Photo

Winkler murder

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 Kitagrl

Kitagrl

Long Time Member

• Moderators
  • 15,790 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:03 AM

Seems like this case is a bad precedent for, say, teenagers who feel being raised in a "strict" Christian family is "abusive". I just now wrote the CLA to see what bearing the Winkler case has on future "Christian" murder cases.

#22 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:06 AM

They think she's a victim of religious persecution. That's what they think. That's why this case is so dangerous.

This is why Hollywood is so dangerous. It sounds like something you might catch on the show "Cold Case." I am tired of shows mocking Christianity. You are sure to see something like it in the news, eventually. Now, more than ever!

And it's only going to get worse...

Yes. :thumb It seems that all the shows are nothing but garbage. Hubby and I are going to be having a very looong talk about keeping one TV for VHS-DVD movies that are teachable, and then, we can rent any good old-fashioned movies from the library. These TV's are out of here. You know me LuAnne, when I get serious about something, that is it! hehe. I have had it with "Hollyweird" filth. I don't need these TV's---and, hubby will appreciate it in the long run. LOL. The Christian women from my old IFB church (MIL and SIL's) have been telling me not to do this, but the Lord is telling me to muster the strength and get this job done. :bible:

#23 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:43 AM

Obviously neither did the state if she got custody of her kids.

That is a tragedy right there, IMO. These poor children living with a murderous mother. What can the state possibly thinking?

#24 bzmomo7

bzmomo7

Super Contributor

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:34 AM

Texas is actually pretty harsh on a lot of crimes. What these young men did wasn't smart...but definitely wasn't worth 25 years of their lives! They are young men who really love the Lord and have been separated from their families for 5 years now. Sad.

I agree...she should have gotten longer punishment. She took a life - it was not in self-defense, since he was lying on his stomach when she killed him. In the society we live in today it is easy to walk away from a marriage. She chose not to...and I don't believe there was anything psychologically wrong with her. Obviously neither did the state if she got custody of her kids. IMO, she should have been put to death - all murderers should, and that's what she is.

Yup, just like the Bible says.

#25 Salyan

Salyan

Super Contributor

• Moderators
  • 3,310 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:44 AM

Thompson brothers?

#26 Kitagrl

Kitagrl

Long Time Member

• Moderators
  • 15,790 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:05 AM

http://www.remembermybonds.com/

Its not on the website, but its rumored that possibly the father of the son who was spanked (spanking at the church, with permission from the father, however un-smart that was) further abused the boy at home and then blamed it on these two young pastors. Their lawyer had them plead guilty thinking they would get a lesser sentence, but evidently the judges enjoyed making examples of them. It seems Texas is rather harsh on religious cases.

#27 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

Waiting patiently (ahem) for grandchildren...

• Moderators
  • 17,825 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:27 AM

Texas is actually pretty harsh on a lot of crimes. What these young men did wasn't smart...but definitely wasn't worth 25 years of their lives! They are young men who really love the Lord and have been separated from their families for 5 years now. Sad.

I agree...she should have gotten longer punishment. She took a life - it was not in self-defense, since he was lying on his stomach when she killed him. In the society we live in today it is easy to walk away from a marriage. She chose not to...and I don't believe there was anything psychologically wrong with her. Obviously neither did the state if she got custody of her kids. IMO, she should have been put to death - all murderers should, and that's what she is.

#28 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:34 PM

Interesting how this thread went from the Winkler Murder to Rifleman!

Well, joyfulpraise---we just decided to "try" and get this thread back on topic. :lol

God is a faithful Judge, though, and the Judge of the earth will do right. God knows the truth about all these situations (Winkler and Thompson) and justice will be done in one way or the other.

:amen: :goodpost: Yes---He certainly is. :clap:

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500