#2 ASongOfDegrees

ASongOfDegrees

Super Contributor

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

Maybe the police should have allowed him to run into the fire and die also?

#3 OLD fashioned preacher

OLD fashioned preacher

Termite in a yoyo

• Moderators
  • 1,846 posts
Excellent
  • Locationunder a rock, but crawl out occasionally

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

Maybe the police should have allowed him to run into the fire and die also?

Yes!

They should (as should laws) seek to protect an individual from danger posed by another individual --- BUT NOT seek to protect them from themselves!!!!!

If I'm willing to risk my life attempting to save a family member or even a stranger -- that's MY business!!

And no, they shouldn't be subject to a law suit if I die trying --- THAT is probably the real reason they stop you from trying, the possibility of a suit - not the danger to you.

#4 John81

John81

Running to Win

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,533 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

Yes!

They should (as should laws) seek to protect an individual from danger posed by another individual --- BUT NOT seek to protect them from themselves!!!!!

If I'm willing to risk my life attempting to save a family member or even a stranger -- that's MY business!!

:clapping:  :amen:

#5 Arbo

Arbo

Unwelcome, so Done.

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

The lawyers will be all over this like vultures on a carcass.

#6 OLD fashioned preacher

OLD fashioned preacher

Termite in a yoyo

• Moderators
  • 1,846 posts
Excellent
  • Locationunder a rock, but crawl out occasionally

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

If the man was allowed in and died, the vultures (ambulance chasers) would still congregate.

There is a legitimate need for lawyers but we have WAY too many of them.

#7 ASongOfDegrees

ASongOfDegrees

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

Yes!

And no, they shouldn't be subject to a law suit if I die trying --- THAT is probably the real reason they stop you from trying, the possibility of a suit - not the danger to you.

It's the police's job to protect everyone. Especially if they become irrational. It's their moral responsibility to save lives not to protect your right to run back into a fire. 

You statement about the police not protecting people from themselves is ludicrous. I'm surprised as a preacher you would make such a silly statement. I suppose the police can't stop a man from committing suicide by your reasoning. 

Should the police have just let everyone do whatever they wanted in this case? How 'bout if the whole family wanted to run into the house after the child? Should they have allowed that? Especially if it's obvious that it's too late to save the child. I don't think it works that way. If it did then why even bother with the police at all. For them to stun him it must have been a hopeless situation that would have only needlessly gotten him killed too.

I would knock someone out if they tried going back into a home to save someone when it was obvious the person was beyond saving and I bet there's no way you'd allow one of your members of your church do the same in a hopeless situation. 

Edited by ASongOfDegrees, 09 November 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#8 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 59,533 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

John 15:13

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

#9 JerryNumbers

JerryNumbers

Life is about Jesus, not self

• 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

John 15:13

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Some people take after our government & think they know what is best for everyone, for its been doing that for many years now.

If that policeman had been at the scenes of many accidents that has happened there would be many more people dead, & not saved, because he would have stopped them in their tracks from risking their life to save others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500