Photo

Do You Believe There Was Not Rain Before The Flood Of Noah?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Do You Believe There Was Not Rain Before The Flood Of Noah? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you believe there was no rain before the Flood of Noah?

1. Yes (15 votes [65.22%])

Percentage of vote: 65.22%

2. No (8 votes [34.78%])

Percentage of vote: 34.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 AVBibleBeliever

AVBibleBeliever

A True AV Bible Believer

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts
Excellent
  • LocationCentral Virginia

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

Hebrews 11:7--By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

I believe both the context of Heb 11 and in Gen 6 it is speaking of the flood which is something they had never seen before.

#42 2bLikeJesus

2bLikeJesus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
Excellent
  • LocationRoseburg, OR

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:22 AM

Genesis 9:13-14 (KJV)
13  I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
14  And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: 

By this it appears no one had ever seen a rainbow before the flood.  Another proof of no rain before the flood.

#43 MountainChristian

MountainChristian

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
Excellent
  • LocationMountains of North Carolina

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:59 PM

I know some of you has tilled the ground? It has to be dry, no rain. If you try to buck the system and till anyway, the ground drys out where you've tilled and it becomes a hard packed mess. Dirt clots hard as rocks. A lot of what is planted down in the ground doesn't come up, it starts to grow but the hard ground kills it. If you sow the seed on top of the ground its too hard and the seed opens but it doesn't root. I don't think it had rained because farming backs up the Bible. In modern times when we get a misty rain it only wets the very top of the soil, wait a few hours after its over and a man can plow.

#44 Jordan G

Jordan G

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Excellent
  • LocationVancouver Island, Canada

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:51 PM

Im in the minority I guess... I think it rained, The Global flood would be something they havn't seen before and the Bow could have been a creation after the flood as a sign of the covenant...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500