17 posts in this topic

Posted

Haven't seen snow in eight years now... Except in pictures. Beginning to think snow is a myth and the pictures have all been photoshopped. LOL

Posted

Already had the skis out.

Posted

I'm praying we have no snow for awhile. The latest winter storms made us cold but the snow missed us. I have to do some driving Monday and would like to have good, clear, safe driving conditions.

Posted

Snow is nothing and does not slow you down too much. It is the ice that gets in the way and that is when the chains go on the tires.

Posted

I'm praying we have no snow for awhile. The latest winter storms made us cold but the snow missed us. I have to do some driving Monday and would like to have good, clear, safe driving conditions.

Someone must have been praying for the last eight years here.  No snow in that long. 

Have had tornadoes in all the surrounding towns, (closest town just a mile from our house.  It gets at least 3 tornadoes a year.  Hardly any major damage though)  But no tornadoes closer than a mile from us.  

God is good! 

Posted

Someone must have been praying for the last eight years here.  No snow in that long. 

Have had tornadoes in all the surrounding towns, (closest town just a mile from our house.  It gets at least 3 tornadoes a year.  Hardly any major damage though)  But no tornadoes closer than a mile from us.  

God is good! 

Praise God He has protected us both from tornados!

Perhaps you need to move to far northern Mississippi if you want to see snow.

Posted

Praise God He has protected us both from tornados!

Perhaps you need to move to far northern Mississippi if you want to see snow.

Nah... I'll just continue to live with the dream that it doesn't exist.  LOL

Posted

Nah... I'll just continue to live with the dream that it doesn't exist.  LOL

Sounds like a good solution!

Posted

I thought so too.  LOL

Posted

Just had snow last night-only two inches, but bitterly cold. My parents an hour away had six inches in Reno, NV. Its actually pretty early for us to have such cold and any snow this soon here in the high desert. Praise God my new baby goats are surviving the cold. Supposed to start creeping up back out of the freezing temps during the day through next week.

Posted

There must be a law against snow here. LOL

Posted

(Shakes head) Come on up! We have a couple feet standing now, and plenty of nice wind chills to keep you nice and... cold. Half of Alberta's been under wind chill warnings for two days running (extreme wind chills today), and my home county was apparently the coldest place in the world last night. (It was only -41 up here.) If you really want it, come and get it! :frog:

Posted

Salyan,

There ain't a jealous bone in my body.  LOL

While at times I do miss seeing the snow, I don't miss it enough to go traipsing all over the world just to see it.  LOL

Now, if you want to email me some, ...well, that's another story altogether.

Miss Daisy likes this

Posted

Ain't seen snow here since 1977. 

Posted

Ain't seen snow here since 1977. 

Maybe you aren't looking hard enough...

Posted

The 2-3 inches of snow we have doesn't bother me (if anything snow keeps it feeling quite as cold than frigid temps without snow) it's the -3º F with -15º F wind chill that's rough.

Posted

A few years ago when I lived in Louisiana I decided to bring my boyfriend at the time (New Orleans) home for Christmas (northern Illinois) so he could see some real snow and have a white Christmas. Believe it or not, it actually snowed in New Orleans, it was on national news, but no snow at all here!