Pastors That Don't Drop There Offering At Giving Time?

92 posts in this topic

Posted

I seen in the past not now, that pastors don't give at the offering time. Or If there is a special offering for a missionary,guess singer,  and speaker. They will ask for a special offering for this person, but they them self don't give. Could they think that it is the job of the members only to give?

Posted

I don't know what churches you are looking at. Our pastors give regularly as well as for special collections.

ASongOfDegrees likes this

Posted

As soon as I saw that title I knew it was one your topics, TGL.  :wink

What I wanna know is, what about pastors/church members who lie/steal/cheat/drink/swear/murder/take the Lord's name in vain/gamble/shout/dress immodestly/smash windows/set things on fire? Are they a good thing?

Miss Daisy and HappyChristian like this

Posted

I don't know what churches you are looking at. Our pastors give regularly as well as for special collections.

I don't know, either.  My pastor and pastors in the past always give regularly and also for special offerings.

ASongOfDegrees likes this

Posted

Perhaps TGL blinked and did not see it?

Posted

Nah, I think TGL was too busy eating his popcorn to notice anything.   :popcorn:   Right, TGL?  

Miss Daisy and HappyChristian like this

Posted

As soon as I saw that title I knew it was one your topics, TGL.  :wink

What I wanna know is, what about pastors/church members who lie/steal/cheat/drink/swear/murder/take the Lord's name in vain/gamble/shout/dress immodestly/smash windows/set things on fire? Are they a good thing?

Why don't you start this post, good questions.

Posted

Honestly, I never bother to look and see if the pastor is giving or not. I'm too worried about being seen dropping the lint out of my pockets into the plate. ;)

No Nicolaitans likes this

Posted

What about Baptists who create meaningless posts on websites with the purpose of either stirring things up or making a spectacle of themselves? ;)

HappyChristian and Miss Daisy like this

Posted

Perhaps TGL blinked and did not see it?

Every Wednesdays and Sundays at the same time...   :eye:

Posted

What about Baptists who create meaningless posts on websites with the purpose of either stirring things up or making a spectacle of themselves? ;)

We need to get rid of them.. :)

Posted

If my post make you mad, this is good. It was posted for you so that you start giving like everyone else.   :knuppel:

Posted

Arbo, I couldn't imagine OB without TGL's posts.  He does create a lot of discussion.  One might think he is causing a riff, but he does generate good conversations.

Posted

Arbo, I couldn't imagine OB without TGL's posts. He does create a lot of discussion. One might think he is causing a riff, but he does generate good conversations.

Thank you, think about it. If what I post don' t applys to you, then it should not get you offended. I give with a cheerful heart, why get angry about giving.
candlelight likes this

Posted

Thank you, think about it. If what I post don' t applys to you, then it should not get you offended. I give with a cheerful heart, why get angry about giving.

You're welcome, TGL.  I have never been offended by your threads.  They add humor to Online Baptist.  I actually enjoy reading them.  All of us should give to God with a cheerful heart.  The NT commands us to do that.

Posted

The kid comes out of me too sometimes... ;)

Posted

Assuming that a pastor doesn't give just because you might not see him place something in the plate is just that: assumption.  As Christians, aren't we supposed to not do that?

Miss Daisy and candlelight like this

Posted

Assuming that a pastor doesn't give just because you might not see him place something in the plate is just that: assumption. As Christians, aren't we supposed to not do that?

This reminds me in a heath class, I was talt not to smoke because of the risks. At the end of the day I seen him, my teacher smoking... :(
BroMatt likes this

Posted

Assuming that a pastor doesn't give just because you might not see him place something in the plate is just that: assumption.  As Christians, aren't we supposed to not do that?

I was taught to never compare myself to other Christians.  The pastor is another Christian, except he has a leadership position being the under-shepherd of the flock.  I was taught, early on, to compare myself to the Lord Jesus Christ, b/c I will always fall short.  I have to remind myself of that sometimes.  The flesh is weak.

Posted

The shortest nerve in a Christian's body is the one that run from the brain to the wallet!!

candlelight and Miss Daisy like this

Posted

The shortest nerve in a Christian's body is the one that run from the brain to the wallet!!

Hahaha!  I love that one, Bro K.

Posted

I seen in the past not now, that pastors don't give at the offering time. Or If there is a special offering for a missionary,guess singer,  and speaker. They will ask for a special offering for this person, but they them self don't give. Could they think that it is the job of the members only to give?

I'm more concerned about whether I'm pleasing God in my giving than whether someone else is.

Posted

I'm more concerned about whether I'm pleasing God in my giving than whether someone else is.

I agree BroMatt.  That is what my husband and I do.  As the oldest in his family, he has always been the leader.  Especially spiritually.  He has five brothers.  A couple of his brothers have talked about the evangelist that led me to Christ.  The church took up a collection, years ago to buy him a car, so that he could take the gospel to IFB churches in other states.  One of my husband's brothers was concerned that the church gave this evangelist too much.  My husband spoke up and told him he should be more concerned about himself than another Christian.  The conversation ended right there.

HappyChristian and BroMatt like this

Posted

For the record, I do believe that Pastoral Staff does need to set an example, but that is NOT an excuse for me to disobey God. I'm an accountable for my own actions

HappyChristian and 1Timothy115 like this

Posted

I never miss giving my tithe (if you give a tithe you have actually "given" NOTHING, but simply obeyed God's word), and also my offering (missions, special, bus ministry, etc.) BUT I do it through my bank directly to the church account.  No one ever sees me put an offering in the plate.  The only one in the church who knows I tithe is the church secretary and treasurer.  I don't believe in "sounding the trumpets" to be seen of men with my giving.  

Matthew 6:1-2 (KJV)
1  Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
2  Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Maybe these Pastors you are blasting without knowledge are following this simple principle.

Bro. Garry

In His will.  By His power.  For His glory

Miss Daisy likes this