God bless,

Larry

Posted · Report post

I assume you don't mean happy.

God bless,
Larry

No, the new meaning, twisted.

Posted · Report post

What does Scripture say about the matter?

Posted · Report post

What does Scripture say about the matter?

What virgin?

Posted · Report post

It says, keep away from evil doers.

Posted (edited) · Report post

It says, keep away from evil doers.

Actually, Paul said in Corinthians that we would have to leave the world to get away from evil people, but to stay away from brothers who weren't living right!
So if you stay away from gays, how do you give them the Gospel? Edited by Jeffrey

Posted · Report post

Witness yes, befriend no.

Posted · Report post

Witness yes, befriend no.

Then how do you give them the Gospel then? I mean, Jesus was attacked by the Pharisees for hanging out with " sinners"!! Jesus was involved with them to give them the Good News, but yet the Pharisees could show now compassion for the lost, the very same people He would hang on a cross for!!

Posted · Report post

Then how do you give them the Gospel then? I mean, Jesus was attacked by the Pharisees for hanging out with " sinners"!! Jesus was involved with them to give them the Good News, but yet the Pharisees could show now compassion for the lost, the very same people He would hang on a cross for!!

A+ We can be a friend, witness, and share the gospel with them. What we cannot do is accept their life styles. Just like we cannot continue in ours sins. I wish I had that women for me?

Posted · Report post

Scripture tells us our friends, spouses and close associates should be Christians.

It's a false, modern notion that one must make friends with someone before they can share the Gospel with them.

Everyone I've ever had even a small part in helping come to Christ were either total strangers or someone I barely knew.

We are in the world, but not to be a part of the world. We are to take the Gospel to the lost, but we are not to make the lost our close companions.

Posted · Report post

Scripture tells us our friends, spouses and close associates should be Christians.

It's a false, modern notion that one must make friends with someone before they can share the Gospel with them.

Everyone I've ever had even a small part in helping come to Christ were either total strangers or someone I barely knew.

We are in the world, but not to be a part of the world. We are to take the Gospel to the lost, but we are not to make the lost our close companions.

I kinda disagree, by nature I'm not a trusting person. That's my make up. I never bought into the Gospel coming from someone who I didn't know, judging me to be a heathen! Where I'm from, you get your skull caved in for that. A man named Mark befriended me after about two years if witnessing to me, I started listening to Him.

Posted · Report post

A+ We can be a friend, witness, and share the gospel with them. What we cannot do is accept their life styles. Just like we cannot continue in ours sins. I wish I had that women for me?

And here I would agree with you, I think there should be a level of some relationship of some sort that if they refuse initially, God may open their eyes later and they can trust you with questions they have concerning God

Posted · Report post

Exactly. Being a friend is not a requirement to take the Gospel to the lost. When one goes door knocking, he is more often than not a stranger knocking on the door, not a friend to whom lives in that home.
John81 and honebee873 like this

Posted · Report post

Don't be deceived, TGL. They will "convert" your kid sooner then you kid will convert them.

Which would be your better next door neighbor? A gay person or a Jehovah witness?

Posted · Report post

You don't have to be a friend to present the Gospel to anyone. It is our job to present. We don't do the saving, Jesus does.

Posted · Report post

Friend, someone you can talk too.

Posted · Report post

Exactly. Being a friend is not a requirement to take the Gospel to the lost. When one goes door knocking, he is more often than not a stranger knocking on the door, not a friend to whom lives in that home.

And door knocking is not the only requirement for evangelism, sometimes it requires you to get involved, personally in someone's life at the cost of your time and energy, because that's loving the lost, it's easier just to knock on someone's door, irritate them because your are invading their personall time, interrupt what they are doing, just to hand them a pamphlet and tell them how wicked they are.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Which would be your better next door neighbor? A gay person or a Jehovah witness?

A gay person, he can help me with decorating ideas :D Edited by Jeffrey

Posted · Report post

You don't have to be a friend to present the Gospel to anyone. It is our job to present. We don't do the saving, Jesus does.

Considering for a second you don't know the gospel, you will listen to a stranger rather than somebody you know or trust?

Posted · Report post

I agree with Jeffrey on all accounts.  I got saved by having a Christian friend who introduced me to the fact that I was a sinner and needed salvation and then I started going to church.  My spouse got saved through Christian friends at work.  There has to be some level of trust, friendship, closeness, caring.  Jesus didn't go door to door.  I'm not knocking that type of evangelism, but don't think it's that effective, especially in discipleship.  I never open the door to strangers.  I never would have been saved with that method.   

Posted · Report post

1 Cor 9

19  For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

20  And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

21  To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

22  To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

23  And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

This passage is about Paul changing his presentation of the Gospel (not the Gospel but his presentation method) according to whom he was speaking.

It actually has nothing to do with going into brothels or pubs as some suggest.

It has far more to do with HOW not where we present the Gospel.

That means that for some people a friendship needs to be established before their heart is prepared for the Gospel.
Another may be saved by a single encounter at their own doorstep.

Look at Paul presenting the Gospel to those at Mars Hill - he begins by explaining who God is.....

But to Agrippa there is no need of that, for he is familiar with the God of the Hebrews.

Paul's point is that people are different and therefore the sharing of the Gospel needs to suit the person - not the facts, but the method.

I know you all know this from your own experience too - you all know a man who was saved when he walked down the aisle at an invitation, and you know people who were saved as an individual person showed them from God's Word, and some may even know of one who was saved alone by reading a salvation tract.

But the Bible is plain that our 'friends' should be saved people.
we need to be friendly to the lost however, and that may include befriending them.

I think we need two different words for friend maybe?????
:lol:

Posted · Report post

Not to mention lost family members.  We still have relationships with them on some level.  They don't cease being our family.

candlelight likes this

Posted · Report post

What's this got to do with the original question? You seem to be gainsaying now. 

I wouldn't care as long as they stay off my property or keep their sex parties inside with the curtains drawn.