Harry Potter Movie Pushed Back to Summer Release

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:46 AM

Slated to come out for this year?s holiday season, Warner Brothers moved the ?Half-Blood Prince? to a summer release.

http://thecelebrityc...ures/18929.html

The Harry Potter trend really is dying... I've noticed how the books aren't really that popular on Amazon.com anymore, and now the movie date for the 6th book is being pushed back till next summer. It was going to be released on the weekend before Thanksgiving... which would've made it a big holiday movie, but now it's going to be released in the middle of summer.

I'm definitely happy to see this trend go... finally!

#2 jchahl

jchahl

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:29 AM

I read that it had something to do with the writer's strike that happened a while back. I'm not sure why it only affected Harry Potter, though. I read that on IMDB.com, but I don't know how accurate it is.

All kinds of stories running around. lol I thought for sure the news website reported them as saying the writer's strike didn't affect them. Oh well. :frog

There's supposed to be an actor's strike soon, I think.

#3 Angelmiss49

Angelmiss49

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:42 AM

:Green :clap: :clap:

#4 Alimantado

Alimantado

Super Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:36 PM

Until the next one. Tolkien, Terry Pratchett, Hans Christian Andersen, Beatrix Potter, Lewis Carroll, Rudyard Kipling etc., etc.

#5 Kitagrl

Kitagrl

Long Time Member

• Moderators
  • 15,790 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

Actually...I just read, just now, on Fox News, the real reason its being pushed back...because the Radcliffe dude is going to be in a sensational Broadway play in which he appears naked, and also has sex, on stage. They don't want the two to overlap so as not to mar the "virginal" image he plays on Harry Potter.

So now you know the rest of the story.

Enjoy while I go vomit. :gross:

#6 kevinmiller

kevinmiller

Super Contributor

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,749 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

Actually...I just read, just now, on Fox News, the real reason its being pushed back...because the Radcliffe dude is going to be in a sensational Broadway play in which he appears naked, and also has sex, on stage. They don't want the two to overlap so as not to mar the "virginal" image he plays on Harry Potter.

Hm, this is the official word:

"Warner Bros., a unit of Time Warner Inc., said it had decided to make the change to bolster its release schedule for the lucrative summer movie-going season - a period that can account for as much as 40 per cent of Hollywood's annual box office receipts."
http://news.yahoo.co... ... ypotter_dc

#7 Kitagrl

Kitagrl

Long Time Member

• Moderators
  • 15,790 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:11 PM

I guess the article I read could have been speculation...

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:19 PM

I read that it had something to do with the writer's strike that happened a while back. I'm not sure why it only affected Harry Potter, though. I read that on IMDB.com, but I don't know how accurate it is.

#9 kevinmiller

kevinmiller

Super Contributor

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,749 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:01 PM

All kinds of stories running around. lol I thought for sure the news website reported them as saying the writer's strike didn't affect them. Oh well. :frog

#10 brosmith

brosmith

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:03 PM

The play is called "Equus". It is about a guy who has a sexual fascination with horses. :gross: :gross:

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500