F1

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I thought maybe someone had damage from an F1 tornado -- lo and behold, it's about being lost for 200-500 miles driving around town so fast it takes several times past your house before you finally recognize you're back home and can park now (end of race).

We have farm combine demolition derbys. (How's that for throwing money away?)

No Nicolaitans likes this

Posted · Report post

98a10ec9-23cd-4ecf-899c-d8b8cbd4a422_zps

Airplanes are faster.

Posted · Report post

Oh yeah - the indycar drivers and F1 drivers who come here are always impressed with the v8 supers - so much power but they also handle.
The v8 supers have power of your nascars but weigh less and are set up to handle twisting circuits rather than ovals.

Don't know how the comparison would go on an oval, but our v8 supers would eat your nascars on the circuits.

The ovals need a specific skillset and setup. One of your drivers in a v8 super set up for ovals (if it is possible to set them up to handle those specific stresses) I reckon would be devastating to your nascars - but then a v8 super is way lighter so better power to weight ratio.

Be a bit like putting an Indy against a nascar - different formulas.

have you ever checked out the super Cuda it blew the doors of the worlds fastest f1 car the first time it hit the test track and the second and third times. it's one the newer Cuda's that has some mods done by Chip Foose made to it but it looks stock.yet handles as good as the f1 car and is faster. you can see it on youtube. 

Posted · Report post

have you ever checked out the super Cuda it blew the doors of the worlds fastest f1 car the first time it hit the test track and the second and third times. it's one the newer Cuda's that has some mods done by Chip Foose made to it but it looks stock.yet handles as good as the f1 car and is faster. you can see it on youtube.

There are a few cars faster than F1 cars - F1 only do around 350 kph, and then only when set up for the fastest tracks.
There is no sedan that would out handle an F1 car - the down force that an F1 car has is not attainable from a sedan body.
But in some circumstances other cars are faster.

In any case, A PERTH BOY WON AN F1 RACE ;)

Posted · Report post

I think F1 tends to be more of a driving skill then a steady diet of left turns. When I was younger I was in Monaco for the Grand Prix. It was quite the experience. Ayrton Senna won that day

Posted · Report post

Will Power - Aussie boy.
Beat you yanks at yer own game! ;)