Online Baptist
Rebecca

The beauty of creation

8 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Makes me wonder if the scene is any different outfront.     :4_6_2v:

:laugh:

I have another one taken the other direction much later the same day which looks surprisingly similar - but it is also of "the outback".

Cocklebiddy is not the end of the earth, but you can see it from there.......

I had taken down the large photo (pixels), of the Bishopwood Tree in my 1 Kings 4:29-34 devotion on King Solomon and replaced it with a reduced (pixel), size in order to have a scripture passage written in it. For your information, I am using using the GIMP Photo Editor to insert scripture passages. At this stage of my learning o knowing how to work with GIMP (it has a .xcf file system instead of .jpg, and has 'layers,' for inserting text, and other things I must learn), I do not know fully how to edit photos.

Either way, Rebecca requested me to insert the original larger pixel photo of the Bishopwood Tree on her thread without any text. Also, while I was looking in my photo album, and in doing a little more researching, the Bishopwood Tree is also known as the Autumn Maple Tree and the Red Cedar Tree:https://hast.sinica.edu.tw/english/plant_e/Bishopwood-e.htm

Bishopwood Tree  

or Autumn Maple Tree or Red Cedar

Bishopwood Tree Kenting.JPG

Photo by Alan

If anybody on OnLine Baptist would like to have a larger file size photo of any of my devotion scriptures photos, without any scripture passage text or signature, please let me know and I will send you the photo gratis.

Alan

Sunrise in Herlong, taken looking Southeast from my road, while heading to work one morning recently. The water there is the very end of the recently re-formed Honey Lake, a shallow lake that has been empty for the last ten years, and filled up this last wet winter. Our property sits just at the edge of it.

20170531_053503.jpg

Discovery Bay at the Port of Port Townsend Gardiner boat ramp. The top picture shows Diamond Point (from whence I took the picture of Mt. Baker). The bottom picture shows Port Townsend. The gap in between is the entrance into Discovery Bay. We were on the (private) beach just minutes from our house. 

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

That picture was taken about 4 yrs ago on Belfast Rd. north of Standish.  We got to see a funny thing out there.  We saw a herd of antelope out a litle ways from the road, and shortly after we saw a good sized coyote on the hunt heading for the antelope.  I'm an old softie and I knew what was going to happen, and I didn't want to watch. We kept driving along slowly until the fellas began to laugh.  I looked over and began to laugh too.  That ole coyote was totally skedaddling out of there, zig zagging here and there with a big cloud of dust following behind.  That herd of antelope was grouped up and hot on the tail of that coyote!  That was quite the sight to see.

Awhile back, I was driving along at around sunset and noticed that some of the clouds were very colorful. By the time I had parked and taken my camera out, the colors had mostly faded, so I tried a few different settings to boost the color.

colorful cloud at sunset.jpg

God's creation is amazing!  I snapped this shot a couple of weeks ago.  The second picture was one that I took last winter of the steeple of the church my father in law pastored many, many years ago..here in our dinky town.

IMG_1025.JPG

IMG_0469.JPG

Edited by WellWithMySoul

During a Missions Conference in Michigan, while staying at a members house in the woods, we were awaken by the bugle calls of elk. So, one day, very very early in the morning, I followed the calls of the elk herd a long, long ways. So, deep in the woods of Michigan, a photo is worth a thousand words.

Bugles Call at Dawn

Elk Bugles in the Midst of Dawn.jpg

This is the south western tip of Australia - well almost.

First photo: The ocean to the right of the photo is the Indian Ocean, the Ocean to the left of the photo is the Southern Ocean.

Second Photo is more directly west, and later in the day, just before we left.

Time is late afternoon, nearest town is a place called Augusta, about 20km north of where this photo was taken, about 400km south of where I live.

We were down for a day trip.

20140610_155534.jpg

20140610_160652.jpg

That is a beautiful falls WWMS. I have seen this type of falls before, where the surrounding rock is either very porous or has been cracked, allowing water to seep through.

Thanks for submitting this one, God even thinks to provide us with "eye candy" for our enjoyment and appreciation of His creation.

This was sunrise yesterday.  We have 2 forest fires not far from us, and the smoke really changes the sunrise and sunset and the clouds.  I took this shot about 6:45 AM as we took off to go for our 4 mile morning walk.

IMG_1183.JPG