JerryNumbers

Life is about Jesus, not self

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

Andrea Lewis, 54, is charged with 3 counts of transportation of a minor with intent to engage in illegal sexual activity.

Lewis is pastor of Act on Faith Ministries, a nondenominational church located in the 2100 block of Hollywood Avenue. He indicted on Wednesday, and arrested early Thursday morning at his home in the 6200 block of Snowden Drive in the Mooretown neighborhood.

According to the indictment, Lewis took 3 different girls under the age of 18 out of Shreveport and into Texas for the purpose of having sex with each of them between January 1994 and December 2000.

:( 

#2 allen32

allen32

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

Andrea Lewis, 54, is charged with 3 counts of transportation of a minor with intent to engage in illegal sexual activity.

Lewis is pastor of Act on Faith Ministries, a nondenominational church located in the 2100 block of Hollywood Avenue. He indicted on Wednesday, and arrested early Thursday morning at his home in the 6200 block of Snowden Drive in the Mooretown neighborhood.

According to the indictment, Lewis took 3 different girls under the age of 18 out of Shreveport and into Texas for the purpose of having sex with each of them between January 1994 and December 2000.

:( 

he not saved he sick. 

#3 swathdiver

swathdiver

Surrendered

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
Excellent
  • LocationTreasure Coast

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

he not saved he sick. 

Maybe so, maybe not.  Paul and David were murderers.

If guilty, he should swing from the gallows.

#4 JerryNumbers

JerryNumbers

• 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

Sad what he did, yet I cannot judge if he is saved or not, I can say he did not act like a saved person should.

It sure does not help the name of Jesus nor His people nor help them do the work their Lord has given them.

#5 allen32

allen32

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

Sad what he did, yet I cannot judge if he is saved or not, I can say he did not act like a saved person should.

It sure does not help the name of Jesus nor His people nor help them do the work their Lord has given them.

if your save the holy ghost will be in you so i don't see how someone can do that. i'm not judge him i just don't see how he can be saved that all 

#6 Invicta

Invicta

Super Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts
Excellent
  • LocationWhitstable, Kent, England

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

Forgive me if I am incorrect, but I don't believe he has been found guilty yet.

#7 ASongOfDegrees

ASongOfDegrees

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

How did this man remain a pastor? Did the church not know about his past?

#8 ASongOfDegrees

ASongOfDegrees

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

I'm usually the first to give someone the benefit of the doubt but it doesn't sound to good here. Unless he has a church full of conniving teens he's probably guilty.

Edited by ASongOfDegrees, 27 November 2013 - 02:16 AM.

#9 JerryNumbers

JerryNumbers

• 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

Right, by our law innocent until proven guilty.

#10 JerryNumbers

JerryNumbers

• 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

I'm usually the first to give someone the benefit of the doubt but it doesn't sound to good here. Unless you have a church full of conniving teens he's probably guilty.

We do know there's been people before accused by one or more who has been found innocent, & falsely accused yet to us looked very guilty.

So he deserves his day in court.

Yet it looks bad, & looks as if he just might be guilty from reading this along with other things that he was supposed to have done in the past at this same church. Yet there's no way I could judge him saved or lost even though he may be found guilty & that would make him look like a lost man.

I cannot imagine who a many can do such things, & or as others kill them, that's beyond my thoughts.

#11 Standing Firm In Christ

Standing Firm In Christ

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,434 posts
Excellent
  • LocationSee Bio

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:57 AM

1 Corinthians 6:9 (KJV) 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1 Corinthians 6:10 (KJV) 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19 (KJV) 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Galatians 5:20 (KJV) 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Galatians 5:21 (KJV) 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Hebrews 13:4 (KJV) 4 Marriage [is] honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

If the man is guilty of the sins he has been charged with, then unless there is repentance, he will not enter into the joys of the Lord.

#12 JerryNumbers

JerryNumbers

• 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

There you go seemly saying if a man is saved & he sins he loses his salvation.

The thing is once we are saved God is the one who keeps us saved, we can't do it our self. If we did we would be full of pride having something to boast about in that day.

Joh 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Joh 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Joh 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand

2Ti 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

1Pe 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

#13 Standing Firm In Christ

Standing Firm In Christ

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,434 posts
Excellent
  • LocationSee Bio

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

No Jerry, I do not believe one who is saved can lose his Salvation.

Something for you to ponder... 

Perhaps he was never saved.

The Bible tells us we shall know the tree by the fruit it bears.  The Shreveport pastor has been bearing the fruit of fornication for the last several years.  I highly doubt he was ever saved. 

#14 Miss Daisy

Miss Daisy

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
Excellent
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

Sounds pretty guilty to me! Charges going back to 1994! Raping children 8 years old and taping it on his cellphone! All girls choir? Come on! The all girls choir isn't really that big a red flag, unless he never let another adult woman along with the girls on these trips. I find it hard to believe he could be saved also. Fornication with another consenting adult is one sin, but RAPING AND RECORDING OF A CHILD, charges going back to 1994 all of the same pattern of a PEDOPHILE has got to be a sin of another color. Maybe I'm wrong. But when it involves hurting children it's a crime of completely different consequences in the U.S. as of today. 

Would you be willing to return and sit in his pew and hear him preach another sermon? while awaiting an official conviction?

#15 Miss Daisy

Miss Daisy

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
Excellent
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

since when is an 8 year old considered a conniving teen??

#16 Invicta

Invicta

Super Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts
Excellent
  • LocationWhitstable, Kent, England

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

Sounds pretty guilty to me! Charges going back to 1994! Raping children 8 years old and taping it on his cellphone! All girls choir? Come on! The all girls choir isn't really that big a red flag, unless he never let another adult woman along with the girls on these trips. I find it hard to believe he could be saved also. Fornication with another consenting adult is one sin, but RAPING AND RECORDING OF A CHILD, charges going back to 1994 all of the same pattern of a PEDOPHILE has got to be a sin of another color. Maybe I'm wrong. But when it involves hurting children it's a crime of completely different consequences in the U.S. as of today. 

Would you be willing to return and sit in his pew and hear him preach another sermon? while awaiting an official conviction?

He should be suspended till the verdict.

However the church should investigate and if they find he has sinned, they should act, whatever the legal verdict.  Trouble is, too many churches cover up such sins.  

#17 JerryNumbers

JerryNumbers

• 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

I'm just not going to judge someones salvation, that I leave to God, God did not give me that job, I cannot read the heart, yet God can.

#18 Standing Firm In Christ

Standing Firm In Christ

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,434 posts
Excellent
  • LocationSee Bio

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

Mark 7:21 (KJV)
For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

1 Corinthians 5:9 (KJV)
I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:

1 Corinthians 5:10 (KJV)
Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

The above two verses is why the Church should disfellowship that pastor.

1 Corinthians 6:9 (KJV) 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1 Corinthians 6:10 (KJV) 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

The above two verses reveal that that pastor is not saved. And unless he repents, he will not enter heaven

Jesus said in John 7:24 that we are to "judge righteous judgment." We will know them by the fruit they bear. What was in that pastor's heart was fornication and deceit. And it flowed from his heart and was put into action.

#19 JerryNumbers

JerryNumbers

• 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

He should be suspended till the verdict.

However the church should investigate and if they find he has sinned, they should act, whatever the legal verdict.  Trouble is, too many churches cover up such sins.  

He should not have to be suspended, he ought to step down on his own, showing respect for God & church.

Yet more than likely the church is his church, & he is the dictator & does as he pleases.

#20 JerryNumbers

JerryNumbers

• 26,276 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIn the south

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

The above two verses reveal that that pastor is not saved. And unless he repents, he will not enter heaven

Jesus said in John 7:24 that we are to "judge righteous judgment." We will know them by the fruit they bear. What was in that pastor's heart was fornication and deceit. And it flowed from his heart and was put into action.

The verses do not prove anyone saved are not saved.

That is true, yet we cannot read the heart, Jesus can, so we should leave judging a person lost or saved to Him & Him only. 

Ps 44:21 Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

No, we cannot know the heart of man, so we should leave judging salvation up to Him. But when it comes to say approving of a pastor, if their fruit was like this mans we would know not to approve of him.

And of couse if we had some one in our church living such a life it woudl probably be time to follow what Paul stated in these verse.

1Co 5:1 ¶ It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
1Co 5:2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
1Co 5:3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
1Co 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
1Co 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
1Co 5:7 ¶ Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
1Co 5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
1Co 5:9 ¶ I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
1Co 5:10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Yet in doing that we would not be judging salvation, we would just be following instructions..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500