Photo

Billy Graham

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

Waiting patiently (ahem) for grandchildren...

• Moderators
  • 17,869 posts
Excellent

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

No, I didn't watch it. We don't have tv, but even if we did, we were at church.  

#22 JerryNumbers

JerryNumbers

Life is about Jesus, not self

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

Did anyone watch the Billy Graham special last night?

I noticed it was on TBN at 7:30 central time but wasn't going to rearrange everyones plans just to catch that. Then I saw that it was on Fox News at 9:00 and decided to watch it then. Fox News aired it during Hannity's show time, giving commercial free airing of it. The Billy Graham program only lasted a half hour, and then Hannity had James Dobson, Loren Green and one of Billy's grandsons on discussing the show and Billy for a half hour.

Originally I had thought the Graham special was supposed to be a hour long program so I was somewhat disappointed to learn it was only a half hour program. As I watched the program I found myself both disappointed by some aspects of the program and finding some things better than I had expected.

It was good to hear the KJB quoted throughout the program, but then I found it odd that when they showed John 3:16 on the screen they didn't show it in the KJB. (Even during the discussion after the show I heard the KJB quoted)

Anyway, I'll stop for now, I would like to hear what anyone who may have watched this thought about it.

No, did not watch, & did not care to watch, he yokes up with anyone & everyone, & I've already told what happens when he has an invitation. He leads to many astray.

#23 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 61,044 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

I'm glad I did manage to catch that later airing of the show on Fox News. It seems a fairly large amount of people watched that program and having seen it myself it's given me open doors to either share the Gospel, elaborate on some points, invite some to our church so they may hear the Word clearly preached, share with them that "yes, that was the KJB they were quoting from in the program" and help them find certain verses, etc.

If nothing else, it seems that program has some people talking about these things and looking for further direction.

#24 ASongOfDegrees

ASongOfDegrees

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:17 AM

I noticed it was on but didn't watch it. I figure the show would just end up being Hannity trying to convince us that the Republican Party is the gospel incarnate. 

#25 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 61,044 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:32 AM

I noticed it was on but didn't watch it. I figure the show would just end up being Hannity trying to convince us that the Republican Party is the gospel incarnate. 

There were a couple points, and this was only after the special, that Hannity seemed as if he might turn political, but thankfully he didn't. I watched to see the special, but I did end up watching the half hour with Hannity and his guests. They played a couple clips of an interview Hannity did with Billy in or around 2005, and they discussed a few things about the program, and Billy. Not a lot of meat in their discussion, but I really wasn't expecting anything profound to come from their discussion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500