Christian Fellowship

60 posts in this topic

Posted

If the husband or her pastor gives the woman permission to speak, she is not usurping authority.

candlelight likes this

Posted

The Bible says a pastor is to be above reproach, yet Ruckman is an adulterer. And you defend his alleged authority to be shepherding the flock

Posted

1Tim 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.   But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.   For Adam was first formed, then Eve.   And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.   Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

My baptist background puts this in the assembly but truthfully there is not mention of an assembly here at all.

So I stand corrected on teaching in the assembly when in reality a woman is not to teach men period, on a forum or in a church.

Grace, they took him aside to "expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly."  not in order to disrupt the assembly.

:ot:

Posted

:ot:

You time proven excuse for everything. 

Good day Ms.

Posted

Notice in Timothy, Paul did not say, "God suffers not a woman to teach." Paul was speaking his personal convictions, not God's standard.

Posted

The Bible says a pastor is to be above reproach, yet Ruckman is an adulterer. And you defend his alleged authority to be shepherding the flock

I have never defended Ruckman's authority to lead a church.

Please quote your source for this false accusation.

Posted

You time proven excuse for everything. 

Good day Ms.

Sorry.  It's forum rules and etiquette.  

Posted

Notice in Timothy, Paul did not say, "God suffers not a woman to teach." Paul was speaking his personal convictions, not God's standard.

sir let us recognize that these are the Inspired words of God and not Paul's personal conviction.

Posted

This is why we have these rules.  It's starting to turn into an argument.  Please read OP and maybe we can remember why we need to fellowship?

Posted

GS is not usurping authority on the forum. The Administrator gave her permission to post when he accepted her member request.

Though you or I may disagree with some of her doctrinal beliefs, she has just as much right to post on this forum as we do.

Posted

GS is not usurping authority on the forum. The Administrator gave her permission to post when he accepted her member request.

Though you or I may disagree with some of her doctrinal beliefs, she has just as much right to post on this forum as we do.

Her or him?  That is the question of the day.  LOL!  :-)

HappyChristian and candlelight like this

Posted

She, her, great at least you knew she was a woman I did not.

and no amount of permission voids God's word.

I only wanted to know the gender so I could address the OP accordingly.  But once I realized it is a woman then I will not address it.

Now if everyone will stop so will I

Posted

sir let us recognize that these are the Inspired words of God and not Paul's personal conviction.

so when satan told Jesus to jump off the mountain, it was really God's inspired words and not the words of Jesus' enemy.

Interesting.

Posted

a Christian forum is an gathering of Christians discussing topics and we are gathered in the same virtual room called forum.  But teaching or sharing a teaching is what it is.

Just because there were no Internet at the time of Paul doesn't change that fact that this is an assembling place of believers.

And the fact that you may be a woman who has authority over men does not change the fact you are in disobedience as well.

But my main reason for asking was to be able to reply accordingly

There is no spiritual authority connected to this forum. We are not a local church, members one of another; we have no spiritual leader that answers to God for leading us and to whom we should submit.  We do not practice the ordinances, or elect church officers. Therefore, this is not an ecclesia (called out gathering) of believers as would be required to meet the qualifications and rules of a church.  Therefore, it is not disobedient to Scripture for women to share, teach (frankly, since teaching is an authoritative position, there is no real teaching going on here), or moderate this forum.

AV, it is not appropriate for you to castigate other forum members as being ineligible to share on this forum. You are welcome to share your opinions and thoughts, and so are they. But if you want to stay, you will respect the moderators' position.

Posted

What doctrines?  We'll have to start a new thread on those.  LOL!  Just kidding.  We went through enough yesterday. 

Posted

so when satan told Jesus to jump off the mountain, it was really God's inspired words and not the words of Jesus' enemy.

Interesting.

huh?  Scripture and verse for where Jesus was told to jump off a mountain?

Posted

She, her, great at least you knew she was a woman I did not.

That has still not been confirmed by me.

candlelight likes this

Posted

That has still not been confirmed by me.

Now I'm getting curious!!  :lol:

candlelight likes this

Posted (edited)

There is no spiritual authority connected to this forum. We are not a local church, members one of another; we have no spiritual leader that answers to God for leading us and to whom we should submit.  We do not practice the ordinances, or elect church officers. Therefore, this is not an ecclesia (called out gathering) of believers as would be required to meet the qualifications and rules of a church.  Therefore, it is not disobedient to Scripture for women to share, teach (frankly, since teaching is an authoritative position, there is no real teaching going on here), or moderate this forum.

AV, it is not appropriate for you to castigate other forum members as being ineligible to share on this forum. You are welcome to share your opinions and thoughts, and so are they. But if you want to stay, you will respect the moderators' position.

maybe not among men here on earth but there is of God. 

There was no personal castigation I wanted to address the OP according to whom I was speaking I do not know the person enough if I don't know their gender.  But I think it is answered already.

Edited by AVBibleBeliever

Posted (edited)

maybe not among men here on earth but there is of God. 

Tthere was no personal castigation I wanted to address the OP according to whom I was speaking I do not know the person enough if I don't know their gender.  But I think it is answered already.

If you would like to respond, you can do so according to the content of the post written and we can have a discussion, not a teaching.

Edited by GraceSaved

Posted

If you would like to respond, you can do so according to the content of the post written.

I no longer wish too.

Posted

Luke 2:38 (KJV) 38 And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

Anna the Prophetess ministered daily in the Temple, and in the verse above proclaimed to all that sought redemption that the Lord had come.

No rebuke for her teaching. Why not? Because she had been given that authority to do so.

Paul's statement to Timothy was his own personal conviction.

Posted

huh?  Scripture and verse for where Jesus was told to jump off a mountain?

Matthew 4:5 (KJV) 5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

Matthew 4:6 (KJV) 6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in [their] hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Posted (edited)

Matthew 4:5 (KJV) 5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

Matthew 4:6 (KJV) 6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in [their] hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

a pinnacle of the temple is not a mountain, sir.

In the case of the above verse it is

1. A turret, or part of a building elevated above the main building.

It is not a mountain, a pinnacle of the temple and a mountain are not the same thing.  And you claimed that Satan told him to jump off the mountain and those words are not true to the text.

Is that part of inspired text?

to cast thyself down is, but to jump off a mountain it is not.

Edited by AVBibleBeliever

Posted

Do you know what the Temple Mount refers to? The Temple was on Mount Zion. He would have been casting Himself off the mountain in the act of casting Himself off the pinnacle of the Temple.