#21 candlelight

candlelight

Super Contributor

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

My point is that you don't need to be combative about it.  Your statement that I bolded is completely wrong.  His opinions are as welcome as yours, which you have shared in abundance in the past - as have we all.

I'm glad you're calm. AVBB doesn't need statistical proof - all anyone need do is look around at the current product of public schools. Not ALL of them, but many.  And there are many Christian women who are feminist without intention because of what they were taught.  *shrugs* I've been in a lot of churches, met a lot of Christian women who attended public school, and it is a truth. It is a given that what people are taught in school will follow them throughout life. Oftentimes even after they are saved.

Nothing was broad-brushed. Broadbrushing would be be to say that every single Christian woman who went to public school is a feminist. That wasn't what was said.  So let's move on...

I am not being combative.  I am sorry that my post to AVBB came across that way.  I am just being blunt.

Funny thing is that many born again Christians who attend public school and are grounded in there local IFB church are not feminist, nor do they lack understanding of God's word.  Their parents teach them at home.  Remember, not all Christians can afford Christian school and not all can home school their children.  These children I am speaking of, become adults and go on for higher learning in the local Independent Baptist Church.  Their days in public school has not affected them at all.

As with my family, we did not know any Baptists and weren't privy to anything but public or parochial school.  My parents chose public school as they were forced to attend parochial school by their parents.  I only attended parochial school b/c of the rash of kidnappings in my neighborhood, and the public school extended the lunch hour.  My mom was working outside of the home, and both of my parents thought it was much safer to attend parochial school, as they had a school lunch program.  Praise God those years taught me nothing, except the Trinity (godhead).  Some of the strongest Christians I know attended public schools.  I meet them all the time.  Many IFB pastors have attested to this as well.  

It would be nice if IFB's wouldn't slight Christians who have attended public school.  That is all..

Edited by candlelight, 16 July 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#22 "I am chief"

"I am chief"

1 Tim. 1:15

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

Your post sounds like you made it up yourself, AVBB.  I was raised primarily in public school, aside from two years in parochial school while in junior high.

When the church women had a class on submission, I was completely taken back, as my mother was the most submissive woman that I knew.  I grew up in an RCC home, where the man was certainly the head of the household.  My mom trained her daughters to be like her.  She worked outside the home to send us to college, b/c she wanted us to fall back on something if our husband's should pass on.  Little did she know that my first marriage was to an abusive man who would have murdered me, if I stayed with him.  I am not a feminist and will never be one.  My second husband is the head of my household.  I don't know where you get off with your post about women going to public school being feminist.  Do you have proof to back this up?  Statistics?  Anything?  I resent you calling me a feminist b/c I was reared primarily in a public school system, of which was and still is the best public school system in the State of OH.

Hmmm..." I resent you calling me a feminist b/c I was reared primarily in a public school system, of which was and still is the best public school system in the State of OH." Are there more than one public school system here?

#23 candlelight

candlelight

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

Hmmm..." I resent you calling me a feminist b/c I was reared primarily in a public school system, of which was and still is the best public school system in the State of OH." Are there more than one public school system here?

Hudson schools on the east side of town and Rocky River schools on the west side of town have been rated as the best school districts in the State of OH, many years running.

#24 "I am chief"

"I am chief"

1 Tim. 1:15

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

Hudson schools on the east side of town and Rocky River schools on the west side of town have been rated as the best school districts in the State of OH, many years running.

Oh...ok, you meant districts. I was afraid taxes were going up again to support another public school system.

#25 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

Waiting patiently (ahem) for grandchildren...

• Moderators
  • 17,663 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

It would be nice if IFB's wouldn't slight Christians who have attended public school.  That is all..

No-one was slighting anyone. Well, unless you want us to say you're slighting IFB's...I know you aren't, but we could say you are.  Just don't be jumping to the conclusion that someone's comment is a slight for which you need to take offense.  That is all.

:11backtotopic:

#26 AVBibleBeliever

AVBibleBeliever

A True AV Bible Believer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
Excellent
  • LocationCentral Virginia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

Candlelight, I never called you a feminist. 

#27 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

Waiting patiently (ahem) for grandchildren...

• Moderators
  • 17,663 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

Candlelight, I never called you a feminist. 

Let's just move on... :thumb:

#28 AVBibleBeliever

AVBibleBeliever

A True AV Bible Believer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
Excellent
  • LocationCentral Virginia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:45 PM

Let's just move on... :thumb:

Thanks Happy I did n't realize until after I posted that you had addressed the issue.  I wasn't going to get into a debate or argument over it I just wanted her to be sure I had not said she was a feminist.

Moving along now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500