So, to use an UNBIBLICAL term as a true bible believer is ok?
God's words are very important and as such so should our words. The more we use it to speak of a fellowship of believers, in reference to their building and location and denomination as the CHURCH, the more we promote a false doctrine.
Many of us would say that we need to be active like JW's in leading people to Christ. And the JW's are a head of us in not calling the location or the assembly of believers building a church. they use the unbiblical term "Kingdom Hall". The term company and fellowship are biblical terms that represent the assembly.
Our group has decided that when it is time to get a central location to assemble and fellowship.
1) We will do so by putting the building and lot in the name of a trust and not anyone believer or an organization.
2) there will be no sign, name or any symbol on the outside of the building identifying us with any sect or denomination (these are unbiblical as well).
3) The assembling believers will be responsible to take care of the building and grounds corporately.
4) the Assembling believers will be responsible for building and land tax. there will be no non-profit status and no openly/publicized/or preached collection of tithes and offerings (to do so puts you under the govt control as income and tax needs to be paid). Also the assembly will be responsible to build and finance to build the building used for fellowship as God moves on their heart.
5) There will be elders appointed to see to the ministry of the saints in the fellowship. these elders are on the same level no one is over the other. None will try to manipulate the others for personal benefit or control. the decisions necessary for purchases of any equipment or for outreaches will be first cleared on by a majority of the elders and then it is taken to the fellowship, the church the members of the body of Christ meeting there for final vote and it will be done only by majority.
6) Those with the gift of pastor/teachers shall be asked to teach and to pastor, those with the gift of ministry will administer, those with the gift of helps will help, and so on. No person in the body of Christ will be denied the free exercise of a spiritual gift except if it goes against the clear inspiration of God's word. And each person will do so with the consent of the whole body of Christ.
7) Any attempt by any member of the body of Christ attempting to cause division, self promotion, or in open sin will be rebuked. If there is no repentance of such actions the assembly of believers will upon majority put that person out of fellowship.
8) All teaching will be from the word of God and those who are teaching will study to show themselves approved, and their teaching will be both book by book through the Bible as well as topical. Those who are taught the word will communicate in all good things with those who teach the word as to supplement their lifestyle so that they can give themselves to the word and prayer.
9) the larger the fellowship the more the members of the body of Christ will be used to teach, minister and help.
10) If people in another area want to have a fellowship with like standards we will recognize them as the body of Christ and will send teachers to them and they to us for teaching. Also, a Bishop will be appointed to each fellowship to oversee that the fellowships are keeping to the above Biblical standards and means of teaching and practices.
Edited by AVBibleBeliever, 23 July 2014 - 06:29 AM.