19 replies to this topic

#1 beameup

beameup

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:45 PM

Just a few steps away from the western wall, rabbis and craftsmen are building what they call a "temple in waiting."

Chaim Richman is a director at the Temple Institute in Jerusalem.

"The Temple Institute is actively engaged in the research and preparation of the resumption of service in the holy temple to the extent

of actually preparing operational blueprints for the construction of the temple according to the most modern standards," he said.

Piece by piece, the third temple is taking shape, with priest's garments, vessels of copper, gold, and silver, and a new generation of levite priests specially trained for temple service.

"We have enough in place now to resume divine service and to build the temple," Richman said. "But obviously, a lot of things have to happen in order for this to happen."  excerpt

http://www.cbn.com/c...-in-Jerusalem-/

BTW, this article is 5 years old.

Edited by beameup, 05 June 2014 - 07:50 PM.

#2 Covenanter

Covenanter

Super Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts
Excellent
  • LocationSouthall, West London, England

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:42 AM

I've been aware of this potential development for many years - even the breeding of red heifers.

Is Ezekiel's temple yet future, including animal sacrifices for sin, or is that prophesied temple a picture of the spiritual worship Jesus teaches in John 4, & Paul teaches in Eph. 2.

John 4:19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. 21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Eph. 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Stephen quoted Isaiah who quoted Solomon. Is the desire & intent to build a new temple, and to renew the sacrificial worship, a continued rejection of Jesus as the focus of prophecy? Should we support that development?

Acts 7:44 Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he had appointed, speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen. 45 Which also our fathers that came after brought in with Jesus into the possession of the Gentiles, whom God drave out before the face of our fathers, unto the days of David; 46 who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob. 47 But Solomon built him an house. 48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, 49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? 50 Hath not my hand made all these things?

51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 53 who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

#3 beameup

beameup

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

Matthew 24:15  When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation,
spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Mark 13:14  But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of
by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,)

2 Thes 2:4   Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped;
so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Revelation 11:10-11  Tribulation Temple
And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying,
Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles

#4 MountainChristian

MountainChristian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Excellent
  • LocationMountains of North Carolina

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

http://www.onlinebap...e-3#entry286091

What do I make of the Bible prophecies after more than 50 years of Bible study?

Old Testament prophecy focuses on the coming of Jesus - the "seed of the woman" so that applying e.g Daniel & Zechariah to the present "end times" is unjustified.

The Olivet prophecy concerns "the end" of Israel as a nation & the destruction of the temple & Jerusalem.

Warnings for the remaining time are in general terms as the duration is not revealed. The command is to be faithful & ready.

Revelation was written while the temple & Jerusalem were standing (see Rev. 11) & relates primarily to the destruction. Daniel's "end time seal" was opened by the triumphant Lion/Lamb.

The beast, with his number can be identified as Nero. There have, of course been many beastly persecutors & antichrists down the ages. However the one expected by John in "the last time" was probably the high priest who perished in the destruction.

All this in no way detracts or distracts from Bible prophecy - it takes away all the foolish speculation we have suffered since 1948 (if not before) & reminds us of our calling to the Lord's command.

#5 Miss Daisy

Miss Daisy

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
Excellent
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

good detective work MC!

#6 MountainChristian

MountainChristian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

Pre, Mid, Post all get a blessing out knowing the temple is ready to go. 

#7 John81

John81

Running to Win

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,551 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

The article may be five years old but I've been reading similar articles and hearing some preachers talking about this same thing since at least the late 70s. Talk of this was very common throughout the 80s.

#8 beameup

beameup

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Israeli institute prepares priests for Jerusalem's third temple

On April 10, 2014 at 5 p.m., hundreds of Jews will gather at the Maimonides rabbinical institution plaza in the Kiryat Moshe neighborhood in Jerusalem and start learning the Jewish laws of Passover.

Rabbis and experts, including Rabbi Yisrael Ariel, the head of the Temple Institute in the Old City of Jerusalem, the leading body preparing for the establishment of the third temple,

will teach the audience the laws of the Passover sacrifice. Alongside Ariel, the ritual slaughterer (shohet) Rabbi Yehudah Giatt will teach the audience about the unique elements

of the slaughter of the Passover sacrifice. After the lessons, the real thing will start: the simulation of the Passover sacrifice.

Read more: http://www.al-monito...##ixzz33tebePTI

Read more: http://www.al-monito...##ixzz33tdobd7N

#9 Covenanter

Covenanter

Super Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts
Excellent
  • LocationSouthall, West London, England

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

Interesting that they are starting with the Passover - but I thought that that was the one sacrifice that could be made without the temple or priesthood. And that it has continued to the present day. It's certainly a sacrifice that points directly to the Lamb of God. 

As such, it may have been carefully chosen to appeal to Christians, particularly Christian supporters of Israel.

But, will the next be the Day of Atonement sacrifice? That would strike directly against Calvary. 

What do folk think about this? Can acceptable sacrifices for sin ever again be offered? 

#10 MountainChristian

MountainChristian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

roasting the lambs, with their heads, legs and innards. Just as God intended.

Cooking their guts doesn't sound appealing. 

#11 Invicta

Invicta

Super Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts
Excellent
  • LocationWhitstable, Kent, England

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

Just a few steps away from the western wall, rabbis and craftsmen are building what they call a "temple in waiting."

Chaim Richman is a director at the Temple Institute in Jerusalem.

"The Temple Institute is actively engaged in the research and preparation of the resumption of service in the holy temple to the extent

of actually preparing operational blueprints for the construction of the temple according to the most modern standards," he said.

Piece by piece, the third temple is taking shape, with priest's garments, vessels of copper, gold, and silver, and a new generation of levite priests specially trained for temple service.

"We have enough in place now to resume divine service and to build the temple," Richman said. "But obviously, a lot of things have to happen in order for this to happen."  excerpt

http://www.cbn.com/c...-in-Jerusalem-/

BTW, this article is 5 years old.

BTW.  There have already been three temples.  Herod's was probably the biggest as the had to build up the temple mount to accommodate it.  The second was the smallest.

#12 Invicta

Invicta

Super Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts
Excellent
  • LocationWhitstable, Kent, England

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:24 PM

What do I make of the Bible prophecies after more than 50 years of Bible study?

Old Testament prophecy focuses on the coming of Jesus - the "seed of the woman" so that applying e.g Daniel & Zechariah to the present "end times" is unjustified.

The Olivet prophecy concerns "the end" of Israel as a nation & the destruction of the temple & Jerusalem.

Warnings for the remaining time are in general terms as the duration is not revealed. The command is to be faithful & ready.

Revelation was written while the temple & Jerusalem were standing (see Rev. 11) & relates primarily to the destruction. Daniel's "end time seal" was opened by the triumphant Lion/Lamb.

The beast, with his number can be identified as Nero. There have, of course been many beastly persecutors & antichrists down the ages. However the one expected by John in "the last time" was probably the high priest who perished in the destruction.

All this in no way detracts or distracts from Bible prophecy - it takes away all the foolish speculation we have suffered since 1948 (if not before) & reminds us of our calling to the Lord's command.

A number of high priests died in the rebellion.  They ran out of people who qualified and after the house of archives was destroyed, none could prove their genealogy which is how the sacrifice failed, no one qualified to offer it.  Josephus tells us that they found one man from a village, maybe the last one, who was such a yokel that he hardly knew what a high priest was.

Edited by Invicta, 06 June 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#13 DaveW

DaveW

Resident Aussie and general dumb bloke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts
Excellent
  • LocationI'm a West Aussie

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

A number of high priests died in the rebellion. They ran out of people who qualified and after the house of archives was destroyed, none could prove their genealogy which is how the sacrifice failed, no one qualified to offer it. Josephus tells us that they found one man from a village, maybe the last one, who was such a yokel that he hardly knew what a high priest was.

That is false.
The reason they do not do the sacrifices is BECAUSE THERE IS NO TEMPLE TO DO THE SACRIFICES IN.

#14 beameup

beameup

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

BTW.  There have already been three temples.  Herod's was probably the biggest as the had to build up the temple mount to accommodate it.  The second was the smallest.

There have only been 2 temples.  Herod's was an "embellishment" of Nehemiah's temple.

You need to get up to speed on Judiasm.  Perhaps "covenator" can help you since he

fancies himself as an expert on Judiasm with his "vast understanding" of Hebrews.

#15 candlelight

candlelight

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

I don't want to put a damper on your post, Beam.  However, I personally know an Orthodox Rabbi in Israel.  He recently told me that the Temple is not ready to be established anytime soon.  I think he would know.

#16 beameup

beameup

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

I don't want to put a damper on your post, Beam.  However, I personally know an Orthodox Rabbi in Israel.  He recently told me that the Temple is not ready to be established anytime soon.  I think he would know.

All the implements of the Temple were created quite a few years ago and are on display for anyone visiting Jerusalem.

Perhaps the rabbi is not a part of the Temple Institute or a part of the Sanhedrin (which has been meeting for some years).

https://www.youtube....h?v=tB8W0cLM9uA

Edited by beameup, 06 June 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#17 John81

John81

Running to Win

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,551 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

What is the point of this thread?

#18 candlelight

candlelight

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

All the implements of the Temple were created quite a few years ago and are on display for anyone visiting Jerusalem.

Perhaps the rabbi is not a part of the Temple Institute or a part of the Sanhedrin (which has been meeting for some years).

Yes, you are correct.  However, my Rabbi friend is part of the Temple Institute and he keeps me informed on recent events.  He just told me that they are still a bit away from building the Temple.  When I want to know something about Judaism, I go to the Jews for information.  I don't know where you are getting your information from.  If you are reading it on Christian sites, I would caution you on that.  The Torah Observant Jews are a much better source.  That's all I am saying, brother.  

#19 beameup

beameup

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

Yes, you are correct.  However, my Rabbi friend is part of the Temple Institute and he keeps me informed on recent events.  He just told me that they are still a bit away from building the Temple.  When I want to know something about Judaism, I go to the Jews for information.  I don't know where you are getting your information from.  If you are reading it on Christian sites, I would caution you on that.  The Torah Observant Jews are a much better source.  That's all I am saying, brother.  

It's going to take another Arab-Israeli war, specifically, Psalm 83.  Does he tell you that he knows when another war will start?

BTW, I posted a link of an interview with the head of the Temple Institute.   Here is yet another link from the Temple Institute:

Edited by beameup, 06 June 2014 - 08:20 PM.

#20 candlelight

candlelight

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:25 PM

It's going to take another Arab-Israeli war, specifically, Psalm 83.  Does he tell you that he knows when another war will start?

BTW, I posted a link of an interview with the head of the Temple Institute.   Here is yet another link from the Temple Institute:

Yes, he has definitely said that.  He is encouraging all Jews from other nations to return to Israel.  He hasn't said when he believes the war will start, but he believes it will be very soon.  Thanks for the link, Beam.  If you are on Facebook, I can friend you with this Rabbi.  He is a very nice man, and as long as you respect him, he highly respects Christians.  I met him many years ago.  He has an very interesting blog for Jews and Gentiles, alike.  I have learned a lot from this man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500