Christians That Are Falling Easy Into This World Traps...

133 posts in this topic

Posted

Jeffery, I'd be interested in seeing the scripture reference that said Jesus drank wine on the Passover. KJV, of course.

candlelight and swathdiver like this

Posted (edited)

You have to be careful with some of the older Strongs #s because some are not coded correctly.

You have to be careful with Strong's Period because he has placed Classical Greek definitions to Koine Greek words.  The reason is  because there is no Koine Greek Dictionary and the Koine Greek documents have many variants or meanings for the same Koine Greek word.

Edited by AVBibleBeliever
wretched likes this

Posted (edited)

2 Timothy 3:16 Says that all Scripture is given by inspiration of God. Last time I checked, Proverbs was Scripture. If Proverbs is Scripture and was given by inspiration of God then to say "Solomon wrote it in Proverbs, not a thus saith the Lord." is blasphemy. And last time I checked blasphemy is sin (even if drinking isn't).

Not to get into the subject we were discussing, because people can't conduct them selves in a Christ-like manner, I was trying to convey that you don't interpret certain books of the Bible the same with other books. Meaning, you don't interpret Psalms, like you would an epistle, you wouldn't interpret Revelation like you would a Gospel. They were different literature types. Hence we wouldn't develop a ministry strictly from Proverbs, Psalms or Daniel for example.
I hope I cleared up my point Edited by Jeffrey

Posted (edited)

Not to get into the subject we were discussing, because people can't conduct them selves in a Christ-like manner, I was trying to convey that you don't interpret certain books of the Bible the same with other books. Meaning, you don't interpret Psalms, like you would an epistle, you wouldn't interpret Revelation like you would a Gospel. They were different literature types. Hence we wouldn't develop a ministry strictly from Proverbs, Psalms or Daniel for example.
I hope I cleared up my point

All scripture is interpreted the same way "literal" however we are never commanded to interpret scripture we are commanded to study and to rightly divide scripture.  Interpretation is from one language to another and that is already done in the AV from the TR and other documents.

The study of English scripture is done differently depending on the literature type which consist of Poetry, Proverbs, Parables, Narratives, Epistles and Prophecy.  In these we will find different figures of speech like Hyperboles and Allegories.

Once you identify the literature type you go into asking "who, what, when, where, why, which and how" of the scriptures.

When you have completed your your study with the seven questions, you use what you found to bring out an application for every day life situation for yourself.

Then you put it together to form a teaching/preaching.

P.S. If you reinterpret the English scriptures then it becomes a private interpretation.

Edited by AVBibleBeliever
wretched and Miss Daisy like this

Posted

All scripture is interpreted the same way "literal" however we are never commanded to interpret scripture we are commanded to study and to rightly divide scripture.  Interpretation is from one language to another and that is already done in the AV from the TR and other documents.

The study of English scripture is done differently depending on the literature type which consist of Poetry, Proverbs, Parables, Narratives, Epistles and Prophecy.  

Once you identify the literature type you go into asking "who, what, when, where, why, which and how" of the scriptures.

When you have completed your your study with the seven questions, you use what you found to bring out an application for every day life situation for yourself.

Then you put it together to form a teaching/preaching.

P.S. If you reinterpret the English scriptures then it becomes a private interpretation.

I think we are saying the same thing; but let me use Psalm 150 as an example
Praise God in his sanctuary:
praise him in the firmament of his power.
2 Praise him for his mighty acts:
praise him according to his excellent greatness.
3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet:
praise him with the psaltery and harp.
4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance:
praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals:
praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord.
Praise ye the Lord.
Is this a command to use these instruments and dance during worship?

Posted

Christians bow before the god of Disney. I pray Disney World is blown off the map.

Posted

I agree Disney is a promoter of wickedness that even sucks in many Christians but since Disney World is near perpetually open I wouldn't want to see it blown off the map because of all the people there. It would be nice to see it shut down but that's highly unlikely.