#41 "I am chief"

"I am chief"

1 Tim. 1:15

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,424 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

1 Timothy 1:15 has always been a favorite verse for me and I claimed it for two reasons (1) It reminds me of my position in Christ "saved by GRACE" and (2) I am a retired Navy Chief. However...you can call me Dave if you want to.

#42 Invicta

Invicta

Super Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,485 posts
Excellent
  • LocationWhitstable, Kent, England

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

I carried one of my guitars out in the pastureonce, to play for the sheep. see how they would react......it was the first time I ever had an audience walk out on me. Guess I could try my son's (auto) harp next time.

I remember when reading John Wesley's journal, he played music to horses and they seemed to like it, so he went to the zoo and played 4to the lions, if I remember correctly.

I think I might have mentioned this before sometime, but my name comes from the first two letters of each of my names. I created it a loooong time ago when I first got on the web (on a Star Trek forum, ahem) and needed a fake name. BTW, it is NOT pronounced "Sally Ann".  :umno:

I used to work with a girl called "Salyan" but she did pronounce it Sally Anne.  When she started she was a Gothic Punk.

Edited by Invicta, 01 February 2014 - 07:44 PM.

#43 Ukulelemike

Ukulelemike

Just a Servant

• Moderators
  • 2,529 posts
Excellent
  • LocationNE California

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

Don't hold your breath Ukelelemike.   ;)  BTW, I don't know if you knew, but most of the Von Trapp children and grandchildren are saved.  The evangelist that led me to Christ has preached in their church. 

Neat!

Good to hear they are saved, too.

#44 2bLikeJesus

2bLikeJesus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
Excellent
  • LocationRoseburg, OR

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

Just met the worlds biggest Geek.  He is such a computer nerd he named his children; Earl BUT spelled Url, 2nd son Rom, and his daughter Eula.

#45 Pastor Scott Markle

Pastor Scott Markle

Abiding in Christ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
Excellent
  • LocationMelvin, MI

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

Well, I do not usually join in the more conversational threads; but I decided to join in this one.

I am simply who I am, and what the Lord our God by His abundant grace and mercy called me to be in service to Him.  (In addition, name recognition it a little bit important when you author books, so I stuck with my name.)

Concerning musical instruments, I took six years of piano lessons in High School, but absolutely hate practicing.  Thus I do not play.  However, I truly love singing; and that is my instrument of choice.  The six years of lessons were not a waste for me since they laid down a good foundation in musical understanding.

Just my little contribution to the conversation.

#46 DaveW

DaveW

Resident Aussie and general dumb bloke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts
Excellent
  • LocationI'm a West Aussie

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

I had a year of guitar at primary school, but was so bull headed I would not do what the teacher said. I am sure he gave me up as a lost cause.

Years later after I got saved and I was about 20, a Christian friend who was super enthusiastic got me pick up my guitar again so we could play and sing together.
So I am basically self taught.
I can follow music rather than read it.

My strangest user name was "DaveW Preggy Surf"
The story that goes along with that is convoluted and long.
I had a 4x4 van - a toyota tarago.
There was a website for japanese import toyota forerunners (wagon version of the hilux if that helps). In Japan they were called "Toyota Surf".
Well my van was also a jap import, and also stickered as a "Surf".

When I joined the Surf website looking for advice and help, one of the guys said my van looked like a "Pregnant Surf" because it had a bulgy front instead of a hood - and it kinda stuck.
So they called my car the Preggy Surf, and one of the mods added it to my username.....

I used that on the surf site, the old US "Toyotavans" site, the UK "Townace" site, and a couple of 4x4 sites - but I only visit the 4x4 sites now, and since I no longer have the van I don't use the name.

Told you it was convoluted. :lol:

#47 Salyan

Salyan

Super Contributor

• Moderators
  • 3,326 posts
Excellent
  • LocationSP AB CA

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:07 AM

Don't hold your breath Ukelelemike. ;) BTW, I don't know if you knew, but most of the Von Trapp children and grandchildren are saved. The evangelist that led me to Christ has preached in their church.

Really? But weren't they Catholic? I've got their biography somewhere ...

#48 candlelight

candlelight

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:11 AM

Really? But weren't they Catholic? I've got their biography somewhere ...

Yes, they were Catholic Salyan.  They reside in Vermont and have a ski resort.  They are IFB and belong to a church in Vermont.

#49 Salyan

Salyan

Super Contributor

• Moderators
  • 3,326 posts
Excellent
  • LocationSP AB CA

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

I guess the biography was written before their conversion. That's cool!

#50 allen32

allen32

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

i just use my middle name allen and add number to it because there was a allen i can't play or sing so i don't i'm tune death 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500