Online Baptist
HappyChristian

Please pray for the Cseh family

This morning's update:

Last week, Attila's irregular heartbeats restarted, and he had a fainting episode. This Thursday, he collapsed and was admitted to the hospital for two days. Aside from his heartbeat issues, he has a partially separated shoulder and cracked a rib (and a slight bump on the head).

We were able to bring Attila home this evening, and we have cardiology and orthopedic surgeon appointments this next week. Please pray for healing and wisdom for the doctors, as he has now passed out three times in the past five weeks. 

Attila is in good spirits, and it is hard to tell how much pain he is in, as the kids and I have learned that the more he makes jokes and kids around, the worse pain he is in....at the hospital, they gave him IV pain meds (Dilaudid), and they were higher doses, so he was able to get some relief from the pain.

We are very blessed, as God has provided for our needs in so many ways. I am always amazed at how our children look at this situation like a new adventure. At the hospital, Samuel, Daniel and Esther would share Attila's bed space, and they are so loving to him. Today, we had a hospital picnic in Attila's room, and we had a great time with our pastor and Mrs. Teesdale. They feel like family to us and our children. We are so blessed!!

Please keep praying for Atilla and Kimberly. They need the Lord's strength and healing. Latest update:

We covet your prayers!

The latest...
Please pray for us tonight and this morning. Attila is back in the hospital. He had another episode, and they admitted him. He also hurt his wrist, shoulder, and knee. Tomorrow, they have him meeting with an electrophysiologist (heart electrician), a neurologist and an orthopedic surgeon (his shoulder is now separated worse than his previous fall).

At the hospital, they took CT scans, MRI, and they put him on IV dosages of pain medications.

We are starting to get concerned with the next steps, because we thought we would be past this by now, and it almost feels like being back where we started. Our lease and the financial coverage for our stay runs out in the next few months, and we are working to raise funds to continue until Attila's problems can be fixed or made more stable.

Attila has been refinishing furniture to raise funds, but his health has forced him to stay in bed and rest lately. Please pray for him, because he needs/wants to at least work on furniture to keep his sanity and us above water - he is also getting very good at what he is doing. On the 27th, it will be exactly one year when all of this started. In some ways, it feels like yesterday and in some other ways, it feels like 20 years ago.

We love having a home, having a great church to attend, and even having a new profession of working on furniture. We (Attila and I) are just getting tired lately, and we need your prayers 1f642.png:) Between the health problems, the finance unknowns, and the medical unknowns, we are a little worn down. God has been so good to us in the past year, and HE has blessed us in unbelievable ways. This setback was a little harder on Attila and I, and we just need prayer and help to get us through.

Things have been quiet on the Attila front until this past week. Here is an update. I thank you for praying for our friends.

"Update on Attila. During the past week, Attila has had some new and very intense issues with his heart. On Friday, he felt worse than at any time during the past 17 months. He is now in the ICU cardiac area, and the doctors shared with us that he has a new heart issue. They recognized that the way his EKG looks, this is a completely new issue.

Tonight, they started him on a "black box drug" (given that name because it can cause death when first taken) and he has to stay in the hospital while they monitor his heart activity. They are giving him EKG every two hours. The next step is surgery - the cardiologist just left his room, and he will watch him all night, but they also discussed next steps and surgery. The idea is to try the new drug and to see the impact on his erratic heart and to have the surgery this Wednesday or Thursday. He will be off of his feet for about 14 days, at least. Please pray as this came at a tough time for us, and it caught us completely off guard."

The latest news:

"They are planning Attila;s surgery for 2-3 weeks from now. Since this will require a more invasive procedure, they will map it out and then perform the surgery. We do have concerns from between then and now, and we are praying that God provides for the rough moments and calms Attila's heart until the surgery date."

Their finances are in jeopardy as well. Attila had just gotten going on a furniture refinishing business which was seeing some good results. Now that's come to a standstill. That, and the added expense of once again traveling to the hospital, parking, etc., is putting an extra strain on Kimberly. I know we all face times of ill health and financial crisis, but this family is really going through it. Please pray for the financial aspect of it as well as the physical and spiritual. The children have the opportunity to see God work in ways many children don't. 

Kimberly just updated with the most recent information.  Please, please be in earnest prayer for this family and for Attila. 

"Finally an update! Thank you for your prayers and love shown to my family!
Today, my husband had his fourth surgery to help repair issues with his heart. This was to be the last surgery to resolve the irregular heart rate he has experience the past 18 months.

Surgery this morning began promptly about 8. Two hours later the nurse called to update me that all was going well and they were able to repair many of the areas that caused extra heartbeats. We were very thankful this morning, that he was having 40-50 extra beats per minute this morning as this enables them to clearly and easily map out the areas of Attila's heart that need repair.

The doctor then came to speak with me, and, sadly, during the surgery, the doctor had struck and area on Attila's heart that caused a heart attack. Now, Attila is in Cardiac ICU, and they are assessing next steps for either repairing the damage or preparing Attila for a longer rehab stint.

Aside from the damage to Attila's heart, his recovery now is estimated at 12-20 weeks. We sincerely need help.

For more details...https://www.gofundme.com/vmnza2n4 "

UPDATE:
Sitting here in the hospital bed with Attila, still dealing with a fever that will not break. Blood tests show infection, however, we're not sure where. If the blood cultures show nothing tomorrow, they plan to do an MRI of the heart to see if there's an infection in the heart, possibly pericarditis.

Tiredness of being in a hospital bed has set in. I think Attila is ready to move on and go home. Each day we travel about an hour to visit him and I can tell he's not improving.

Please pray that the MRI tomorrow will go well and show the necessary source of his infection.

Until tomorrow....

This was yesterday, but I had problems with getting it posted. Please be praying. They are trusting the Lord, but weariness is setting in.

Here is the most recent update:

UPDATE: Attila Cseh
What an unusual week. They finally were able to put Attila through the heart MRI, and the results were worse than expected. Based on the MRI, Attila's heart is now reacting as if he experienced a larger heart attack, as a section of his heart died. His ejection fraction went down to 39%and is now at 45% (this is the rate that explains what percentage of your blood is pumped out per squeeze). Before the surgery, Attila's was 62%.

The plan is to treat Attila for the heart attack caused by a mistake in the procedure they did Tuesday, where they burned his artery in error. He has been given medication that helps patients improve after heart attacks. They also have Attila on a large dosage of aspirin, as he has an inflamed pericardium.

The plan is to let Attila rest for the next two weeks (no activities), and then he goes to the doctor, where they will prescribe cardiac rehab. The rehab will last 12-16 weeks. Their goal is to use the combination of medications and rehab to get his injection fraction back to 50% and above. Attila plans to ask the cardiologist, on the initial visit, if there is anything that is more extreme, to get that part of the heart to improve or get back to normal.

It is strange for me and Attila to be dealing with a major heart attack, when he did not experience the heart attack. It is just the damage to the heart done during his surgery that caused the heart to react and deal with this as a heart attack and for that section of his heart to stop working.

Update on Attila's health:
Today, we had our first doctor's visit with the cardiologist versus the electrophysiologist Attila has seen for the past 16 months. It was good news and delayed good news.

The heart attack that was caused during Attila's surgery happened when they put electricity and burned too close to an artery. The good news was that it was in a location that was not near or on a major artery. The delayed good news is that Attila will have a longer road to recovery, but the doctor fully expects Attila to recovery and get his activity level back to a reasonably normal level.

Since the surgery and heart attack were both traumatic, they want Attila to rest for two more weeks before they start him on heart rehab. Then he will be on the rehab program for 3-5 months.

We are praying for God's hand to provide during the next 4-6 weeks, as we work Attila back into refinishing furniture at a slow pace. During this time, the kids and I will work at supporting the work.

After being off of work for 19 months, Attila is excited to see some clear light at the end of the tunnel for a return to work. It was exciting to hear the answers provided by the doctor today, and I feel more comfortable with the direction he is taking - this does not stop the fact that Attila still has awful attacks daily (due to the meds, his stomach is taking a beating, and they have him scheduled for a stomach dr appointment next week). His blood pressure bottoms out to 90/50 and his heart rate even has gone down as low as 30. They switched dosages today, so hopefully he does not experience that nausea and fainting going forward.

Please pray for his full recovery and for him to experience daily improvements.

This news just came in:

"Well, the good news lasted one whole day....Attila woke up at 2 am today feeling sick. He tried to take meds and wait it out until he felt better, but he kept getting worse so we took him to the hospital.

Good thing we did, as his blood work showed that he still had heart attack enzymes. He is being admitted and they are running an echo and ct scan on him.

Please pray for Attila, as I think he is nearing a point of weariness."

It seems they take one step forward and then two steps backward. I can't imagine being in their position. Please pray.

I haven't updated much, and for that I apologize. Here is the latest - and it isn't good news.

"Three weeks ago, my husband, Attila, had a pacemaker installed. We were expected the best, as part of what we discussed with the doctor. Since then, Attila has gotten sicker and sicker. Previously his heart was performing at 55%-60% on ejection (which is healthy), now he is closer to 40%. All this week he has had fainting issues, and the meds are making him ill. We also learned that the group that has been paying for our rent had a change to their grant (Illinois funding issues), and as of October 31st, they will no longer support us. I am going to say it----I am feeling desperate, as we used to get by with furniture refinishing, but with Attila ill, we have not been able to work on anything in a while. We need to raise two months of rent, as it will take us that much time to find another option or to try and get Attila back into better shape. I am asking people to donate, share, and pray. We have not been in this poor a condition since the start of the heart issues, and I know the stress is hurting Attila, as he feels responsible for providing. We need financial help with rent as much as I need it to help Attila feel more confident. He has hit a low point today, when the test results came in, and he feels quite ill. We need prayer and we need assistance. God has been so good to us for this long, and we need another 2-3 months of help to take the pressure off of Attila."

https://www.gofundme.com/helpaheartfamily