Photo

Welcome To The South Facts

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 heartstrings

heartstrings

He shall feed his flock like a shepherd....

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

Maybe Ezekiel was a Southerner too......

Eze 42:12

And according to the doors of the chambers that were toward the south was a door in the head of the way, even the way directly before the wall toward the east, as one entereth into them.

#22 heartstrings

heartstrings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

....and we eat Biblical meals :hungry:  :th_eatingcookies:

Jhn 12:2

There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him.

#23 No Nicolaitans

No Nicolaitans

♫ The B-I-B-L-E...yes, that's the book for me. ♫

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

We also speak scripturally........

:thumb:

Acts 4:10
Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

#24 heartstrings

heartstrings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:52 PM

There you go, brother :)

#25 2bLikeJesus

2bLikeJesus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
Excellent
  • LocationRoseburg, OR

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

All I know is that there is no way Paul could have been from Texas.

Philippians 4:11 (KJV

11  Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.   

No Texan's is ever content to be in any other state.

#26 2bLikeJesus

2bLikeJesus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
Excellent
  • LocationRoseburg, OR

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:32 PM

It's too bad there was too much southern in Samson.  Case in point:  

Judges 14:17-18 (KJV)
17  And she wept before him the seven days, while their feast lasted: and it came to pass on the seventh day, that he told her, because she lay sore upon him: and she told the riddle to the children of her people.
18  And the men of the city said unto him on the seventh day before the sun went down, What is sweeter than honey? and what is stronger than a lion? And he said unto them, If ye had not plowed with my heifer, ye had not found out my riddle. 

A thus began the derogatory term for a woman as being called a "cow".  Bet you ladies didn't know that that was thousands of years old.   

#27 OLD fashioned preacher

OLD fashioned preacher

Termite in a yoyo

• Moderators
  • 1,923 posts
Excellent
  • Locationunder a rock, but crawl out occasionally

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:14 PM

All I know is that there is no way Paul could have been from Texas.

Philippians 4:11 (KJV

11  Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.   

No Texan's is ever content to be in any other state.

Just remember that if Alaska was divided in half, Texas would no longer be the 2nd largest state --- but the THIRD largest      :bleh:

#28 OLD fashioned preacher

OLD fashioned preacher

Termite in a yoyo

• Moderators
  • 1,923 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:16 PM

It's too bad there was too much southern in Samson.  Case in point:  

Judges 14:17-18 (KJV)
17  And she wept before him the seven days, while their feast lasted: and it came to pass on the seventh day, that he told her, because she lay sore upon him: and she told the riddle to the children of her people.
18  And the men of the city said unto him on the seventh day before the sun went down, What is sweeter than honey? and what is stronger than a lion? And he said unto them, If ye had not plowed with my heifer, ye had not found out my riddle. 

A thus began the derogatory term for a woman as being called a "cow".  Bet you ladies didn't know that that was thousands of years old.   

Not so --- she's ain't a cow until she's calved.    Now, why didn't that make it better?????

#29 paid4

paid4

• PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Excellent
  • LocationJohnston County NC

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

Don't forget NASCAR was born in the south.

It used to stand for Non Atheletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks before Toyota entered in.

That's just wrong. I should get a whoopin' for that.

How many of you have ever been Snipe Hunting?

That's how I used to break up with girlfriends.....take 'em snipe huntin'.

Don't confuse them snipe with the state bird of NC.....the mosquito.

Smile...God loves you   :D

#30 2bLikeJesus

2bLikeJesus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
Excellent
  • LocationRoseburg, OR

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

You are not lying about the mosquitoes in N.C.  I was stationed at Camp Lejeune there, and found there are two types of mosquitoes there; the ones that fly right through a screen door, and the ones that stop and open it first. 

#31 candlelight

candlelight

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

My hubby is a southern boy at heart.  He uses the word supper and calls pop, "soda."  I have been saying soda for years b/c of him.  Supper has been rubbing off on me, too.   :wink    I hear the word "reckon" from the black Christians in my area.  Also, my church is considered a partial hillbilly church.  It is very down to earth big Biblical words are mispronounced by my pastor sometimes.  He always asked me to correct him, even when he was the assistant pastor, but I never have.  His dad's roots (my first pastor) are in West Virginia.

When we move down to southeastern, OH we will be getting closer to the south.  The church is located in WV, as of now.  Lots of great people in that area. 

Edited by candlelight, 13 May 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#32 prophet1

prophet1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

I live in Georgia, and I can attest to the truth of the OP!

One thing that I've noticed in my area...a lot of folks add an "s" on the end of the names of businesses that don't end with an "s". Such as...

I bought this at Walmarts.

Heard a sermon once against making Bart Simpsons your hero.

Anishinaabe

#33 prophet1

prophet1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

You are not lying about the mosquitoes in N.C. I was stationed at Camp Lejeune there, and found there are two types of mosquitoes there; the ones that fly right through a screen door, and the ones that stop and open it first.

Semper Fi.

Anishinaabe

#34 heartstrings

heartstrings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

You are not lying about the mosquitoes in N.C.  I was stationed at Camp Lejeune there, and found there are two types of mosquitoes there; the ones that fly right through a screen door, and the ones that stop and open it first. 

:nuts:

#35 282Mikado

282Mikado

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

I live in an odd area. We are in California, though the most conservative part, in the NE. Our town was built around an Army depot in WW2, and a lot of people came from the south to work here, so it has a somewhat southern flavor to it. On one side of the valley we have Skedaddle Mnt, the other side, Saddleback, (no, not the Rick Warren one). One ares of our town is called Oakie Flats. We often give directions areoun that area using the "Big Ugly Rock" as a major landmark, (we're mostly sand, so a big rock is rare. Its actually an old coral formation from when this entire valley was the northern tip of Lake Lahontan, an ancient inland sea, probably a remnant of the eaters receeding from the flood). While there was, in the old days, a large black community, and the whites and blacks worked together, ate together, kids played together, and they all fellowshipped together as equals, even before the civil rights movement.

Sadly, we have gone from a town of 5,000 to maybe 800 today, with the military leaving. The depot is still open but all civilians, like me, working there. We are a shadow of what we once were.

"I live in an odd area. We are in California"

You do realize you could have stopped your post right there..., right?

#36 Miss Daisy

Miss Daisy

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
Excellent
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

to you southerners: what is fatback? what's it made of? my black friend was over here yesterday and she was talking about how she missed fatback and turkey wings. She said it was like bacon but didn't know for sure. Then we called walmart see if they sold it, they do but never know when they get it in. I know what chitlins are now and will never eat them! I lived down south and my ex- fiancé always told everyone I was from Illinoise. :)

Edited by Miss Daisy, 13 May 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#37 heartstrings

heartstrings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

I've lived here all my life and never ate chitlins or possum. We have eaten "cracklins" which are a snack food consisting basically of deep fried "fatback" I think...and cracklin bread is cracklins mixed into fried corn bread.

#38 ThePilgrim

ThePilgrim

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
Excellent
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:15 PM

Though some of them ain't got no great voices, they shore kin make great music.

God bless,

Larry

Edited by ThePilgrim, 13 May 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#39 heartstrings

heartstrings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

#40 OLD fashioned preacher

OLD fashioned preacher

Termite in a yoyo

• Moderators
  • 1,923 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

to you southerners: what is fatback? what's it made of? my black friend was over here yesterday and she was talking about how she missed fatback and turkey wings. She said it was like bacon but didn't know for sure. Then we called walmart see if they sold it, they do but never know when they get it in. I know what chitlins are now and will never eat them! I lived down south and my ex- fiancé always told everyone I was from Illinoise. :)

When butchering a hog, the fatty layer along the backbone from just behind the neck to just shy of the loins. You remove from the skin for rendering the fat into lard, keep attached to the tissue and muscle along the back for "slab bacon", keep attached to the skin but not the meat for pork rinds.

Fatback is great seasoning when cooked in with your peas (blackeyes, crowders, zippers, etc), pork rinds can be made into cracklins for cornbread.

BTW: I don't like possum, but BBQ coon is good (armadillo makes good chili meat).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500