Photo

Hollywood; Christians Need To Run From It!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel Rush

Daniel Rush

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Good

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:49 AM

Christians should have nothing to do with Hollywood (Holly wood is the wood of wicca) Not their movies, not Disney, not anything from that filth pit.

I pray everyday that Hollywood gets obliterated off the map.

#2 GraceSaved

GraceSaved

Daughter of the King of kings

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
Excellent
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

:icon_rolleyes:

#3 candlelight

candlelight

Super Contributor

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
Excellent

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

Christians should have nothing to do with Hollywood (Holly wood is the wood of wicca) Not their movies, not Disney, not anything from that filth pit.

Somehow, I don't think God would agree with you on this.  He will handle it and has the ultimate say, not man.

#4 John81

John81

Running to Win

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58,559 posts
Excellent

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

Jesus rebuked His disciples James and John when they wanted to obliterate some sinners.

Christ came to offer salvation to the lost, not to obliterate them. Christ commissioned His followers to spread the Gospel and make disciples, and to do so with love, kindness, gentleness, patience and all the fruits of the Spirit.

"Obliteration" and judgment are to remain in God's hands, according to His timing. In the meantime, we are to pray for the lost to be open to the Gospel and to share the Gospel with the lost and make disciples of those who come to Christ.

#5 Daniel Rush

Daniel Rush

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Good

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

You can't save Hollywood; you can't reform it. Christians should have nothing to do with that industry, not even use it to produce "Christ" looking films....how many can you honestly say came from "Witches-wood" and did not contain blasphemy, abomination and wickedness?

We are to oppose this world and the things this world holds in high esteem and Witches-wood is a stinking rotten pit of self-glorious filth. We should hate it because it hates our Christ.

#6 GraceSaved

GraceSaved

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
Excellent
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

This again?  Is this fellowshipping? 

#7 Standing Firm In Christ

Standing Firm In Christ

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,519 posts
Excellent
  • LocationSee Bio

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

God reached many godless people through the preaching of the Gospel. Until the Lord's return, we are to be a light to the lost, not to turn our backs on them.

#8 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 58,559 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

We don't have to watch Hollywood movies or support their sins to pray for them and take the Gospel to them as Scripture calls us to.

#9 candlelight

candlelight

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:06 AM

This again?  Is this fellowshipping? 

Apparently so, GS.  No, this is not fellowshipping.  Praying "that Hollywood gets obliterated off the map" is not appropriate Christian behavior.  

Did Jesus "obliterate the Apostle Paul, and have him blown off the map" before Paul was saved on the Road to Damascus?  I think not.  God will bring, and has brought many people in Hollywood to the saving knowledge of His son the Lord Jesus Christ.  

#10 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

Waiting patiently (ahem) for grandchildren...

• Moderators
  • 17,150 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

Fellowshipping is not the only thing that goes on here, y'all.  We can each express our opinions, right? So can he...

That said - I don't wish it obliterated, although it would be nice if the garbage produced there changed or ended - and the actors all became less important in their minds, in the media, and in the minds of those who all but worship them.  

God obliterated Sodom and Gomorrah and the other cities of the plains because of their sin.  He can do what He wills.  If that is what He wants, it will happen.  Sadly, this world is a den of iniquity, and Hollywood is both a result of that sin and a promotion of that sin.  Christians do need to be more discerning about what they allow into their eye and ear gates, about what they spend their money on and in support of, etc.  

"I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes..."

#11 Alimantado

Alimantado

Super Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

If you said that to someone from Hollywood they'd probably thank you for the cool film idea.

#12 GraceSaved

GraceSaved

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
Excellent
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:57 PM

Fellowshipping is not the only thing that goes on here, y'all.  We can each express our opinions, right? So can he...

I agree but this is downright hateful.  That is my opinion.   :icon_smile:

#13 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

• Moderators
  • 17,150 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

I agree but this is downright hateful.  That is my opinion.   :icon_smile:

*shrugs* I would agree.  But there it is... :icon_smile:

#14 Daniel Rush

Daniel Rush

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Good

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

I'm "hateful" and yet many Christians will say nothing and not defend the word of GOD when these "witch-wood" freaks mock and hate our Christ. 

#15 利百加 (Li Bai Jia)

利百加 (Li Bai Jia)

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:39 AM

Just wondering what is meant by "Hollywood". The city in California full of historical monuments, theaters, museums, businesses, churches(dunno if any are good, never checked), homes, and people? Or the movie industry in general?

If Hollywood the city, then why that city in particular? What makes it worse than Los Angeles,  San Francisco, New York City, Las Vegas, etc....? The name Hollywood might be synonymous with movies, but there are very few studios actually located there, Paramount is the major one and another is one that produces "Christian" films. The majority of movie studios are scattered around cities in CA, other states, and around the world.

In order to "obliterate" the movie industry, you would need to obliterate every means of visual communication: televisions, cell phones, internet, dvd's, computers, cameras, etc...  But we're not finished, "Hollywood" also puts out books, toys, and games.... so now we need to destroy those.....

I don't know about any of you, but the majority of Christians I know are very vocal about the wickedness of the movie industry, I've heard it preached from the pulpits, discussed in the classrooms(Bible college), mentioned while fellowshipping, etc.... The Christians I know are not silent on this issue. But the thing is, the people involved in the movie industry still need the Lord. I will pray for them, not that they or their town will be destroyed, but that they might be saved. Romans 10

#16 Daniel Rush

Daniel Rush

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Good

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

The people involved in the movie industry still need the Lord. I will pray for them

Have no fellowship with the workers of iniquity.

#17 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 58,559 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

Praying for the lost is not having fellowship with them.

#18 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

• Moderators
  • 17,150 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

Praying for someone is not fellowshipping with them.

Daniel, I can stand against wickedness without calling down God's destruction. Just because someone doesn't care for your use of invective doesn't mean they support the evil that is there.

#19 No Nicolaitans

No Nicolaitans

♫ The B-I-B-L-E...yes, that's the book for me. ♫

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

Reminds me of Jonah not wanting to preach to Nineveh...

Daniel...the Lord Jesus Christ died for those in Hollywood just as he died for you.  I would think he would rather you witness to them rather than heading to Tarshish.

#20 EKSmith

EKSmith

• PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
Excellent
  • LocationCharleston S.C

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:35 AM

Daniel I believe the correct statement here should be that Christians need to pray for hollywood this is away of our rejection of such sin and our love for the lost when we lift up our voice unto the Father by prayer..

Gods Word teaches us to love and to pray for our enemies and we can know that anyone that is worldly and evil as the men of hollywood movies would surely be a enemy right? should we then harden our heart to condemn all of hollywood to be obliterated which would mean by death, would condemn the lost to hell.  God rejects this kind of thought and prayer.

But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you

That you may be the children of your Father which is in heaven; for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust Matthew 5:44-45

we are giving a commandment to love our enemies but not with just mere human affection but with the love that comes from God, loving a enemy involves doing good toward that enemy in order to win him over to Jesus. also we are reminded of the importance of this love is necessary proof of salvation '' That you may be the children of your Father which is in Heaven" and by knowing this we should be a witness unto this lost world .Amen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500