Online Baptist
Jim_Alaska

Have you heard this statement?

1 hour ago, Pastorj said:

When my family traveled working with small churches, I came across this a few times. The one that was amazing to me was in Florida. I went out with an individual and it was my turn to talk. I started up a nice conversation with this lady on her doorstep. She was very willing to talk. After presenting the Gospel, I asked her if she had ever heard that before. She told me that she had, but didn't believe it. After some more discussion, my partner asked her if he could pray with her. To my amazement, he led her in the sinners prayer. After he was done, I stopped him and told her that she was not saved, but she could be if she would pray something similar believing. I then took my partner back to the church. On the way back, he was livid that we were stopping soul-winning and that I told her she wasn't saved after he "Led her to Christ".

It was not a fun conversation, but I spent a good hour explaining to him that a prayer doesn't save. After we were done, the pastor showed up and he had a conversation with the Pastor. He reinforced what I had told him and it finally clicked with him. He was zealous to lead people to the Lord, but at been taught wrong.

Praise the Lord that some can still learn.