#1 Bro K

Bro K

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
Excellent
  • LocationGate City VA

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

Trying to find the post which had the video link showing our fellow IFBs running the isles and falling into the baptistery. I want to show my Pastor on what we've been missing. Thanks :coverlaugh:

#2 Salyan

Salyan

Super Contributor

• Moderators
  • 3,321 posts
Excellent
  • LocationSP AB CA

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

That was a while ago! Not sure where it is, but here's a link to the video on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=CLmjVDQMQUs

That is one of the most hilarious videos I've ever seen, but, really what do they think they're doing? Was it staged for the video? They can't really be that crazy there, can they - it's the exact opposite of 'decently and in order'.  :bigshock:

#3 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

Waiting patiently (ahem) for grandchildren...

• Moderators
  • 17,865 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

Sadly, there are a number of IFB churches where folks do this...

#4 heartstrings

heartstrings

He shall feed his flock like a shepherd....

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,354 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

I used to see the shouting, raising hands and plenty of running in my IFB church many times but must confess, I never saw someone do somersaults or dive into a baptistery before. :wow:

#5 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

Waiting patiently (ahem) for grandchildren...

• Moderators
  • 17,865 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

I've always wondered, whenever I see this kind of stuff (and, yes, it can be funny) - where is the edification?  How does running up and down the aisles glorify God?  Somersaulting anywhere, let alone into a baptistry (first time I've seen that one done, too)?  I don't have a problem with the shouting and raising of hands.  But the rest smacks of disorder, as salyan observed.

#6 OLD fashioned preacher

OLD fashioned preacher

Termite in a yoyo

• Moderators
  • 1,925 posts
Excellent
  • Locationunder a rock, but crawl out occasionally

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

That was a while ago! Not sure where it is, but here's a link to the video on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=CLmjVDQMQUs

That is one of the most hilarious videos I've ever seen, but, really what do they think they're doing? Was it staged for the video? They can't really be that crazy there, can they - it's the exact opposite of 'decently and in order'.  :bigshock:

If they don't run into things (or the baptistry), wouldn't that be "decently"? If they take turns, wouldn't that be "in order"?  :D

My kids accused me of not having tact and diplomacy. I told them "I've plenty of things tacked to the wall and I went to high school and got a diploma, see -- therefore I have tacked and diplomasee."   :drool:

#7 BroMatt

BroMatt

Big Stick Wielder

• Administrators
  • 7,579 posts
Excellent
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Leave my church alone.   :bleh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500