Advanced Member

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIL

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:58 PM

Hi all,

I would very much appreciate prayer for the onset of sudden neuropathy in both of my feet.  I believe this is caused by a recent diagnosis of diabetes.  My feet feel numb and tingly and get very cold and almost feel like they are burning at times. 

I have some lab tests tomorrow which could shed light if anything else is wrong.  I have been eating very good since my diagnosis in late January and have lost 22 lbs with plenty of more to go. I am an intense worrier and ask that you not only pray for relief and healing but also my anxiety in dealing with my health.

Thanks and God Bless.

Jerry

#2 Standing Firm In Christ

Standing Firm In Christ

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts
Excellent
  • LocationSee Bio

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:09 AM

Praying.

Casting all your cares on Him, for He careth for you.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

#3 Covenanter

Covenanter

Super Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts
Excellent
  • LocationSouthall, West London, England

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:07 AM

May you know both the peace of God with respect to your health, & relief & healing from specific suffering.

You say you have been eating "very good" & have lost a lot of weight. I have been diagnosed type 2 D since 2000. I changed my diet to high complex carb as recommended by the health professionals. In 7 years the peripheral neuropathy became crippling. I then changed to a low carb diet - cutting out ALL the obvious carbs. In 3 months I was out of pain & other health concerns improved. 6 years of low carb I am fit & well with no diabetes complications. Hope that helps.

Edited by Covenanter, 11 March 2014 - 04:08 AM.

#4 candlelight

candlelight

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
Excellent

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:22 AM

Keeping you in prayer for your feet, diabetes and worrying, brother.   :icon_pray:

#5 Eric Stahl

Eric Stahl

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
Excellent
  • LocationPa.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:57 AM

Dear Heavenly Father thank you for all your blessings and answered prayers. We give you glory and praise. Lord please bless our brother Jerry according to your will. Help him to eat well and to trust in your mercy.

We ask this in Jesus name amen.

I also have type 2 diabetes.

#6 John81

John81

Running to Win

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,067 posts
Excellent

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

In prayer for you Jerry.

#7 BroMatt

BroMatt

Big Stick Wielder

• Administrators
  • 7,545 posts
Excellent
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

Praying....

#8 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

Waiting patiently (ahem) for grandchildren...

• Moderators
  • 17,243 posts
Excellent

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

So sorry to hear that...praying.

#9 Ukulelemike

Ukulelemike

Just a Servant

• Moderators
  • 2,353 posts
Excellent
  • LocationNE California

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:29 AM

May you know both the peace of God with respect to your health, & relief & healing from specific suffering.

You say you have been eating "very good" & have lost a lot of weight. I have been diagnosed type 2 D since 2000. I changed my diet to high complex carb as recommended by the health professionals. In 7 years the peripheral neuropathy became crippling. I then changed to a low carb diet - cutting out ALL the obvious carbs. In 3 months I was out of pain & other health concerns improved. 6 years of low carb I am fit & well with no diabetes complications. Hope that helps.

Excellent advice-low/no carb and high proteins!

#10 jebarr

jebarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIL

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:09 AM

May God bless you all for your edifying prayers. Covenanter- Low carb is exactly what I am on right now and glory to God this morning I am down another 2 pounds making it 24 total pounds lost.  You have given me great hope and peace about my situation and will trust in the Lord for healing and sustainment. 

Praise His name!

Jerry

#11 allen32

allen32

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Excellent

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

keep you in my prayers jerry

#12 Miss Daisy

Miss Daisy

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
Excellent
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

Praying for you also.

I also have neuropathy in both feet, not from diabetes though. They're freezing all the time! Two pairs of wool socks still not warm I battle it year round. God bless you!

#13 swathdiver

swathdiver

Surrendered

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
Excellent
  • LocationTreasure Coast

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:11 AM

Prayed and will continue to do so.  

#14 jebarr

jebarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIL

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

Praying for you also.

I also have neuropathy in both feet, not from diabetes though. They're freezing all the time! Two pairs of wool socks still not warm I battle it year round. God bless you!

Thanks again for everyone's prayers! I still have some mild tingling in both of my feet but yesterday about 2:00 pm CST I was standing in the kitchen and felt a warming coming over my feet and much of the pain and burning gone.  Praise God! :amen: Its definitely improved though and am grateful for the prayers and the Lord's healing hands. Miss Daisy- just curious if not from diabetes, what is the source of your neuropathy?

#15 EKSmith

EKSmith

• PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
Excellent
  • LocationCharleston S.C

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

Praying

#16 Miss Daisy

Miss Daisy

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
Excellent
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

jebarr, 20 years as a nurse on my feet for 8+ hours a day and runner in my younger days. Tarsal tunnel syndrome (like carpal tunnel only in your feet), plantar fasciitis, multiple surgeries trying to correct it with no success.

Some people have relief from medication for nerve pain but I wasn't one of them, tried them all. Done everything possible. Been to Mayo's and Loyola in Chicago.

Glad yours are feeling a little warmth!

#17 ASongOfDegrees

ASongOfDegrees

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:54 AM

jebarr, 20 years as a nurse on my feet for 8+ hours a day and runner in my younger days. Tarsal tunnel syndrome (like carpal tunnel only in your feet), plantar fasciitis, multiple surgeries trying to correct it with no success.

Some people have relief from medication for nerve pain but I wasn't one of them, tried them all. Done everything possible. Been to Mayo's and Loyola in Chicago.

Hard worker.

#18 John81

John81

Running to Win

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,067 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:58 AM

I think I have plantar fasciitis, have for several years now. Special insoles helped greatly but starting just this past Monday both heals have been hurting badly, especially after I've laid down or been sitting for awhile; then it's very difficult to stand or walk. Once I move around a bit and get my shoes back on that helps but the pain is still there.

#19 candlelight

candlelight

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:06 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that so many OB members have health issues.  I have Rheumatoid Arthritis in my hands, knees, and feet.  Braggs Vinegar works to diminish some of the pain.  I didn't realize how bad my knees were until we visited our friends in South Eastern Ohio.  They have a rather large house and when we visit we are in the guest room.  I noticed my knees were more sore, than usual, as I was climbing the stairs.  I live in a ranch house, so I can't tell without any stairs to climb.  My feet are the worse.  RA is hereditary.  My grandmother and my mom both had it.  I don't mind getting older, but the body sure does wear down.

#20 jebarr

jebarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Excellent
  • LocationIL

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for sharing Miss Daisy. My pain is still there especially when I walk a lot but I did seem to get more feeling in them that day.  It makes it hard to exercise much to go along with my diet but I do my best. I am so sorry that you have not found relief for your pain.  I will keep you in my prayers.  Hopefully you live in a warmer climate as this winter has been a rough one for most of us.  God Bless.

Jerry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500