1 Tim. 1:15

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,415 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

You've heard the old adage..."The proof's in the pudding?" 

Israel went spiritually from here...
Genesis 22:17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

...to here...
Judges 10
13 Yet ye have forsaken me, and served other gods: wherefore I will deliver you no more.
14 Go and cry unto the gods which ye have chosen; let them deliver you in the time of your tribulation.

The nation, Israel as a whole, (God's people) repeated their idolatry and apostasy time and again. God never stopped loving Israel however, he took his hand of benevolence away. They cried (prayed) for deliverence but, God needed to prove them through action. They caloused their knees; it was now time to calous their hands and feet. They are left to prove the sincerity of their repentence, before God once again will bless them.

The United States, as a whole, (including Christ's people) repeated their idolatry and apostasy time and again. God is waiting for us to prove the sincerity of our repentence. Further obeisance to the gods about us is not in accordance with God. Not only do we have to throw down the alter but we have to also burn the groves. I wonder if God takes physical action when his own people will not? Are you ready to get your hands and feet caloused for Christ?

Judges 2:21-23   
21 I also will not henceforth drive out any from before them of the nations which Joshua left when he died: 
22 That through them I may prove Israel, whether they will keep the way of the LORD to walk therein, as their fathers did keep it, or not. 
23 Therefore the LORD left those nations, without driving them out hastily; neither delivered he them into the hand of Joshua.

I've heard people say, "I'm praying for God to deliver America; don't you have any faith."  All I can say to that is, I pray and my faith is in the Rock; What's in your pudding friend? 

#2 John81

John81

Running to Win

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,349 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

America and Israel are not the same and both were under different covenants. Whether by the New Covenant or the Constitution, the casting down of altars and burning of groves (which in modern language would be doing the like to false religion churches and "holy sites") is not what we are called to and is unconstitutional and illegal.

As with the Apostles, our calling is to so spread the Gospel and make disciples (yes, always with much prayer) so that the false religionists turn from them and they are no more. Even the lost, anti-Christian blacksmith mentioned in Scripture pointed out how the spreading of the Gospel was putting their false religion, and thus their jobs making idols, at risk for diminishing and destruction.

Getting our "hands and feet caloused for Christ" means taking the Gospel to the lost wherever they may be; in the inner city, in the parks, in the cities, small towns and into the countryside. It means taking the time to disciple the new Christians and those yet babes in Christ. In means supporting, and where possible participating, in missionary efforts in our own country, soul winning and witnessing, and actually living our lives so others see the love of Christ in us, see that we walk in accord with His Word, that our speech is with grace and love. It also means we need to be willing to also have calloused knees as we spend more and more time in earnest, fervent prayer. It means being willing to truly fast biblically, if God calls us to such, as often as He calls us to it.

Men of God who saw great revivals through their ministry often cited a handful of dedicated prayer warriors for the success of their evangelism. Also often cited were those "common Christians" (we often call the laity) who went forth before, during and after evangelistic services, events and meetings, sharing the Gospel and discipling the new believers.

We can do nothing of our own, but we can do all things through Christ. I've seen this proven true many times in my life. I've witnessed many lifelong Catholics eyes opened to the truth and born again in Christ; I've seen many street toughs in the inner city drop their heads in shame and shed many tears as the Gospel pierced their hearts; I've seen many hardened criminals, some who had been such for many decades, break down at the realization they were great sinners in need of mercy. All of these things through Christ, not of ourselves.

#3 "I am chief"

"I am chief"

1 Tim. 1:15

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,415 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

God is the same God who deals with nations the same way and has expected his people to respond in very similar ways throughout the Bible. Throughout all the great revivals...God moved when he moved men to get up off their seat and go...there is no exception. Pray and get up and get callouses where God intended you to have them doing what God intended.

#4 John81

John81

Running to Win

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,349 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

Indeed, God's method is to go forth sharing the Gospel of Christ, making disciples, and doing all this through much prayer and in His power, not our own.

Most folks here on OB seem to be engaged in such.

We (as a church and as families and individuals) are active not only in our local community, but in many other area communities, extending into two nearby states. We actively support a Christian center that helps women in need, especially those with child. Also a Christian home which helps those mentally and physically handicapped. We have missionaries to the Japanese in LA, as well as supporting those in Asia, the Middle East, Mexico, India and the Philippines where we have established a solid relationship with a local pastor and his church which means much more help gets through and to those who truly need it. We recently started a new weeknight study group, which meets at the church, with over two dozen signed up. So far the study has been great as we help one another to grow in the Lord and turn what we learn into action.

Much more could be said, but from what I've read here it seems most folks here are involved much the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500