JacquelineDeane55

Two kids got saved in VBS

6 posts in this topic

Even if it was just two, it was all worth it. Their eternal destiny is now forever changed. Praise GOD He saved their souls.

I helped invite people to VBS, but I don't know how many children actually came.

heartstrings, John Young and Alan like this

Login or register for removal of this advertisement.

praise God for those two precious souls being saved...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By BabeinChrist
      Repentance CANNOT save

I'm writing on the topic of repentance in regards to salvation because this is a subject that is very misinterpreted today, (even amongst Independent, Fundamental Baptists) and there’s a LOT of false teaching out there under the guise of repentance that is actually teaching a works-based salvation. The mistake that most people make is that, whenever they see the word "repent" in the Bible, they add these words after it:  “of your sins”.
      So whenever they see the word "repent" they just automatically add "of sin"... repent of your sin.
      In fact, they often think that just the word "repent" means to turn from sin, but the Bible does not teach that, and since the King James Holy Bible is the Word of God, it should be our final authority on doctrine.
      I've noticed that typically, one can find the meaning of a word used in the Bible by searching for its first appearance, where it is often defined.  So before we study repentance in regard to salvation, let’s just get an understanding of what the word "repent" even means in the Bible, by going to its first use. To the best of my knowledge, that is in Exodus 32:12, we have Moses speaking to God:
       “Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath and repent of this evil against thy people.”
      So we can see repent means "to turn".  Moses is pleading with God to turn from His anger or wrath towards his people. It continues...
      “Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.” “And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.”
      That proves that repenting does not mean "repent of your sins" because we KNOW God doesn’t have any sins, God never has sinned and God is perfect in EVERY way ---and yet--- did God repent in this scripture?
      Yes, He did.
      He turned..... He turned from one course of action unto another. He didn’t turn from sin, He turned from anger, He turned from his wrath, He turned from the judgement He was going to pour out. So we can be sure that repent does not mean to repent of your sins in order to be saved.
      It's interesting to note, that if you do a word study on the word "repent" in the King James Bible (the ONLY Bible I will use), you'll discover that the one who "repents" the MOST in the entire Bible is : God!
      "Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?  And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not." (Jonah 3:9-10)
      “And God saw their works,” What did God see? Works. “ God saw their works,” now he is going to tell us what those works were: “that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.”
      That right there says when you turn from your evil way, that is your WORKS, so if you believe that a person has to turn from their evil way and believe on Christ, then here’s what you're saying is required to be saved: to believe on Christ and have works!
      The Bible says salvation is without works and Jonah 3:10 says turning from your sins or turning from your evil ways is works, so that’s why this is such an important doctrine to understand and be clear on! 
      Of course, the devil wants to get you to trust in your works to save you --- this goes all the way back to Cain and Abel, where Cain is trusting his works instead of the blood of the lamb, all the way back to the Tower of Babel, where they’re trying to do their works/build their way to heaven, and all throughout Galatians he warns us: It's a false gospel when you think that you are justified by works, all throughout Romans he tells us we are not justified by works.
      All throughout the Bible God warns us.. 'trust Christ for salvation, don’t trust works' !
      The devil wants to get in the back door, he doesn’t just want to come right out and say, 'trust works!' knowing good and well that the Bible says NOT to trust works, so he wants to deceive you so you think: 
      "Well... it's not works but you do have to repent of your sins",
      .....OR....
      "Well.... I’m not saying it’s works but you can’t just live however you want, you gotta do something right... You gotta at least go to church three times a month or something, I mean you know you gotta do something right?"
      NO !!
      You have to do nothing because Jesus did everything, you believe on Christ, HIS works are sufficient, we don’t have to add anything to His works, JESUS CHRIST PAID IT ALL. 

• By Roselove
      There's some people in my life, that I suspect, aren't saved. 
      Some people on my husband's and Mom's side of the family, and one of my Dr.'s. 
      Although, I don't know if my Dr. Is a Christian, he doesn't have very Godly things on his Facebook, and anytime I bring up anything Christian related, he changes the topic quickly. 
      On my husband's side, I only know for sure that his brother named Jacob, says he's not religious. I'm not sure about his other siblings, though. 
      On my Mom's side, the ones i know aren't beleivers are, my Grandpa, Uncle, and a few of my cousins. 
      Please pray for these people, in my life. I really want them to know the Lord. 
    • By John Young
      I am currently working on an article about God's work with souls from birth to heaven. This is a working draft of the introduction/ summery.

The Spiritual progression of human souls
      (Job 10:9-19, Psalm 139:13-16)

It is a misconception that a soul is either a child of God or a child of the devil at birth, automatically destined to be saved or lost, or born a sinner.  Rather for all of us it is a growth process. All start out innocent and then there is a process of growth that each soul must go thorough before one becomes a saint or sinner. (John 9:1-3, Romans 9:10-12)

The reason no soul can be a sinner or child of the devil before birth is because the birthing process is wholly controlled by God and only God can create life, giving life and a spirit to every living creature.  The devil has no ability to create any life nor can he control the physical birth process of the womb. (Psalm 104:30, John 1:4-5, 1:9, Acts 17:25)

Each human is created by God from conception thru the whole birthing process. He chooses the family (both genetic and spiritual state) and the time of visitation for each soul. Some will receive favor by being born into righteous families but others into wicked families. The righteous children will have more of a chance then the wicked family’s children of accepting the Lord’s salvation. The wicked family’s children have the greater chance of losing their innocents the fastest. But all are commanded to follow God. (1 Corinthians 7:14)

Unfortunately, from the time of Adam all flesh has been corrupted by the sinful actions of people and is currently in a fallen state. The devil uses the lust of the flesh and the lust of a fallen world to tempt the soul to sin. Therefore it is guaranteed that all souls will soon become bound to sin and quickly lose their innocents. Innocents is lost at the moment a child fully knows to do good but knowingly does wrong anyway. At that point the person moves from being innocent and safe to being a child of wrath and disobedience. (Genesis 6:12, Ezekiel 18:4, Ezekiel 18:20, Romans 5:12-13, Romans 7:9, James 1:15, James 4:17, 2 Peter 1:4, Ephesians 2:1-10; 5:6, Colossians 3:5-7)

At the time of visitation each soul (both innocent and disobedient) will have a chance to receive salvation unto the perfecting of the soul, and the quickening and sealing of their sprit in the new birth (making them a son of God) by the Holy Spirit. (Isaiah 55, Luke 19:9, John 3, 2 Corinthians 6:2)

If any reject God at the visitation then they will be dammed because of their decision to choose their own lustful life over that of receiving God’s quickening. If they in full knowledge continually reject God’s will and His salvation and continue down the path of destruction they can, by giving themselves wholly over to sin and cutting themselves off wholly from God’s call, become “children of the devil” (doing the devils spiritual work) and “Sons of Belial” (wholly worthless to God). Both unable to be redeemed, in this life or the next. These “children” will not just sin like the “children of disobedience” but will actively work against the cause of Christ; many even claiming to be Christians and seeking positions in God’s church, yet in full knowledge of their wickedness are content to live in and make excuse for sin and working against the righteous authorities who seek to help them. (Deuteronomy 13:12-18, Judges 19-20, 1 Samuel 2:12, 10:26-27, 2 Samuel 20:1, 1 Kings 21, 2 Chronicles 13:7, John 8:43-45, Romans 1, 2 Corinthians 6:14-18,  Hebrews 2:1-3,  2 Peter 2, 1 John 3, Jude 1)

The innocent will go to heaven (albeit perhaps in an incomplete state) because they have not yet sinned and the devil has nothing of to accuse them. The Children of wrath will go to hell because they are condemned under their own disobedience to doing what is right. The children of Belial because they have wholly shut themselves off from God and seek the pleasure of their flesh. The children of the devil because they in full knowledge of God’s righteousness and salvation reject it out right and actively seek to infiltrate and destroy, from within and without all of God’s work.

At the end of life those that have done pure good will be raise to life and those who have rebelled by sin cast into hell. All have come short in the process of life on their own so need to be placed in Christ who, thru his redeeming works, uncorrupted and good state will, wholly cleans from sin all who have faith in Him. (Daniel 12:1-3, John 5:24-25, John 6:47, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:1-12, Romans 8:1-4 Hebrews 4:1, Ephesians 5:25-27, 1 John 1:9, 3:9)

INNOCENTS: KNOWLAGE: PERFECTION: GLORIFICATION:

• By MountainChristian
      Matthew 1:21 And she (Mary) shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
      The question becomes who is "his people". Some teach this is the Jewish Nation. They are Mary's people and Jesus is Mary's son. What did Jesus say? 
      John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
      Well that would mean everyone is "his people". God owning all the people, Jews & Gentiles.
      John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
      Notice how Jesus uses the word "He" making it personal. So Jesus is saying salvation is personal not national. Did Jesus save his people from their sins? Do Jews have the way to Heaven? Do Gentiles have the way to Heaven? Is Jesus the way to salvation?
    • By John Young
      "Oops, I missed a step" Salvation.
      Romans 8:26-29 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
      I was saved at the age of five. To be honest I do not remember a time that I did not believe Christ paid the price of my redemption through His Blood. (Having Godly Missionary parents, and learning to read from the Bible tends to have that effect.) So to be more accurate; At the age of five I made my profession known. And then at the age of 16, I confirmed that faith by being baptized at Gilead Baptist Church in Owosso, MI.
      We are to make sure our salvation:
      Philippians 2:11-13  and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.12 Wherefore,my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and todo of his good pleasure.
      I bring this up to tell you that the greatest question I had as a child and as a young man was "Did I miss a step?" This question never came about from an unbelief in Christ or the Bible but from a strong desire to do all that I could to follow as closely as possible God's words for my "salvation". 
      Now as every Bible Believing Christian knows it is the faith in Christ work which saves us and this salvation is free. The problem though is the "application process" or a set of requirements in order to "qualify" your faith. "Things you must do before this "event" that show you are truly "accepting" salvation "correctly" and things you must do after the event to "prove" you have been "saved". (Sounds harder then doing my taxes in order to get money that is already mine!)
      Also, each process is fully backed up by random verses which promote their process with a additional caveat that if you ascribe to any other model then you are not correct and are now bound for Hell! If their model is not popular among other Christians they will add the fact that Christ said "few there be that find it".
      Matthew 7:13-15 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.15 Beware of false prophets,which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
      On one small point I appreciate the Catholics because they are honest and say it is all part of a "process of salvation" but for many Baptist (because they play gymnastics with words and separate the process in our minds) will pay lip service to "faith in Christ alone" but then doubt a person's salvation if they failed to complete a "process of sanctification" to which many unconsciously ascribe and link to saving faith.
      Some Christian Jews had this problem in:
      Acts 15:1 And certain men which came down from Judæa taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses,ye cannot be saved.
      Many say some things are needed before true faith can "become available" Some say a various level of repentance or sorriness for your past sins is needed before salvation. Another relies on various levels of hearers knowledge or the presenters accurately voicing the truth; they have to understand the events correctly as presented in the correct bible (1611 KJAV Pure Cambridge Edition only for English speakers or it won't work). 
      Now we come to the "Free Gift" hopefully you chose the correct "pre-approval process. At this point you have three options (but be careful because if you chose wrong you don't understand salvation and will have to start over or go to Hell!)1. "Ask for salvation" by prayer. 2. Just acknowledge Christ work but don't say anything or it proves you do not believe Romans 3:19. 3. Be baptized by immersion before believers to show your belief.
      Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
      Now you are saved but you we're not really saved you did not give God Lordship authority or do not do these following things in six months/rest of your life or when we all discover a mistake in our model.
      By this time you understand what I'm getting at through my exaggerated examples and may even ascribe to a milder form of one or two points my intent is not to prove or disprove anything but to also share the model I used for salvation. Look. Believe. Follow. Simple desire of the heart words.
      John 1:33-37 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God. 35 Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples; 36 and looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God! 37 And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.
      What I learned as a young man is that while information, knowledge, physical actions, etc can help me better understand Christ redemptive work and to grow in faith and wisdom, there are no steps, no process, no "things" I can do to pre-approve myself mentally or verbally.
      Ultimately Salvation is a matter of the Spirit and must be performed through the hearing the Spirit’s call and not from some steps,formula or process. These things will merely amplify what the Spirit has already done in my heart. The Spirit gives the birth and I merely cry Aba! Father! (Galatians 4:6)
      Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
      Genesis 4:26c then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.
      Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord [from the heart's true desire] shall be saved.
      Acts 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
      Acts 11:15-17 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. 16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. 17 For as much then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
      At this point many out of concern will perhaps wish to present a step we must keep in mind or risk leading a sinner down a wrong path. Remove that link to head knowledge and let Christ work in the man's heart. Lift up Christ and let Him worry about the steps and you might be surprised that a few extra lost people find the narrow way into heaven without all our extra steps and sign post.
      We need to learn that: People "being saved" require a process and teachers but people which are saved required only a Saviour.
      John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
      Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
      Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; [not head] and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
      John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
      Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.