Photo

When Marijuana Becomes Legal In Your State...

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#21 OLD fashioned preacher

OLD fashioned preacher

Termite in a yoyo

• Moderators
  • 1,925 posts
Excellent
  • Locationunder a rock, but crawl out occasionally

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

Is it a weed (result of the fall) or an herb (something for "meat")? I don't see people rushing to defend poison ivy.

#22 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

Waiting patiently (ahem) for grandchildren...

• Moderators
  • 17,871 posts
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

It is considered an herb. Even were it a weed, there are weeds that have uses. Nettle and clover make teas for various purposes. Etc. (Users often call it weed...at least that was one nickname when I was a teen)

#23 OLD fashioned preacher

OLD fashioned preacher

Termite in a yoyo

• Moderators
  • 1,925 posts
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

Does it have a use? Sure, manila line. If you need something to artificially alter your mood or attitude then you have a problem -- address the problem, not artificially cover it up. 

#24 Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Resident Liberal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • LocationChicago suburbs

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

Does it have a use? Sure, manila line. If you need something to artificially alter your mood or attitude then you have a problem -- address the problem, not artificially cover it up.

Are you one of those guys who go to the dentist and don't use novacane? Did you ever have to use pain meds for an operation of some sort? If you have used any of the drugs, then you are being hypocritical in your assessment of marijauna. No body is advocating recreational use,but only in the area of pain management

#25 LindaR

LindaR

Super Contributor

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

When I was managing a leased plant and flower shop in Target in the 80s, we sold a plant called a "False Aralia" that looked like a marijuana plant.  Sometimes people would ask if we were selling "pot".

false-aralia-1.jpg

#26 OLD fashioned preacher

OLD fashioned preacher

Termite in a yoyo

• Moderators
  • 1,925 posts
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

Are you one of those guys who go to the dentist and don't use novacane? Did you ever have to use pain meds for an operation of some sort? If you have used any of the drugs, then you are being hypocritical in your assessment of marijauna. No body is advocating recreational use,but only in the area of pain management

First: I have had 3 surgeries and used far less pain meds than prescribed and NONE that would cause me to not be in control of my faculties.

Second: It was mentioned about legalizing MJ (not just allowing for med) which opens up recreational use (refer to Col and Wash).

Third: I mentioned altering MOOD and/or ATTITUDE, not pain.

#27 Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Resident Liberal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

Second: It was mentioned about legalizing MJ (not just allowing for med) which opens up recreational use (refer to Col and Wash).

The states have the right to bring it to a vote, let them vote on it. I don't think God will judge over that, there are far more weightier things He would judge us over

Besides, Colorado and Washington have teams in the Super Bowl right?(that's a joke for you who don't have a sense of humor)

Funny you say that, coffee has the same effect on people, you wanna' ban that too? how about food? people eat when they are stressed or happy or when they are at a party

Edited by Jeffrey, 31 January 2014 - 09:38 PM.

#28 Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Resident Liberal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

First: I have had 3 surgeries and used far less pain meds than prescribed and NONE that would cause me to not be in control of my faculties.

Marijuana does not make you lose control of your facilities

The states have the right to bring it to a vote, let them vote on it. I don't think God will judge over that, there are far more weightier things He would judge us over

Besides, Colorado and Washington have teams in the Super Bowl right?(that's a joke for you who don't have a sense of humor)

Funny you say that, coffee has the same effect on people, you wanna' ban that too? how about food? people eat when they are stressed or happy or when they are at a party

#29 Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Resident Liberal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

I dont know how i just did that

#30 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

Waiting patiently (ahem) for grandchildren...

• Moderators
  • 17,871 posts
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

Sorry, but pot does too alter a person's mind. And it affects perception and mobility and reaction time as well, among other things. Anyone who denies that 1. Has never tried it. 2. Is lying. Or 3. Like the drunk who can stop any time, is fooling him/herself.

Coffe in NO way at all has the same effect. Not in the least bit.

#31 OLD fashioned preacher

OLD fashioned preacher

Termite in a yoyo

• Moderators
  • 1,925 posts
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

Okay, where did I say anything about whether it should be legal or not, the OP ran on the assumption that it will eventually be legal (which I foresee as the case. I said someone who uses ANYTHING for the "need" to improve their mood has a problem that needs to be corrected instead of artificially adjusting it (and that includes coffee).

As for the Super Bowl, so theat's who's playing? The Denver Donkey-ettes  and Seattle Seagulls??

#32 OLD fashioned preacher

OLD fashioned preacher

Termite in a yoyo

• Moderators
  • 1,925 posts
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

Sorry, worked with WAY too many people when they're stoned to buy that one. Of course, they think they're working just fine. They also think they can tell when someone else is high (they can) BUT that no one can tell when they are (yeah they can).

#33 Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Resident Liberal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:35 AM

Sorry, but pot does too alter a person's mind. And it affects perception and mobility and reaction time as well, among other things. Anyone who denies that 1. Has never tried it. 2. Is lying. Or 3. Like the drunk who can stop any time, is fooling him/herself.

Coffe in NO way at all has the same effect. Not in the least bit.

you ever see anyone who drinks more than 2 cups a day quit drinking coffee and try to stop, there is a withdrawal. I used to have this same argument with my old IFB deacon all the time, who drank about 40 oz of coffee a day

#34 Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Resident Liberal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

I smoked weed for years and I was never addicted to it so I know the effects of it and is not mind altering, played high school football, served in the military and I advanced in all areas, so I know it doesn't effect perception and performance

#35 Standing Firm In Christ

Standing Firm In Christ

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
Excellent
  • LocationSee Bio

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

You are only deceiving yourself.

#36 EKSmith

EKSmith

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Excellent
  • LocationCharleston S.C

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:13 AM

Growing up in the 60's i smoked marijuana with my peers got drafted into the army and saw the horrors of it on the battlefield.but to say that marijuana is harmless is foolishness because it is more dangerous than most all the other drugs,it appears to be harmless but with years of excessive use these dangers begin to show up. I have seen marijuana destroy the memories of my old friends so bad that they can not hold a job and have to live on disability and others that are in a nursing home because their not capable of taking care of their self. My brother studied pharmaceutical chemistry in college but is totally against the practices being used in it today.and that's what lead to become a herbalist.he refers to the hemp plant as an herb that has medicinal purposes but only in the extreme need of it. our sister was dying with cancer and could not eat or sleep because of the pain she was in and the doctors could no longer help her. so my brother got her some hemp and it help to ease her pain enough so she could eat an rest until the lord called her home. also if you would like to know why hemp was outlawed look it up and you'll learn how the Du Pont family had this done because of their greed and love of money.and how the public was brainwash by politicians that hemp was a drug and promoted using it as a way to get high naming it Marijuana. and now our politicians have become the largest drug dealers in the world. so to make marijuana legal as drug to get high, only adds to the sinful lust and greed bringing our nation closer to Gods Judgement........  I would have to be in favor to say No' to can God bless America anymore.    

#37 ASongOfDegrees

ASongOfDegrees

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:58 AM

I smoked loads of pot and hash in my past. Anyone who says it isn't harmful is a boldfaced liar. Anyone who claims it's never involved in crime is deceiving themselves. Anyone who thinks potheads are a bunch of easy going dudes who never hurt a fly are fools (research where the word "assassin" comes from). It's one thing to be duped into believing all this nonsense being put out by the pot lobbyists and another to have experience with using it and still keep on defending the use of it. Especially for Christians! If you want to talk abut the medical benefits then push for the drug (THC) to be made in pill form so you can't blow it around in everyone else's face (pot has just as much toxins and even more tar than cigarettes so much that we used to be able to get high just smoking the resin left in the bowl). Oh, and they've found out the the criminal element dealing in pot has not diminished since legalization in Colorado. Just like the criminal element has actually grown in Amsterdam since they "legalized".

I regret all that time wasted laying around smoking dope instead of doing something productive (weed makes you slothful).

#38 ASongOfDegrees

ASongOfDegrees

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:02 AM

I smoked weed for years and I was never addicted to it so I know the effects of it and is not mind altering, played high school football, served in the military and I advanced in all areas, so I know it doesn't effect perception and performance

You're a fool. The fact you are defending its use shows it's altered your mind.

Edited by ASongOfDegrees, 01 February 2014 - 04:09 AM.

#39 EKSmith

EKSmith

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Excellent
  • LocationCharleston S.C

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:44 AM

Another thought about hemp. hemp was once one of this nations largest crops and it still holds the record of the largest crop of over one million dollars.(at one time it was against the law not to grow hemp in a lot of states) it was use to make ropes for ships, Thomas Edison made paper from hemp. and with one acre of hemp more paper could be made from it. then what it would take years to grow enough trees to make the same amount of paper. Henry Ford built a car and the fenders and hood where made from hemp, he grew fields of it for research, and him and Edison made a fuel from hemp that ran a car.also large industry had being to make machinery of hemp far stronger than the metals we have today and farmers were using hemp as a fertilize which was all natural and did not harm the earth.and many more uses were be found for its use.  "then came along greed and it was outlawed calling it marijuana'' how much better off would we have been today......if it had not been for greed. 

#40 Standing Firm In Christ

Standing Firm In Christ

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
Excellent
  • LocationSee Bio

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:52 AM

Another thought about hemp. hemp was once one of this nations largest crops and it still holds the record of the largest crop of over one million dollars.(at one time it was against the law not to grow hemp in a lot of states) it was use to make ropes for ships, Thomas Edison made paper from hemp. and with one acre of hemp more paper could be made from it. then what it would take years to grow enough trees to make the same amount of paper. Henry Ford built a car and the fenders and hood where made from hemp, he grew fields of it for research, and him and Edison made a fuel from hemp that ran a car.also large industry had being to make machinery of hemp far stronger than the metals we have today and farmers were using hemp as a fertilize which was all natural and did not harm the earth.and many more uses were be found for its use.  "then came along greed and it was outlawed calling it marijuana'' how much better off would we have been today......if it had not been for greed. 

Which begs the question, "Did pedestrians get high from the exhaust fumes as he rode past them?"

No wonder people liked the Model T so much.  LOL

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ, 01 February 2014 - 06:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500