniel: Daniel referenced Jesus. Daniel's prophesy about Jesus is not to be taken and disgraced and made a prophesy about Lucifer (Lucifer is the god of Jesuits and Catholics). If the Gentiles build a temple for Satan on Jacob's land - is that legit or scriptural? Daniel's 70th week is just that -- not a first week in end-time prophesy. Daniel 9:24-27 is clear and plain English.. Seventy weeks are determined and sealed. Jesus is baptised at the beginning of the week and the teaching/preaching begins. In the midst of the week Jesus is cut-off. He resurrected and the temple sacrifice of none effect the oblation ceased. And salvation came to the whole world. Daniel's prophesy is not about Lucifer and him being revealed in the midst of the week in an unauthorized temple.

Rapture: Very clear wording in scripture and bunch of it in many (most all) epistles. Read what this means without interpretation ---- Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition
2 Thess 2:1-3 (KJV)
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1 Thess 4:16-17 (KJV)
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1 Cor 15:51-54 (KJV)
More simple passages distorted by Origen's disciples: But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
1 Thess 5:1-10 (KJV)
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2 Peter 3:9-10 (KJV)
Again to the church: Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
Rev 3:3 (KJV)
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Rev 16:15 (KJV) Coming for us - very plain.

Remove the seminary teaching and allegoration and dispensationalism. Use the Bible as the sole source without interpretation of injecting personal thoughts and opinion ------ God got it right and the Bible means what it says and yes........ much scriptural are spiritual requiring the Holy Ghost for understanding - not interpretation as there is no more scriptures coming from men today - no new revelations.

Edited by SamuelP
Covenanter likes this

Posted

Teaching that the rapture takes place before the tribulations is not seminary teaching, its Bible teaching. And of course you use those verses that relates to a doctrine when teaching the Bible, not verses that does not relate to that doctrine. And there's no new revelations within the article.

Posted (edited)

Jerry,

Do you remove the 70th week of Daniel's prophecy and make it an end-times prophecy?

Jerry; please show the scripture showing a 7 yr trib.............. I've never seen it. All I've ever seen is the removal of the 70th week. That can't be done.

Edited by SamuelP

Posted

Jerry,

Do you remove the 70th week of Daniel's prophecy and make it an end-times prophecy?

I don't think a pre-tribulation rapture has anything to do with Daniel's 70th week. Correct me if I'm wrong, I just am not seeing the connection.

Posted

When dealing with the Bible I do not remove nor add anything, that's dangerous.

Re 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Re 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Posted

I don't think a pre-tribulation rapture has anything to do with Daniel's 70th week. Correct me if I'm wrong, I just am not seeing the connection.

It's been awhile since I've specifically looked at this aspect, but I do know many who believe in a pre-trib rapture but absolutely reject Dispensationalism as unscriptural. They see no evidence of the 70 weeks of Daniel having a 69th week which is not a "week", but extends centuries. In my own studies I've not found where the 70 weeks are anything other than 70 weeks just as Scripture says.
SamuelP likes this

Posted (edited)

I have no disrespect for the man............ But I do not care for a belief system only using a few scriptures; AND:

This thorough and practical course enables the student to understand and enjoy Bible prophecy. It deals with the interpretation of prophecy, dispensationalism, the covenants, the nations in prophecy, and Messianic prophecy. Large sections are devoted to “prophecies being fulfilled today” and “the great prophetic events of the future.”

Interpretation: (don't do it) Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance. Peter knew he was to be martyrd.
16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. 19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
2 Peter 1:15-21 (KJV)

Dispensationalism: (follow scripture; not altered meanings) 1.) For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.
1 Cor 9:17 (KJV) Dispensation (dispensed) is clearly defined as a THING.

2.) Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
Eph 1:9-12 (KJV) Here; those having the inheritance have purpose. The gathering together - all in Christ - in Heven and Earth. He has dispensed a thing unto us that will be an event.

3.) For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:1-4 (KJV) Well, that's pretty simple. Paul was given or it was dispensed unto him --- the revelation of the mystery of Christ. All scriptures are in harmony.

4.) Again; super simple ----Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; 26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory
Col 1:25-27 (KJV)

They've carried out the allegorations of wording basically from the teaching of Origen as found in seminaries. They taken "dispensatio nof time" and ran with it - Hey, out goal line is over here with Jesus -- you're running in the wrong direction.

They've treated the Covenants much the same way. Things have been extended to Israel (Jacob) in prophesy when today Rothschild bought and stole land and created his own personal nation of non-Jews (the Ashkenazi Jew are Gentiles). using his family flag of the hexagram (666) making their claim that they are Luciferterian........... that nation is not God's people or having anything to do with Jacob's inheritance. Where are Jacob's descendants and what is their position.... Jesus had a lot to say on the subject.

Jesus referenced Daniel: Daniel referenced Jesus. Daniel's prophesy about Jesus is not to be taken and disgraced and made a prophesy about Lucifer (Lucifer is the god of Jesuits and Catholics). If the Gentiles build a temple for Satan on Jacob's land - is that legit or scriptural? Daniel's 70th week is just that -- not a first week in end-time prophesy. Daniel 9:24-27 is clear and plain English.. Seventy weeks are determined and sealed. Jesus is baptised at the beginning of the week and the teaching/preaching begins. In the midst of the week Jesus is cut-off. He resurrected and the temple sacrifice of none effect the oblation ceased. And salvation came to the whole world. Daniel's prophesy is not about Lucifer and him being revealed in the midst of the week in an unauthorized temple.

Rapture: Very clear wording in scripture and bunch of it in many (most all) epistles. Read what this means without interpretation ---- Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition
2 Thess 2:1-3 (KJV)
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1 Thess 4:16-17 (KJV)
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1 Cor 15:51-54 (KJV)
More simple passages distorted by Origen's disciples: But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
1 Thess 5:1-10 (KJV)
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2 Peter 3:9-10 (KJV)
Again to the church: Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
Rev 3:3 (KJV)
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Rev 16:15 (KJV) Coming for us - very plain.

Remove the seminary teaching and allegoration and dispensationalism. Use the Bible as the sole source without interpretation of injecting personal thoughts and opinion ------ God got it right and the Bible means what it says and yes........ much scriptural are spiritual requiring the Holy Ghost for understanding - not interpretation as there is no more scriptures coming from men today - no new revelations.

1. Dispensationalism is NOT a DOCTRINE, it is merely a method of interpretation that shows how God had different wills toward man during different time periods of history. Two perfect examples of this are the fact that man lived differently prior to the law, man was not held to the standards of the Exodus law because it hadn't been given, obviously, so that is just one example of how dispensationalism points out the different time periods.
Second example in the NT, Acts 17:30 "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent" Why is there a "but now" in there? it's because God is dealing with man differently. Dispensationalism is merely a method that shows the different time periods of Biblical history
And just because the usage of the word "dispensation" as a method of interpretation isn't in the Bible, doesn't mean it isn't useful. If we are to throw out all terms, then we can't use the word Bible, Trinity, Deity of Christ, eternal security, hermenueitics, exegesis, eisegesis, or even one that you chose to use at the end of your comment, allegorical
You also quoted Eph where Paul mentioned that God revealed to him a mystery. What was that mystery? If there are no dispensations or divisions in the Bible, then there would be nothing for Christ to tell Paul that wasn't already in the Bible somewhere else, it wouldn't be a mystery.

2) And here we go again with the Ashkenazi Jews. Just because there are fake Jews in the land, doesn't mean there are not REAL Jews there. And DNA evidence has confirmed that many of the Ashkenazi Jews can be traced from the Cohen family all the way back to Aaron. Chris White in a short video has thoroughly debunked this racist made claim that started with the White Papers, was propagated by Hitler, then Aurthur Keister, and now David Duke. Here.

There are several verses in the NT that show God is not done with Israel and Romans 9-11 clearly shows that. Romans 9-11 is not a reference to some spiritualized transfer of Israel to the church because Paul says the people he is talking about are his kinsmen "according to the flesh.
Jesus praised the Jewish church of Ephesis and Philadelphia for identify false Jews and the only way to identify a false Jew is for there to be a true one around (Rev 2:2, 2:9, 3:9). There are 12 tribes of Hebrews sealed in Revelation ch 7:5-8, and if you think this is the church, then what tribe do you belong to?
The Jews rebuild the temple during the 7 years after the rapture and this is not the temple that was destroyed by Titus. The temple in Revelation is also described in Ezekial 40, which has at least 30 chambers, the temple of Herod destroyed in AD 70 only had 4 chambers therefore there is yet a third temple to be built and it will be built by Jews.
Yes there will be corrupt Jews during this time, the Bible tells us that plainly, but that doesn't negate the fact that there is still a future that involves the restoration of the Jewish people in the land of Israel. All of Revelation revolves around Israel, not a spiritual or "allegorized" Israel but the literal physical land of Israel, and if there are no Jews there, then to whom to all of the prophecies of Revelation refer? You said "don't allegorize the Bible" but you will have to do so yourself to explain the clear meaning of the Bible in reference to the Jews in Revelation.

3) You said "Jesus referenced Daniel: Daniel referenced Jesus. Daniel's prophesy about Jesus is not to be taken and disgraced and made a prophesy about Lucifer (Lucifer is the god of Jesuits and Catholics). If the Gentiles build a temple for Satan on Jacob's land - is that legit or scriptural? Daniel's 70th week is just that -- not a first week in end-time prophesy. Daniel 9:24-27 is clear and plain English.. Seventy weeks are determined and sealed. Jesus is baptised at the beginning of the week and the teaching/preaching begins. In the midst of the week Jesus is cut-off. He resurrected and the temple sacrifice of none effect the oblation ceased. And salvation came to the whole world. Daniel's prophesy is not about Lucifer and him being revealed in the midst of the week in an unauthorized temple"

Daniel referenced Jesus AND satan in these verses. Daniel makes it clear that the Messiah and the prince to come are 2 different people. If you are going to interpret the Bible, you have to use at least sound grammatical rules, and the subject of Daniel changes from the Messiah in verse 26 to the prince that shall come of verse26:

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Notice that Messiah the Prince is capitalized, and the "prince that shall come" is not. The context tells you who the prince was because he destroys the city and the temple, Jesus didn't do that so the prince is someone else. Now since the prince is not Jesus at the end of verse 26, that means that the he of verse 27 must follow the antecedent subject mentioned in verse 26, you can't skip antecents to make the Bible fit your interpretation. The antecent subject of the "he shall confirm the covenant for one week" is "the prince that shall come", that prince was the most recent previous subject antecedent so the "He" that confirms the covenant is NOT Christ but the "prince that shall come". There is also Biblical precedent that shows that this prince is Satan in Eph 2:2 "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience" John 12:31 "Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out" and John 14:30 "Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me"

Furthermore, Daniel says that Messiah is cut off BEFORE the covenant is confirmed. How could Christ be the one confirming the covenant of verse 27 when He was cut off in verse 26?

Therefore the He that confirms the covenant is the prince that shall come, and that prince will be Satan.
There is also a problem with your time line. If you believe that the 70 weeks had no divisions in it, then how do you explain all of the 3 1/2 year references in Revelation? If Messiah was "cut off" in exactly 70 years, than there is no time left to "finish the transgression". The decree of Ezra to the crucifixion of Christ was exactly 483 years. Even though you say there is no division in the 70 years, Daniel himself says there is. He states that Messiah will be cut off in 69 weeks (v 25) that leaves 7 years, and Revelation makes it clear that God's 2 witness prophesy for 1280 days (Rev 11:3) or 3 1/2 years, the Gentiles will tread the holy city under foot for 3 1/2 years and when you add up all of the times in Revelation and put the events in context, there is a 7 year period defined in Revelation
4) The "day of the Lord" that Paul was referring to was the culmination of events that including the tribulation period and the 1000 year reign. Paul was saying that they need not to be worried about the rapture because if the rapture had already happened, these are the events that would have taken place. The Day of the Lord that he is referring to is not the rapture, it is events that follow after the rapture "For the day of the Lord is as a thousand years" I Peter 3:8-10, "but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." Rev 20:6
(Here is a list of references for the Day of the Lord )
These verses in Thessalonians SUPPORT the rapture, not refute it.
And Revelation 16 as you quoted is not talking to the church, and neither is Revelation 3. The churches of Revelation 2-3 are JEWISH CHURCHES and are Jewish will be Jewish tribulation saints with the exception of the church of Philadelphia (Rev 3:10).
And I could care less what Origen said, although his teachings are no where near what Baptists teach about the rapture, after I read several hundred books on prophecy, I decided to put all the books down and spend a few years starting from scratch. I memorized the entire book of Revelation and Daniel, Zechariah 12-14, all of the Pauline epistles, Ezekial 38-39, Jeremiah 50-51 and still came up with the same conclusion about the rapture as being the only explanation that fits the scriptures.

And it is not the 70 weeks that are "sealed", read it carefully, it is the vision and the prophecy that are sealed up, not the 70 weeks. The 70 weeks is the TOTAL time, and Daniel clearly explains in the same context you are quoting that those 70 years have divisions in them. Edited by DrJamesA

Posted

My buddy (just got off the phone with) 44 yrs preaching 41 as Evangelists......... he's pre-trib but not exactly sure why. He's a wonderful Christian.

When you take away Daniel's prophesy and alter it; you're in error. You didn't alter the wording but the teaching. You simple can't remove the 70th week. Seventy weeks are sealed with the 70th about Jesus.

Covenanter likes this

Posted

My buddy (just got off the phone with) 44 yrs preaching 41 as Evangelists......... he's pre-trib but not exactly sure why. He's a wonderful Christian.

When you take away Daniel's prophesy and alter it; you're in error. You didn't alter the wording but the teaching. You simple can't remove the 70th week. Seventy weeks are sealed with the 70th about Jesus.

I answered that in my post above you, it is not the 70 weeks that are sealed, it is the "vision and the prophecy" that 70 weeks are the time line in which the vision and the prophecy are sealed, not the 70 weeks, and the context itself clearly shows a division in the 70 weeks.

Posted

1. Dispensationalism is NOT a DOCTRINE, it is merely a method of interpretation that shows how God had different wills toward man during different time periods of history. Two perfect examples of this are the fact that man lived differently prior to the law, man was not held to the standards of the Exodus law because it hadn't been given, obviously, so that is just one example of how dispensationalism points out the different time periods.
Second example in the NT, Acts 17:30 "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent" Why is there a "but now" in there? it's because God is dealing with man differently. Dispensationalism is merely a method that shows the different time periods of Biblical history
And just because the usage of the word "dispensation" as a method of interpretation isn't in the Bible, doesn't mean it isn't useful. If we are to throw out all terms, then we can't use the word Bible, Trinity, Deity of Christ, eternal security, hermenueitics, exegesis, eisegesis, or even one that you chose to use at the end of your comment, allegorical
You also quoted Eph where Paul mentioned that God revealed to him a mystery. What was that mystery? If there are no dispensations or divisions in the Bible, then there would be nothing for Christ to tell Paul that wasn't already in the Bible somewhere else, it wouldn't be a mystery. They use dispensation for covenant it seems. And Eph For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:1-4 (KJV) Well, that's pretty simple. Paul was given or it was dispensed unto him --- the revelation of the mystery of Christ. All scriptures are in harmony. It is no mystery, Paul explains it all. I have no clue what you are trying to say here. There is no mystey as Paul explained it very simple.

2) And here we go again with the Ashkenazi Jews. Just because there are fake Jews in the land, doesn't mean there are not REAL Jews there. And DNA evidence has confirmed that many of the Ashkenazi Jews can be traced from the Cohen family all the way back to Aaron. Chris White in a short video has thoroughly debunked this racist made claim that started with the White Papers, was propagated by Hitler, then Aurthur Keister, and now David Duke. Here.
Hitler was an illegit child stemming from Rothschild. He preached the Catholic Aryan race as Catholics still teach that bunk today.

There are several verses in the NT that show God is not done with Israel (Gentiles are not Israel) and Romans 9-11 clearly shows that. Romans 9-11 is not a reference to some spiritualized transfer of Israel to the church because Paul says the people he is talking about are his kinsmen "according to the flesh.
Jesus praised the Jewish church of Ephesis and Philadelphia for identify false Jews and the only way to identify a false Jew is for there to be a true one around (Rev 2:2, 2:9, 3:9). There are 12 tribes of Hebrews sealed in Revelation ch 7:5-8, and if you think this is the church, then what tribe do you belong to?
The Jews rebuild the temple during the 7 years after the rapture and this is not the temple that was destroyed by Titus. The temple in Revelation is also described in Ezekial 40, which has at least 30 chambers, the temple of Herod destroyed in AD 70 only had 4 chambers therefore there is yet a third temple to be built and it will be built by Jews.
Yes there will be corrupt Jews during this time, the Bible tells us that plainly, but that doesn't negate the fact that there is still a future that involves the restoration of the Jewish people in the land of Israel. All of Revelation revolves around Israel, not a spiritual or "allegorized" Israel but the literal physical land of Israel, and if there are no Jews there, then to whom to all of the prophecies of Revelation refer? You said "don't allegorize the Bible" but you will have to do so yourself to explain the clear meaning of the Bible in reference to the Jews in Revelation.

3) You said "Jesus referenced Daniel: Daniel referenced Jesus. Daniel's prophesy about Jesus is not to be taken and disgraced and made a prophesy about Lucifer (Lucifer is the god of Jesuits and Catholics). If the Gentiles build a temple for Satan on Jacob's land - is that legit or scriptural? Daniel's 70th week is just that -- not a first week in end-time prophesy. Daniel 9:24-27 is clear and plain English.. Seventy weeks are determined and sealed. Jesus is baptised at the beginning of the week and the teaching/preaching begins. In the midst of the week Jesus is cut-off. He resurrected and the temple sacrifice of none effect the oblation ceased. And salvation came to the whole world. Daniel's prophesy is not about Lucifer and him being revealed in the midst of the week in an unauthorized temple"

Daniel referenced Jesus AND satan in these verses. Daniel makes it clear that the Messiah and the prince to come are 2 different people. If you are going to interpret the Bible, you have to use at least sound grammatical rules, and the subject of Daniel changes from the Messiah in verse 26 to the prince that shall come of verse26:

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, (all about Jesus) and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he (he is Jesus) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. Note: Jesus resurrected and the temple is of no use except for abuilding; then and now ---- then, the Gentiles were ushered in. The KJV is the same in Oxford or Cambridge --- Cambridge changes many things like spirit to Spirit where they deem it correct and many other words are treated as such.

Notice that Messiah the Prince is capitalized, and the "prince that shall come" is not. (which Bible Oxford or Cambridge) The context tells you who the prince was because he destroys the city and the temple, Jesus didn't do that so the prince is someone else. Now since the prince is not Jesus at the end of verse 26, that means that the he of verse 27 must follow the antecedent subject mentioned in verse 26, you can't skip antecents to make the Bible fit your interpretation. The antecent subject of the "he shall confirm the covenant for one week" is "the prince that shall come", that prince was the most recent previous subject antecedent so the "He" that confirms the covenant is NOT Christ but the "prince that shall come". There is also Biblical precedent that shows that this prince is Satan in Eph 2:2 "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience" John 12:31 "Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out" and John 14:30 "Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me"

Furthermore, Daniel says that Messiah is cut off BEFORE the covenant is confirmed. How could Christ be the one confirming the covenant of verse 27 when He was cut off in verse 26?

Therefore the He that confirms the covenant is the prince that shall come, and that prince will be Satan. WOW!
There is also a problem with your time line. If you believe that the 70 weeks had no divisions in it, then how do you explain all of the 3 1/2 year references in Revelation? If Messiah was "cut off" in exactly 70 years, than there is no time left to "finish the transgression". The decree of Ezra to the crucifixion of Christ was exactly 483 years. Even though you say there is no division in the 70 years, Daniel himself says there is. He states that Messiah will be cut off in 69 weeks (v 25) that leaves 7 years, and Revelation makes it clear that God's 2 witness prophesy for 1280 days (Rev 11:3) or 3 1/2 years, the Gentiles will tread the holy city under foot for 3 1/2 years and when you add up all of the times in Revelation and put the events in context, there is a 7 year period defined in Revelation
4) The "day of the Lord" that Paul was referring to was the culmination of events that including the tribulation period and the 1000 year reign. Paul was saying that they need not to be worried about the rapture because if the rapture had already happened, these are the events that would have taken place. The Day of the Lord that he is referring to is not the rapture, it is events that follow after the rapture "For the day of the Lord is as a thousand years" I Peter 3:8-10, "but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." Rev 20:6
(Here is a list of references for the Day of the Lord )
These verses in Thessalonians SUPPORT the rapture, not refute it.
And Revelation 16 as you quoted is not talking to the church, and neither is Revelation 3. The churches of Revelation 2-3 are JEWISH CHURCHES and are Jewish will be Jewish tribulation saints with the exception of the church of Philadelphia (Rev 3:10).
And I could care less what Origen said, although his teachings are no where near what Baptists teach about the rapture, after I read several hundred books on prophecy, I decided to put all the books down and spend a few years starting from scratch. I memorized the entire book of Revelation and Daniel, Zechariah 12-14, all of the Pauline epistles, Ezekial 38-39, Jeremiah 50-51 and still came up with the same conclusion about the rapture as being the only explanation that fits the scriptures.

The rapture fits well and is not a part of the 7 yr trib teaching as there is no 7 yr trib --------- There is great tribulation. I made a number of the references to the rapture; why pervert them? Or any of them. I referenced them quite will as the rapture will take place soon.

Posted

Rev 16:15 (KJV)

comes to those wearing garments --- the non - saved have no garments. We are commanded to WATCH. Not the unsaved.

Posted

I answered that in my post above you, it is not the 70 weeks that are sealed, it is the "vision and the prophecy" that 70 weeks are the time line in which the vision and the prophecy are sealed, not the 70 weeks, and the context itself clearly shows a division in the 70 weeks.

You answered nothing; you gave your opinion. Year for a day as it says per scripture. 490 years are sealed. 457 BC to Jesus' baptism is Jesus' age 30 in 26AD. Do the math. God's prophecies are spot on. Makes His birth 4BC 33.5 yrs old and 6 months from Passover is SEP.

All the events of each year are documented history. as is Jesus and his ministry and resurrection even to the ushering in of the Gentiles. You can't chop up Daniel's prophecy to suit your belief system.

Posted

comes to those wearing garments --- the non - saved have no garments. We are commanded to WATCH. Not the unsaved.

First, the response you made to my first comment was hardly answered at all.
Secondly, the person that Jesus comes on as a thief are those who walk in darkness. Paul taught us that we are not in darkness that that day should overtake us as a thief, so the command to watch is not given as a command to the church. Furthermore, no where is the church told to keep their own garments. The only ones that receive garments are those found worthy during the tribulation by refusing to worship the beast which results in their deaths, Rev 3:5. The church already has their garments in Rev 4:4

Posted

When a time is given -------- it is not up to you to change it to suit your opinion! Go with what it says.

One may think: Jesus resurrected and satan was bound in the bottomless pit. and at the end of a 1000 yrs satan is loosed for a little season and then cast back into the bottomless pit. Then at the end of the next 1000 yr period, hie is loosed out of the bottomless pit again to deceive and then cast into the Lake of Fire........ One may get the idea that:
Jesus resurrected and Satan is bound.
1000 yrs later satan is loosed for a short time --- mass murder and war all over and the Inquisition only to be bound again by the giving the Word of God and the Reformation to the people thusly being bound again by the Holy Ghost ~1500AD.
And now we are at another thousand years (2000 since Jesus) and Satan is loosed again - look around. 100mm Christians killed since JFK.
Why folks call this A 1000 years is beyond me. You can easily count 2000 years. Count them; simple plain English.

Posted

First, the response you made to my first comment was hardly answered at all.
Secondly, the person that Jesus comes on as a thief are those who walk in darkness. Paul taught us that we are not in darkness that that day should overtake us as a thief, so the command to watch is not given as a command to the church. Furthermore, no where is the church told to keep their own garments. The only ones that receive garments are those found worthy during the tribulation by refusing to worship the beast which results in their deaths, Rev 3:5. The church already has their garments in Rev 4:4

Blessed is the Christian that watches........... keeping his garments spotless (yes it is possible for a Christian to sin) Some Christians fall prey (they are not perfect and some are poorly taught) and are babes getting confused and found ashamed. But God's does not cast His own away. Some may back-slid or go to hunt camp with the unsaved and get beguilded into having a drink all the while they have prostitutes on the way.......... many circumstances cause saved people to get trapped and commit sin.

One is not saved and covered in the Jimmy Swaggart Glory of God.

Posted

You answered nothing; you gave your opinion. Year for a day as it says per scripture. 490 years are sealed. 457 BC to Jesus' baptism is Jesus' age 30 in 26AD. Do the math. God's prophecies are spot on. Makes His birth 4BC 33.5 yrs old and 6 months from Passover is SEP.

All the events of each year are documented history. as is Jesus and his ministry and resurrection even to the ushering in of the Gentiles. You can't chop up Daniel's prophecy to suit your belief system.

It does not say 490 years are sealed, it says 70 years are determined, and gives a list of several things that are to be determined WITHIN that 70 years, and one of those things was the sealing up of the vision and the prophecy, there is no such reference to the 70 years being sealed, that is grammatical suicide.

And have you actually done the math on this yourself? If you date 490 years from 457 BC, and take into account the 4 year difference, you would have Jesus being cut off at 30 years old when His ministry began, not when He was crucified.

The date has been cited by several historians as 453 BC, when you account for the birth of Christ around 4 to 3 BC and add 483 to -453, it comes out to exactly the time Christ was crucified with 7 years left, just the way Daniel describes it. Daniel didn't say Messiah would be cut off in 70 weeks, he said he would be cut off in 69, and if you claim that all 70 weeks are a whole, then when did Israel finish the transgression, and make an end to sins, and restore everlasting righteousness? There are still sinning so obviously that hasn't happened yet. You can't allegorize this to refer to what Christ sacrifice did, because Christ's sacrifice paid for the PENTALTY of sin, it didn't REMOVE the sins as Daniel in this verse clearly indicates is the prophecy that is still future. If the 70 weeks were meant to be one whole sum, then why would Daniel even bother given a break down of the 7 weeks and the 62 weeks?

Posted

When a time is given -------- it is not up to you to change it to suit your opinion! Go with what it says.

One may think: Jesus resurrected and satan was bound in the bottomless pit. and at the end of a 1000 yrs satan is loosed for a little season and then cast back into the bottomless pit. Then at the end of the next 1000 yr period, hie is loosed out of the bottomless pit again to deceive and then cast into the Lake of Fire........ One may get the idea that:
Jesus resurrected and Satan is bound.
1000 yrs later satan is loosed for a short time --- mass murder and war all over and the Inquisition only to be bound again by the giving the Word of God and the Reformation to the people thusly being bound again by the Holy Ghost ~1500AD.
And now we are at another thousand years (2000 since Jesus) and Satan is loosed again - look around. 100mm Christians killed since JFK.
Why folks call this A 1000 years is beyond me. You can easily count 2000 years. Count them; simple plain English.

You say don't add to the scriptures , but yet you just stated "and now we are at ANOTHER THOUSAND YEARS" (emphasis added). Yeah, to make your version fit in to the Bible you'd have to add another thousand years somewhere because it's awefully hard to claim that Revelation has been fulfilled even partially when it's the year 2000. Problem with that is where in the Bible is there EVER a second 1000 year reign mentioned? Scripture and verse please.

Posted

From Jesus to NOW is 2000 yrs --------- has nothing to do with a 7 yr trib as far as I know. There is no 7 yr trib.......... Where are the scriptures?

Posted

It does not say 490 years (weeks; not days) are sealed, it says 70 years (weeks or 490 days) are determined, and gives a list of several things that are to be determined WITHIN that 70 years (opps again), and one of those things was the sealing up of the vision and the prophecy, there is no such reference to the 70 years being sealed, that is grammatical suicide.
That which is perfect is come ---------- grammatical suicide ----- hogwash.

And have you actually done the math on this yourself? If you date 490 years from 457 BC, and take into account the 4 year difference, you would have Jesus being cut off at 30 years old when His ministry began, not when He was crucified.

The beginning of the 70th week is AD 26 basically where Jesus is age 30. 3.5 yrs later at resurrection is ~31AD The end of the 490 yrs is when the prophecy ended with the ushering in of the Gentiles ---------- solid teaching. The 7 yr trib math is 7 yrs off.

Posted (edited)

From Jesus to NOW is 2000 yrs --------- has nothing to do with a 7 yr trib as far as I know. There is no 7 yr trib.......... Where are the scriptures?

I gave you all of the scriptures, they are in the verses you quoted in Daniel 9:24-27, there were 490 years total for Israel to finish the transgression, and make an end of sins. Christ sacrifice is pointed to by preterists as the fulfillment of this but that defies the context, Christ paid the penalty of sin, but the PRESENCE of sin is what is dealt with at the 1000 year reign. The decree went out in 453 BC and Messiah was cut off at age 33 exactly as Daniel described it in 69 weeks or 483 years. There are seven years left from Daniel 9. In Revelation, 2 witnesses preach and call make signs for 3 1/2 years according to Rev 11:3-6. These 2 witnesses are killed and rejoiced over because these 2 tormented them that dwelt on the earth. This is clearly not the wrath that Satan unleashes his fury but the remnant of beleiving Jews (described in Rev 3:10) are preserved for 3 1/2 years in Rev 12:6. There are 2 separate events here between the ministry of the 2 witness and Satan and the total time period is 7 years. There are calculations like this all over Revelation, but these are enough to prove the seven years. Edited by DrJamesA

Posted

It does not say 490 years (weeks; not days) are sealed, it says 70 years (weeks or 490 days) are determined, and gives a list of several things that are to be determined WITHIN that 70 years (opps again), and one of those things was the sealing up of the vision and the prophecy, there is no such reference to the 70 years being sealed, that is grammatical suicide.
That which is perfect is come ---------- grammatical suicide ----- hogwash.

The beginning of the 70th week is AD 26 basically where Jesus is age 30. 3.5 yrs later at resurrection is ~31AD The end of the 490 yrs is when the prophecy ended with the ushering in of the Gentiles ---------- solid teaching. The 7 yr trib math is 7 yrs off.

Here, I will AGAIN post the verse in it's context:

Daniel 9:24
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy

Again, context is clear, there is no "sealing of 70 weeks" you are taking the verse of out context, it says 70 weeks are determined to accomplish a number of things, and the "seal up" is the Hebrew ולחתם velachton which means to finish or complete. There are a number of events described in this verse that have not taken place and that is what the context means, there are a total of 70 years to finish the prophecy, and it will be finished when Christ returns and establishes His kingdom "And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever" Rev 11:15

Posted

453 BC + 483 = 20 AD No one agrees to this. Jesus' birth in 10 BC --- I disagree. 23 AD for the crucifixion; I don't think so.

Two Candlesticks: the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.
Rev 1:20 (KJV) Candlesticks are churches.

Satan leashes out: wars everywhere........... AIDS everywhere, earthquakes @600/day, famine, plagues, sores on the body, polluted air and land and sea. strange phemenon and the list goes on with 100,000,000+ Christians being killed in a short period of time.

Only teaching I know of is the removal of Daniel's 70th week to create a 7 yr trib.

Posted

Daniel 9:24
24 Seventy weeks are determined (no other number) upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy (understood: upon thy people and upon they holy city, to finish the transgression and make an end of sins), and to anoint the most Holy

Exactly what Jesus did. You can't loop off a week making it a 69 week prophesy. And at some time when no one will know as all will be gone............ This prophecy is not for some lost bunch to read about events after we're gone....... All Christians gone and then the lost can read it............ surely ----- it's a wild teaching.

Posted

453 BC + 483 = 20 AD No one agrees to this. Jesus' birth in 10 BC --- I disagree. 23 AD for the crucifixion; I don't think so.

Two Candlesticks: the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.
Rev 1:20 (KJV) Candlesticks are churches.

Satan leashes out: wars everywhere........... AIDS everywhere, earthquakes @600/day, famine, plagues, sores on the body, polluted air and land and sea. strange phemenon and the list goes on with 100,000,000+ Christians being killed in a short period of time.

Only teaching I know of is the removal of Daniel's 70th week to create a 7 yr trib.

Dude, seriously, how did you come up with that? 453 plus 483 =20 AD? Here's an online calculator let me walk you through this. Start with age 33 subtract 4 years, for 29. Then take 29 and subtract 483 and you will come up with negative 454 which is the time of the decree of Ezra right around 453/454 BC. If you used your math 33-4=29, subtract 490, you would come up with 461 BC, and there is no historical evidence whatsoever for even coming close to that date. Furthermore, all of your attempts at calculating keep ending at Christ's beginning His ministry at age 30, that's not what "cut off" means, Christ wasn't cut off at age 30, He began His MINISTRY at age 30. Use that calculator, it is user friendly.

And either Revelation is true or it isn't. Revelation specifically states that Lucifer unleashes an unprecedented of flurry of wrath knowing that his time is short. Rev 12:10-12. Now here's a common sense question, why didn't Satan know his time was short during the crusades? How does Satan KNOW his time is short?? Answer is obvious, BECAUSE THERE"S A TIME LINE IN REVELATION, and THAT"S how he knows his time is short.