2 replies to this topic

#1 tarbox7

tarbox7

• Members
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

COMMENTARY BY MILTON LOPEZ DELGADO

Another year has come gone. The frantic shopping frenzy and stampedes for the best bargains in the stores are over. We must, however, do what we must to keep: "The True Spirit of Christmas" alive in our hearts and minds every day instead of just once a year. Sadly, and perhaps to the dismay of many believers, people have once again decorated their homes, gardens, decks, and porches displaying the wanders of the Holiday Season and the Radio Stations aired all the traditional holidays songs we've heard over and over again, most of which about fictional stories and imaginary characters that have nothing to do with the true meaning of Christmas whatsoever. The one I loath the most is the one about Grand Ma getting run over by you know what. There's nothing wrong with these traditions, however, when the "'Manager Scene" is left out of the mix, in my opinion: Everything else becomes null, void, and just plain meaningless! Just a total waste of time and effort! You can be asssured, however, that santa and his reindeer took center stage along with all the other imaginary characters and noveltie shows: Frosty, Rudolph, Micky Mouse, The Grinch, The Ginger Bread Man, trees with multicolored lights, Little Toy Trains, Candy Canes; and all the other useless distractions society has imposed on us to replace who really matters at Christmas. The Spirit of Christmas is Jesus not Santa. How we allowed society to reverse the order is beyond me. Shame on us! What do any of these ficticious characters and things have to do with the true meaning of Christmas anyway? My answer: NOTHING WHATSOEVER! An overweight bearded man wearing a red suit has replaced: "The Baby Jesus". We've all been duped especially our children into thinking that he actually comes down a chimney and brings them gifts. What a crock! Just like the stupid bunny rabbit has replaced: Easter! How pathetic is that? Take your own poll: Who do Children relate to on Christmas and Easter? Santa and a Bunny Rabbit or Our Lord And Savior Jesus Christ and His Ascension? You know the answer without taking a poll. Isn't time we believers start speaking out and educating the masses about what and who Christmas is only about? The song I'm sending you is entitled: "Great Love"; it reminds us of exactly that! It is my hope and prayer that you will take the time to listen; pay special attention to the lyrics; and afterwards, join me in passing-on the truth about Christmas and discard everything else...share the message with family, friends and anyone else you can reach. It's our duty as believers! It's high time we get back to celebrating: The Birth of Our Lord And Savior Jesus Christ; not only on December 25th, but throughout the year! Thank you and God Bless!

Milton Lopez Delgado

miltonandwanda@verizon.net

(570) 848-1682

http://www.qfpost.co...e/d?g=fRWs3eI5q

#2 MountainChristian

MountainChristian

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
Excellent
  • LocationMountains of North Carolina

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

December 25, is a fable. We know it was warm weather the shepherds was sleeping outside at night. The Catholics was fighting the pagan winter festivals so they hatched up this day as His birth. They was smart enough to make it a mass or meal as in Luke 22:19. Saying "merry Christmas" is the same as saying "happy Lord's supper". Today we are so stupid we put on manager shows, that is not what Jesus said to do in remembrance of Him. The pagan's loved to celebrate the birth, that really helped in starting this "Holyday". We can't put Jesus birth into a special day because when He was preaching He never told us to do that. The apostles never taught us it was a special celebration to be honored each year. Its not like Sunday, we know He arose on that day. In the end if we want to honor Jesus we should keep his commandments and love the brethren.

#3 Salyan

Salyan

Super Contributor

• Moderators
  • 3,233 posts
Excellent
  • LocationSP AB CA

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

Where in the Bible does it say the shepherds were sleeping?  :frog:

Do I think December 25 is the actual day of Christ's birth? Not really. What I do know is that we don't know when it actually was. So if a person chooses to remember His first coming on December 25, they have the liberty to do so.  Just as you have the liberty to not. What we do not have the liberty to do, however, is judge others for choosing to celebrate that day.

"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:" Col. 2:16

What if those that celebrate Christmas are wrong - like really wrong - and God does not like their celebration of that day? He will take care of it.

"Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand." Rom. 14:4

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Christmas, Jesus Chrst, Celebration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500