Photo

Cheeseburger Murder

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kayla

Kayla

Too Blessed to be Depressed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:14 PM

KSDK -- St. Louis Police arrested and charged a 16-year-old for killing a 26-year-old man over a cheeseburger.

The murder occurred Sunday at 12:30 a.m., in the 3800 block of Lee Avenue, according to Erica Van Ross, a spokesperson for the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department.

The victim, identified as Carl Sharp, was sitting on his porch and eating when he was approached by two people who wanted him to give up his burger. Van Ross said the two people left, but one of them returned on a bicycle and shot Sharp three times.

Sharp was pronounced dead at the scene.

On Monday, detectives were able to identify the suspected shooter and found him selling snow cones at the intersection of N. Grand Boulevard and Kossuth Avenue, Van Ross said. He was arrested without incident.

Story Taken from http://www.ksdk.com/... ... yid=151426

Reminds me of this verse in the Bible....
Acts 17:16 Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.

I cry every time I think about St. Louis and New York City(And others) and the lack of strong Gospel Witness in those places. Who will go to our cities?

#2 John81

John81

Running to Win

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,959 posts
Excellent

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

It seems like the cities are filled with various Christian groups and organizations doing one thing or another. What I've not seen is anything like that in the smaller towns and rural areas.

One area I've noticed where I believe a great deal of error takes place in inner-city ministries is the attempt by Christians to try and "fit in" to the inner-city "culture". All too often they go to great effort to try and show they are "just like them", when it's obvious to the inner-city folks they are not.

Rather than presenting Christ to them, they tend to try to become their buddies. They try to dress and emulate them (save for not cussing and such). They try to talk to them about basketball, rap "stars", or about "being poor" and such rather than sharing the Gospel with them.

They set up programs so some inner-city youth can go play basketball "in a safe environment", or they take them out to eat or to a movie or park, and then they send them on their way, still lost, back into the same wicked life they are in the other days and hours of the week.

Where are those who will take Christ to these people rather than social programs or attempts at buddy time?

When Paul went into these areas he preached Christ and Him crucified. He preached this continually, day in and day out. He never ceased to preach the Gospel. This isn't being done today and it shows. :sad

#3 Kayla

Kayla

Too Blessed to be Depressed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:29 AM

:goodpost:

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500