• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
Excellent
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

Photo question of the day.

http://libertyblitzk...PM-1024x690.jpg

Edited by ThePilgrim, 13 August 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#2 John81

John81

Running to Win

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,344 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

Unfortunately this is becoming the norm in America and it's only getting worse. Many police departments across the country have received "left over" war vehicles (from armoured Humvees to armoured personnel carriers and the like).

More and more police departments are being trained in military tactics along with increased federal "supervision and training".

Today we have police forces breaking into old couples houses dressed and armed as if they were Navy Seals sent to take out terrorists.

No longer does "innocent until proven guilty" mean much. No longer is Officer Friendly on the beat, making friendly connections with the neighborhood residents. Rather it's more likely to be Officer Militant on duty with and engrained mindset of being superior and citizens being viewed as probable criminals in need of swift "justice".

I'm all for law and order, but it must be properly established and carried out. The militarizing of the police and de facto federalizing of the police is a serious breech of right and power.

#3 "I am chief"

"I am chief"

1 Tim. 1:15

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,415 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

Ordinarily I would agree with some of these unconfirmed thoughts. This is a picture of what? What is the context of this picture?

However, I've been listening to what many of the police chiefs and sheriff's departments trained in urban terror combat are saying; they may be the first line of defense against a federal government run afoul of their positional authority in the constitution by the consent of the governed.

Maybe folks near the cities with 'social agenda' and 'progressive' politicians have need to fear but, not so much for those of us God has graced with a rural dwelling where conservative values hold sway.

#4 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

Waiting patiently (ahem) for grandchildren...

• Moderators
  • 17,562 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

This was actually taken in MO, where all that rioting is going on.  Black people destroying white people's businesses.  It's sad that it comes to profiling, but that is what is happening (at least was...don't know if it's stopped yet) there.  And that is what they are trumpeting - destroying businesses owned by white people.  Interestingly, there are some businesses that haven't been destroyed...guess why?   :icon_smile:

#5 Miss Daisy

Miss Daisy

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
Excellent
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

Maybe if you posted this picture two weeks earlier you'd get a different response, but not after what happened in Missouri. I'd like to post a lot more but I'm not going to be called a racist but if you look at real statistics of crime in America they tell the story for themselves.

#6 利百加 (Li Bai Jia)

利百加 (Li Bai Jia)

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

From my understanding of the situation, there was an unarmed black teen shot and killed by police(the news on that story didn't go into details so I don't know much about why they shot and killed him). Apparently some people in his neighborhood attempted to do a peaceful march, but violent people took over and rioting began. Some people just want to use any wrong doing by the police as an excuse to start violence. The rioting called for more/intense police intervention, hence the riot gear and military look in most of the photos. I don't agree with militarizing local police forces, but seriously, do you expect them to go up against rioting mobs in standard police uniforms? The gear they wear is for their protection, and they don't know who or when someone is going to attack them in a situation like that, so someone on the street during a riot might be told to stop and raise their hands while having a gun or rifle pointed at them. Any photo taken out of context of the riot will always make the police look like the bad guys. And maybe they were the bad guys initially, I don't know, but violent rioting calls for harsh measures. 

#7 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 60,344 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

When the police should be doing something they sit on their hands and let things get worse. On the first night of the riots and looting the police decided not to do anything because they didn't want to upset the blacks. One doesn't have to wonder very much if they would have even had such a thought if the rioters/looters were white.

In the meantime, innocent business owners have their stores vandalized, ransacked and pilfered. This will cost the business owners greatly.

Police have long had riot gear, which is different than full combat gear. I'm not against police protecting themselves. It's the police who go about conducting what used to be routine business in full blown combat gear, hidden faces, often using "no knock warrants" and aggressive commando tactics without cause.

I live in a very rural area. Probably as conservative or more than many areas in America. Many policemen I've known have had to retire early or leave the force because of the intrusion of federal power, State power grabs, and political pressure to conform.

If criminals were rightly dealt with, there would be no apparent need for police to be militarized. However, that wouldn't suit the powers that be which want full control, want the population to feel threatened and scared so they go along with the militarization of the police.

Unfortunately, if every sheriffs department in a state decided to take a stand, they wouldn't be able to hold off 101st Airborne, let alone the entire military. They would be labeled as traitors, domestic terrorists, and crushed as a warning to any others who might have such thoughts.

Look at history and see that every nation which has gone down the road America is going right now ended up in a police state.

#8 DaveW

DaveW

Resident Aussie and general dumb bloke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
Excellent
  • LocationI'm a West Aussie

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

Was it here somewhere that a video was linked showing where some police came across a game of street basketball?
They blocked the street with their cars, and approached the kids - and asked for the ball - and proceeded to get their backsides handed back to them in a game of 3 on 3......

Some other kid caught it his phone and posted it - and the police didn't even get in trouble over it.

Now they roll up every now and then and repeat.

Now THAT is how to do street relations. ....

Some of them are alright. ;)

#9 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 60,344 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

Did anyone see the story of the huge SWAT team that told a group of demonstrators (not rioters) that they were not being denied their constitutional right to assemble but were being ordered go home? There was an armoured vehicle and it looked more like a platoon of combat soldiers than police.

A guy I know who lives near there said the police are all over, carrying heavy weapons, and blocking off several areas. He said there was a request put out by the mayor or police chief that there be no nighttime demonstrations planned but the police were not allowing peaceful demonstrations in the daytime even while telling the people they weren't being denied demonstrating.

#10 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 60,344 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:39 PM

Breaking News just 11 minutes old. Two reporters were arrested there without provocation. No reason given, they were apparently arrested to keep them from reporting on what's happening there.

#11 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 60,344 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

My friend just sent another note saying the two reporters have been released. Upon release they were told they didn't leave a business quick enough after police decided to shut the business down.

He says there is a lot of confusion on the streets with the police giving conflicting stories and orders.

What a mess.

#12 2bLikeJesus

2bLikeJesus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
Excellent
  • LocationRoseburg, OR

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

Thank you Lord for placing me in a small logging community in Southern Oregon.  No race issues here.  I think there may be 5 black people in this town, and I don't think I have ever heard any locals speak Spanish here.  When Dell had a call center here in Roseburg, I remember that we could not find a single bi-lingual sales representative out of 400 reps.  We had to forward those calls to the call center in Round Rock, TX.  

#13 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 60,344 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

I'm very thankful I live in the middle of nowhere. You couldn't pay me enough to live in a city.

#14 "I am chief"

"I am chief"

1 Tim. 1:15

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,415 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:54 PM

When the police should be doing something they sit on their hands and let things get worse. On the first night of the riots and looting the police decided not to do anything because they didn't want to upset the blacks. One doesn't have to wonder very much if they would have even had such a thought if the rioters/looters were white.

In the meantime, innocent business owners have their stores vandalized, ransacked and pilfered. This will cost the business owners greatly.

Police have long had riot gear, which is different than full combat gear. I'm not against police protecting themselves. It's the police who go about conducting what used to be routine business in full blown combat gear, hidden faces, often using "no knock warrants" and aggressive commando tactics without cause.

I live in a very rural area. Probably as conservative or more than many areas in America. Many policemen I've known have had to retire early or leave the force because of the intrusion of federal power, State power grabs, and political pressure to conform.

If criminals were rightly dealt with, there would be no apparent need for police to be militarized. However, that wouldn't suit the powers that be which want full control, want the population to feel threatened and scared so they go along with the militarization of the police.

Unfortunately, if every sheriffs department in a state decided to take a stand, they wouldn't be able to hold off 101st Airborne, let alone the entire military. They would be labeled as traitors, domestic terrorists, and crushed as a warning to any others who might have such thoughts.

Look at history and see that every nation which has gone down the road America is going right now ended up in a police state.

This is pure conjecture and unfounded.

The local police in my rural area are very well known members of the community and support the community. I won't go into detail but they are here for the community; yours maybe not so much. Sheriffs departments across the nation are bucking the anti-second amendment attacks and they're vocal about not supporting the gun grabbers. So, the more 'military' hardware they have in their arsenal the better I like it. I don't know where you get your information but it isn't so. Rural police and sheriffs have not had to stand up and voice their support yet for their communities but having spoken to MANY I know they will; better than that...I know them personally. Police and sheriffs are members of your community and they care about you and not Washington D.C.

If I were in Washington I wouldn't count too much on the military either. Having questioned military members on Air Force, Navy, and Army bases about their stand on internal U.S. issues, I have a much better idea of how they feel about government intervention. Having an ID card that says "Indef" gives me inroads others don't have.

Sheriffs across the United States are refuse to enforce tougher gun control laws

Colorado    

Detroit, Michigan (Police Chief) advocates for gun ownership.

Milwaukee Sheriff

Connecticut

I have evidence of what I'm saying. Sheriffs and local police are the best friends we have as constitutional law abiding citizens. 2nd Amend. support is only the tip of the iceberg of issues at odds with your local police and sheriff.

I made it a point to meet and talk with my local sheriff. He is a good man who cares for our community.

#15 ThePilgrim

ThePilgrim

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

First let me say this about the shooting of the young man in Missouri by an out of control cop.  A killing that was not necessary, a killing that if it was not murder it was negligent homocide.  The cop was totally unfit to be a police officer.  I like peace officers, but I don't like thugs.  I like peace officers not Law Enforcement Officers.  . . . there is a big difference between the two titles.  I like peace officers who mean what they said when they took their oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States. I like peace officers who belong to the following organization: http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

As far as rioters and looters I pretty much agree with this fella: http://www.liveleak....=af2_1407944916

#16 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 60,344 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:08 AM

The man knows what he's talking about but the audience he's trying to reach is full of the lost who love sin, love giving into the flesh, love the ways of the world and think it's fun serving the devil. That's why after 50+ years they continue in the same circle. How much easier to live like wild fools, take every opportunity to blame others for your problems, jump at any chance to engage in theft and destruction, all while pointing to that boogey-man even many of them no longer believe in, the evil white man.

Rioting and looting, until after the middle of the 20th century, were consider extremely serious crimes. These crimes were considered as open rebellion and a matter of life and death. They were dealt with as such. As quickly as possible when such occurred, virtually regardless of nation, police were brought in to end the rioting and looting with full force if the rioters/looters didn't disperse. If force was necessary they didn't play around with rubber bullets or bean bags, they fired real bullets for real effect. Nothing ends mob violence, and prevents it from coming back, like a few criminals being dropped by bullets and others being arrested on serious charges as they fail to allude the police charge.

Since the second half of the 20th century rioting and looting in America has become a non-serious offense, in some cases a "right", and nearly always something to tolerate for at least a day, sometimes longer. Then, after days of destruction, few (if any) of the criminals are charged; and if they are charged most get off or receive a slap on the wrist. Afterwards the government steps in and awards millions of dollars to benefit the very people who caused the destruction.

When strong application of law enforcement is necessary (meaning really needed) I'm all for it. Get in quick, hit hard.

For regular police duties, we need the peace officer, the officer who cares for the community and gets to know the people in the community. The peace officer who uses his head first and seeks fairness and justice.

#17 ThePilgrim

ThePilgrim

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

From one of the conservatives favorite (although not mine) politicians.

http://time.com/3111...erguson-police/

#18 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 60,344 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

Overall an excellent article even if I disagree with him on a couple points and I don't believe he should have spoken to the specifics of the case until more is known.

There are several different stories out there of what occurred that night. There is the story this teen was walking in the street, the police drove up and told him to not walk in the street, then supposedly the cop shot him for no reason.

Then there is the story the teen pushed the cop in his car, made threats and was shot.

The other main story I've seen is that the teen not only pushed the cop but tried to get his gun, the gun fired in the car during the struggle and then the cop got control of the gun and shot the teen.

Those right there in Ferguson say the media is missing or twisting what's really going on.

The fact citizens have had their cell phones and video cameras illegally confiscated is a serious breech. There have also been several reports of the police targeting citizens in their own yards and ordering citizens in whole blocks to not come out their door for any reason.

Now the Governor of Missouri has ordered the local police to stand down and has sent the Missouri State police in to take over.

Meanwhile, those who keep trying to make this all about race are not helping. Neither are those taking sides when the facts are not yet available.

#19 DaveW

DaveW

Resident Aussie and general dumb bloke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
Excellent
  • LocationI'm a West Aussie

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Well there is (almost) no way that the police just drove up and shot him for the fun of it.
But level of action that provoked the reaction is what is apparently unknown.

It could be anything from the teen giving lip to an officer who had already had a really bad day, to the teen aggressively attacking the officer who feared for his life.

I am constantly amazed at hearing people tell stories about how they were unjustly treated, but on further investigation they were the instigator with their attitude and actions.
Like the guy who gets pulled over for speeding who tells the officer that they should be chasing "real criminals", then wonders why the police decide to search his car or book him for that broken tail light.

This does not discount the bad officers, of which there certainly are a few.

#20 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 60,344 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

Anyone seen the new reports and pictures coming out regarding the "little, innocent good kid" that was shot by a policeman? It seems, once again, the reported "innocent, good kid" was actually something else. In this case they are showing pictures of him flashing gang signs, and there are reports he was a thief and bully.

Also, when they reported the name of the officer who shot the "kid" (who was 16 and big enough built to pose a threat and hurt someone), they said the officer suffered injuries during the incident. That would suggest there was violent contact between the officer and "kid" prior to the shooting.

As the black man in the video from post #15 says, the main reason blacks get into trouble with police is because they start trouble with the police.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500