Intoducing Me

101 posts in this topic

Posted

Do we know the specific word the translators translated in this case?

In some cases we know where there are multiple possible translations of a particular word, the translators sometimes used different words in different parts of Scripture. They had reasons for doing so.

What about the case we are discussing?

Login or register for removal of this advertisement.

Posted

The word in Greek is Angelos.........

Posted

If that is the same word the translators used to refer to angels in most places, and messenger in a couple places when referring to men, then it would seem they meant angels, not men, when they said angels in Revelation.

prophet1 likes this

Posted

But John is writing these things to the angels of these churches.
This is where the context of the passage appears to imply other than the common understanding of 'angel'.

Where else has God used a man to write his message to an angel to then give that message to men?

The plain reading in this case indicates against the common useage.

The logical way to read this is that these 'angels' are human messengers - pastor, bishop, elder, of each of these seven existing churches.

God tells John to write a physical letter to be delivered to each of these churches - that much can not be disputed.

God sends His messages to us by angels. Starts in Gen.
Gen 16:10
10 And the angel of the Lord said unto her, I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude.

and goes to Rev.:
Rev 22:16
16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Same beings, same jOB, all the way through...

"Logic" doesn't tell us that the angels of the churches are men, false doctrine does.

Show me one place in Scripture where God puts a single "Pastor" in charge of a church. You won't.
If you study all things Ephesus, you will see the actual way contrasted with the Nicolaitan way.

The Nicolaitans need Rev 2 and 3 to be men, not angels, so they can hang their 'Church King' false doctrine on it.

The RCC wasn't around until another 200 years, after Rev. 2, so don't blame Rome.

Anishinaabe

Posted (edited)

I am new to this site.  Have been exploring the topic of predestination.  Can we post links to other places that have helped us.  I found a place that explains the topic very well. 

You have to becareful what you post here. I have been reading the forum for about 6 years now, they censor and delete here. I have seen many people get banned from here for something they posted. You do not have to break a rule to get banned from here. They will just ban you if they do agree with you.

Edited by SpiritualWarrior

Posted

You have to becareful what you post here. I have been reading the forum for about 6 years now, they censor and delete here. I have seen many people get banned from here for something they posted. You do not have to break a rule to get banned from here. They will just ban you if they do agree with you.

Are you in the right place and referring to the correct forum.  Check your address, this is OnlineBaptist.com the paranoia,com forum is 2 blocks down and on the left.  :)

Posted

I've been here for a few years, been vehemently disagreed with, have ruffled more than a few feathers, and been accused of some really crazy stuff but have never been banned. If you don't act like a troll, intentionally sow discord, or basically just try to be an antagonistic jerk, most are pretty forgiving.

Posted

Not sure where you are getting by our information from as our ban list is very, very small.

To say they were banned for something they posted is quite OBvious, what else do you do on message boards other than post?
swathdiver likes this

Posted

Not sure where you are getting by our information from as our ban list is very, very small.

To say they were banned for something they posted is quite OBvious, what else do you do on message boards other than post?

If you don't act like a troll, intentionally sow discord, or basically just try to be an antagonistic jerk, most are pretty forgiving.

This is very vague is it not?  This like saying, If I think you are acting like a troll(because I needed an excuse to justify why I got rid of you), intentionally sowing discord(because I needed an excuse to justify why I got rid of you), or basically just try to be an antagonistic jerk(because I needed an excuse to justify why I got rid of you).

Seriously, I am a grown man. Have some respect for me.

Posted

My own 2 eyes and I know many(what I consdier to be many) from other forums who have come here and been banned.

Posted

Really, Then you wouldn't mind be put to the test would you?

Posted

SpiritWarrior,

You are exhibiting character unbecoming of a follower of Christ.

Are you here to honour Christ and fellowship with brothers/sisters in Christ or are you here to bring strife?

Posted

Welcome to the forum.  Why not introduce yourself formally in a new thread and tell us a little about yourself and share your testimony?

Posted

In that case, how about you have some respect for the owner of this forum and his rules?

You are welcome to join this forum for profitable discussion, but it does have set rules and standards of behavior and they will be enforced - much like any other sphere of life. If you do not wish to abide by the same, you are likewise free to not join.

Posted

SpiritWarrior,

You are exhibiting character unbecoming of a follower of Christ.

Are you here to honour Christ and fellowship with brothers/sisters in Christ or are you here to bring strife?

Is this what you say to someone who says something you do not like or agree with?

Posted

In that case, how about you have some respect for the owner of this forum and his rules?

You are welcome to join this forum for profitable discussion, but it does have set rules and standards of behavior and they will be enforced - much like any other sphere of life. If you do not wish to abide by the same, you are likewise free to not join.

I guess now you are going to tell me that what my eyes have

been OBserving on here for around 5 or 6 years is really not what Ithey have seen?

I have been reading this forum that long. I know all of you.

Posted

You use this tatic alot, you over use it.

Posted

I know all of you. 

Posted

I know someone who has been reading this forum for even longer than I.

Posted

Looks like our troll is back.

Posted

Really, Then you wouldn't mind be put to the test would you?

Seeing how we "ban" a lot of people and you been seeing this for years, what is the main reason I usually give when I do ban someone?

Posted

You use this tatic alot, you over use it.

You mean the tactic of using Biblical principles? If I was her I would take that as a compliment. :)

Posted

I know someone who has been reading this forum for even longer than I.

Awesome, great to know that we can be a help/blessing to others. Thank you for sharing.

Posted (edited)

All these people SW is referring to that have been banned over the years are prOBably just a small handful of trolls. Of which, SW IS also.

Wonder if this SW also believes me to be the character from Topix called dollarsbill? RoFL

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

Posted

I know all of you. 

Sounds like an all knowing being.  Spooky! :bigshock: 

God bless,

Larry