#21 John81

John81

Running to Win

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,028 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

Some people were talking about those tattoos many women get on their lower backs, often some sort of what they call tribal design. These typically are very low on the back. As they were all offering their opinions on such I mentioned that I don't care for them. Apparently I was the only one who didn't. Suddenly I was an ignorant, intolerant, old white man who shouldn't have any say anyway.

Rather ironic since all there were white, at least two were my age or a bit older, a couple others just a few years younger, the rest in their 20s or 30s. According to them, any negative view of such tattoos automatically meant I was racist (must be since the tattoo design is of non-white tribal design), I'm intolerant (I never said they weren't free to get the things, only that I don't care for them), and naturally since I disagree with them that means I'm the ignorant one, and well accusing anyone of being an "old white man" when they aren't PC is just their natural knee jerk reaction.

#22 Ukulelemike

Ukulelemike

Just a Servant

• Moderators
  • 2,528 posts
Excellent
  • LocationNE California

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

Some people were talking about those tattoos many women get on their lower backs, often some sort of what they call tribal design. These typically are very low on the back. As they were all offering their opinions on such I mentioned that I don't care for them. Apparently I was the only one who didn't. Suddenly I was an ignorant, intolerant, old white man who shouldn't have any say anyway.

Rather ironic since all there were white, at least two were my age or a bit older, a couple others just a few years younger, the rest in their 20s or 30s. According to them, any negative view of such tattoos automatically meant I was racist (must be since the tattoo design is of non-white tribal design), I'm intolerant (I never said they weren't free to get the things, only that I don't care for them), and naturally since I disagree with them that means I'm the ignorant one, and well accusing anyone of being an "old white man" when they aren't PC is just their natural knee jerk reaction.

Just let them know that they are free to get their tramp stamps if they like, as it will better identify them to others for what they are. That will make you popular.

#23 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 61,028 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:38 PM

I've mentioned this among family before and since some have such tattoos they didn't take it kindly. I've pointed out such at work and elsewhere and people really don't like hearing that.

It's interesting that they get these tattoos in a place they must be wearing very low cut jeans and a short top for them to be seen, or at least partially seen; and if someone notices them and compliments them they are all smiles and kind but if someone notices and says anything not accepting they are attacked for looking and called all sort of names.

Reminds me of when I was in an office and a well endowed woman was wearing a very immodest top and one of her coworkers told her she liked her top and she was all gushing over the compliment. Later a lady attempted to quietly point out to her that her top was revealing way to much and thought she might want to do up some buttons or the zipper or whatever it was. The woman in the immodest top was instantly furious and lashed out at the woman for looking where she shouldn't have been looking, for commenting upon her clothes, for sticking her nose in other peoples business, etc. Had I been a woman I would have come to the modest woman's support, but being a man, the subject under discussion, the location and my wife not being there, I didn't think it would be appropriate.

The point being, these people want others looking at their bodies and they purposefully dress in ways that show off parts of their bodies (whether there is a tattoo there or not). They love the compliments, the lustful stares and such but if someone dares not think their immodesty is great or their tattoos are beautiful, they are quick to lash out at them.

Sad to say, but I've witnessed similar among Christians where one Christian woman will be wearing an immodest dress but demand she be considered modestly dressed simply because she's wearing a dress. These same women lash out hatefully when a Christian lady tries to point out the immodesty. For some reason, it's becoming ever more acceptable for women to wear immodest dresses in church. For a long while now it's been acceptable for Christian women to wear immodest dresses for weddings in the church. Sometimes even exposing tattoos in places we shouldn't be able to see.

(I still can't understand why a Christian dad or groom would be agreeable to their daughter or bride wearing an immodest dress to get married in)

#24 Miss Daisy

Miss Daisy

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
Excellent
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

I was saved in nursing school. My teacher was a born again Christian, southern Baptist. And I know she prayed for all her students. By the end of school I was only a Christian for a few months, about 1/2 dropped out so my starting class I think 12 of us actually finished. Anyway, since my only working history has been in nursing I can say that some are just an embarrassment to the rest. Wherever I worked, I was always appalled at the unprofessionalism of other nurses. You were ok if you were one of "them", the ones who partied together after work. Hungover next day they would laugh and cut up about it. Most in my later years of nursing, had tattoos. My teacher instilled in us, and was practiced in nursing school, tattoos were covered up, no jewelry other than wedding ring, no nail polish, no perfume, ironed uniforms. It stuck with me and I always tried to appear professional. The one's that smoked were always the partiers, in school and at work. Now employers can't push those standards on their nurses. Black nurses almost always had super long, bright polish nails with multiple rings. Who wants a nurse that reeks of smoke, is hungover,and is tattooed? I know I don't.

#25 No Nicolaitans

No Nicolaitans

♫ The B-I-B-L-E...yes, that's the book for me. ♫

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

I've met some nurses that I wondered how they even graduated high-school...much less Nursing School.

#26 Miss Daisy

Miss Daisy

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
Excellent
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

Me too. We had one lady in our class that none of us would ever want her as a nurse! How she graduated was a mystery to me and my classmates. She was nice, but would get so nervous just talking to you that she fluttered her eyes shut when talking. She got a job after school where her mom worked as a nurse also, otherwise I don't think she would have got a job. 

#27 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 61,028 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:43 AM

My daughter is a nurse and virtually all the nurses she works with are foul mouthed, heavy drinkers, partiers, most smoke and they all have children out marriage. A few are somewhat polite on the job but most are just crass and my daughter is having a tough time battling to keep their language, mannerisms and attitudes from rubbing off on her. She has went so far as to switch shifts so as to get away from the worst ones.

My niece is a CNA at the hospital and when my wife was there for knee surgery and I would visit her before she came home I would walk through the wing my niece worked. While talking with her I could overhear a couple others there continually talking about sex and getting drunk and what patients they thought were hot or gross. They acted like poorly raised schoolgirls with no manners or morals. My niece said that's all they do and herself and others have to pick up the slack. My niece said most of the nurses and CNAs she works with are just like the ones by daughter works around. On their off days they hire babysitters to watch their children and they go out and party, get drunk, sleep with some guy, go home and sleep it off and the go out and do it again until it's time to go back to work. She said several of them come to work obviously still hung over or high.

I can see why some people really hate going to hospitals and some are even scared to be there.

#28 Miss Daisy

Miss Daisy

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
Excellent
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

The medical profession may have respect but the so-called "professionals" just don't anymore. A microcosm of the rest of the world.

Also, in the military there's a reason for separation for the officers not to fraternize with the enlisted because it blurs the lines at work and discipline is difficult to your friends. That's one of the problems with nursing also. Nurses who party with CNA's can't discipline them when they're not doing their job.

(of course I know there's always some military personnel who fraternize, but there has always been rule breakers, but if was usually because of a woman).

Edited by Miss Daisy, 16 July 2014 - 10:45 AM.

#29 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 61,028 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

Nearly all aspects of professionalism that have to do with Christian morals has been cast aside. It's really terrible that there is almost no safe place to go anymore where one isn't bombard with in-your-face filth of one kind or another.

On a more positive note, I thought maybe I should point out one bright exception to the abundance of "naughty nurses" out there. Our little town has a small clinic owned and run by a nurse practitioner who employs one woman who handles all the paperwork and office stuff, one who handles the front window, appointments and such, and two nurses. The nurse practitioner is a member of our church and she's on our churches Board of Christian Education (which I'm on as well). All of the women she employs are members of our church. All five of these women have good, healthy Christian marriages and children they had with their husbands after marriage. All of these women dress modestly and professionally. There is a sign near the front window that says if anyone is using curse words or starts otherwise speaking inappropriately they will be asked to leave and refused service.

I get blood work at the clinic every six weeks. This morning I arrived early and the door was still locked so I just waited on the little porch area at the front door. When they opened the door the lady that runs the front window apologized for being late to open the door because they had been doing their daily Bible reading and prayer before the clinic opened and they had run a little late. How refreshing! I certainly don't mind waiting a few minutes because the ladies who are going to be helping folks with health matters are reading the Word and praying before they start their work day!

#30 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

Waiting patiently (ahem) for grandchildren...

• Moderators
  • 17,861 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

There are several ladies in our church who are nurses.  They are very professional, as are a good chunk of nurses in the area. Not all, certainly, but many. My hubby was in the emergency room a while back (about 3 months ago) and the nurses there were great. Of course, it's a Catholic institution, and all of their hospitals are staffed by good workers.  I don't know if that makes any difference or not.

#31 AVBibleBeliever

AVBibleBeliever

A True AV Bible Believer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
Excellent
  • LocationCentral Virginia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

20 years ago it was getting drunk on the holy spirit and the proponents called themselves holy ghost bar tenders.  Now the new generation they are the token the holy spirit and they are the holy ghost dealers.

Bunch of trash

#32 whisperingsage

whisperingsage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:14 AM

My nursing class in 2003-2004 was scary. And this was just to the Licensed nurse level. (3 semesters). The girl in front of me was otherwise a cute little blond, but she made herself rude and piggish in her speech, she used slang such that she didn't understand basic English enough to understand the tests. She would openly insult the teachers and accuse them of "ef--ing" with her. Because she couldn't understand the wording. I sat behind her for 3 semesters having to see her tramp stamp on her hips displayed. One girl threw candy penises around the room. She also snored through class and yet got straight A's so she absorbed in her sleep. She slapped me hard on the bottom during our last clinicals. When I complained to the teacher I found out all that time, the teachers expected us to discipline fellow students. They never explained that before. I expected the teachers to discipline the students and they never did. So all of our expectations were unspoken and it was poor communication.

I was appalled at about 1/2 my classmates and hoped I never have to be their patient.

Edited by whisperingsage, 17 July 2014 - 12:19 AM.

#33 Ukulelemike

Ukulelemike

Just a Servant

• Moderators
  • 2,528 posts
Excellent
  • LocationNE California

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

20 years ago it was getting drunk on the holy spirit and the proponents called themselves holy ghost bar tenders.  Now the new generation they are the token the holy spirit and they are the holy ghost dealers.

Bunch of trash

And indeed, they are going further with calling their "church" the crack house, and talking about being holy meth heads and acting like they're snorting from the Bible.

40 years ago, or more, we had the Jesus People movement, now Calvary Chapel, with Lonnie Frisbee, who found Jesus supposedly while on an LSD trip. They gave us the beginnings of the CCM, melding contemporary hippy music slightly altered to be to or about Jesus. That begn the  purposely emulating the world, and some of the worst of the world, by imitating rebellious rock and roll. So of course, once that's mainstream, we need to go further, so we had spirit drunkenness, and uncontrollable laughter. And wicked begets wicked begets wicked, now the youth have gone further, pretending to get high on Jesus, smoking baby Jesus blunts and snorting the word of God like cocaine. Once the floodgates opened with unscriptural activities in the name of Jesus, the flood waters have risen into full-blown gross apostasy.

edited to add: And of course, CCM has moved with it, giving us now 'Christian" death metal and rap and punk and such things, I mean, death metal? Really? Isn't death exactly the opposite of what Christ, who is Life, is all about?  We seve Jesus Christ, the Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief, so some have to laugh uncontrollably like idiotic fools and credit the Spirit of God with it. We serve Jesus Christ, who is the Resurrection and the Life and some offer Him death metal music as a sacrifice?  We are told to be "sober, just, holy, temperate," so some have Bible and Brew meetings and act like they are stoned and giggling? 

Satan has really scored some heavy points against the name of Jesus, when this is what the world believes to be the churches.

#34 AVBibleBeliever

AVBibleBeliever

A True AV Bible Believer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

the Jesus People group of the 60's broke up into three groups, 1) the Jesus People (still active today), 2) Calvary Chapel and 3) Vineyard.  From what I have read, Maranatha music and Vineyard music came from these churches and are the two main promoters of the Girl/boyfriend/God Songs known as CCM.  Not all CCM is wrong, songs like In Christ Alone would be an exception (the original is Classical orchestration and not Rock style).

CC once touting to be biblically balance started going off balance before Chuck passed on, he was in the hospital from 2010-12 and did very little in leadership those two years.  The current leader Brian Broderson(sp?) was leading during that time.  Once Churck died all --- broke loose.  We separated in 2011 after confronting the leadership and got a "well if you don't like it leave response".  So we disassociated.  We are currently Independent Bible Believing.

~Edited to remove curse word...speaking of the place in light of how scripture uses it is fine, but not in general as referenced here. Moderator. ~

#35 AVBibleBeliever

AVBibleBeliever

A True AV Bible Believer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
Excellent

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

~Edited to remove curse word...speaking of the place in light of how scripture uses it is fine, but not in general as referenced here. Moderator. ~

first of all I don't curse, second, I did not use the word H**l as a curse word it was a reference to the fires of it breaking forth in these churches.  Just like when Jesus said,  Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Jesus Reference here is not so much about the place as the influence of it in his church.

Just to be clear to tell someone to go to H**l. that is a literal curse.  When you use it you are cursing them to H**l.

the sense I used it was about demonic influence and doctrines taking over from sound doctrine.

Seems a little to much PC censorship.

But do as you like

Edited by AVBibleBeliever, 18 July 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#36 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

Waiting patiently (ahem) for grandchildren...

• Moderators
  • 17,861 posts
Excellent

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

first of all I don't curse, second, I did not use the word H**l as a curse word it was a reference to the fires of it breaking forth in these churches.  Just like when Jesus said,  Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Jesus Reference here is not so much about the place as the influence of it in his church.

Just to be clear to tell someone to go to H**l. that is a literal curse.  When you use it you are cursing them to H**l.

the sense I used it was about demonic influence and doctrines taking over from sound doctrine.

Seems a little to much PC censorship.

But do as you like

Wording it the way did was most certainly cursing.   What you said was not the same thing as what Jesus said, and so is no comparison.  You might think it's too much pc censoring, and that's fine - we all have our opinions.  But it isn't allowed, and so will not stand. Thanks.

#37 Jim_Alaska

Jim_Alaska

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
Excellent
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

This is one of the most blasphemous videos of modern "Christianity" I have ever seen. 

Notice in the video how the testimonies are so far from true convictions.  One of the young men talks like just his hugging someone saved the person.  No Gospel preached whatsoever.  smh

After reading your first sentence I have trouble understanding why you or anyone else would ever watch any part of it.

Sorry, but I wouldn't even give it the credibility of clicking on anything such as you have described.

#38 Standing Firm In Christ

Standing Firm In Christ

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,103 posts
Excellent
  • LocationSee Bio

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:21 AM

You wouldn't be able to watch it now anyway.  Youtube reports it was  removed because of copyright infringement

#39 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 61,028 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:36 AM

There was an area youth minister who had an odd hair style. He didn't have a Mohawk but the middle portion of his hair was longer than the rest. He dyed that part purple! He also grew a goatee and dyed it. Then he got "Christian tattoos", all so he could "better relate to young people so he could share that Christians are just like them and can have fun too".

I've yet to see in Scripture such a charge given to followers of Christ. In fact, the charge given to Christians would seem to be near the opposite.

#40 AVBibleBeliever

AVBibleBeliever

A True AV Bible Believer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

There was an area youth minister who had an odd hair style. He didn't have a Mohawk but the middle portion of his hair was longer than the rest. He dyed that part purple! He also grew a goatee and dyed it. Then he got "Christian tattoos", all so he could "better relate to young people so he could share that Christians are just like them and can have fun too".

I've yet to see in Scripture such a charge given to followers of Christ. In fact, the charge given to Christians would seem to be near the opposite.

better yet one that says we are to be conformed to the word.

Roms 8:29 ¶ For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Roms 12:1, 3 ¶ I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.   And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Not being conformed to this world is a living sacrifice that we make.  When we choose to look like those in the world we are not willing to be a living sacrifice which is acceptable unto God.  They need to be taught this as a first principle doctrine of separation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500