Online Baptist

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Roselove
      Came across this, was a little confused. Can you guys explain this to me? Thanks! 
      https://billmounce.com/monday-with-mounce/are-you-saved-or-are-you-being-saved”-1-cor-15-2 
      http://www.simplybible.com/f066.htm
    • By Jordan Kurecki
      in the near future I will begin sending email updates about my journey to and future ministry in Uganda, if you are interested in receiving these update, then please click the link below to subscribe!
      http://eepurl.com/c3Df8T
    • By Roselove
      So, I've been wondering something for quite sometime. 
      Ive noticed that people who have a struggle with doubting their salvation and those who are afraid of having committed the unpardonable sin, tend to have these fears, for a very long time. It seems that it's nearly impossible for them to have enough assurance for them to stop fearing and obsessing over it. 
      Ive been going through this for over 5 years and have read many others talking about this, too. It tends to take years for people to get over these fears, that is, if they ever do. 
      Why is this particular problem, so extremely hard to get under control? I have clinical OCD, so I'm sure it contributes, the others might have this problem, too, but why won't God take away these terrible fears and obsessions, over whether or not we are saved or have committed the unpardonable sin? 
      I know that He wants us to know whether we are saved or lost or if we are forgiveable. I know that someone cannot effectively do His will, without this i would think, so why is this particular problem so hard to overcome, even with fervent prayer? I understand that God works in His timing and that we have to suffer at times in this life, sometimes for many years, but I wouldn't think that this kind of thing, would be one of the things that would be helpful to go through? I'm not sure? 
      What do you all think, about this? 
    • By BabeinChrist
      Repentance CANNOT save

I'm writing on the topic of repentance in regards to salvation because this is a subject that is very misinterpreted today, (even amongst Independent, Fundamental Baptists) and there’s a LOT of false teaching out there under the guise of repentance that is actually teaching a works-based salvation. The mistake that most people make is that, whenever they see the word "repent" in the Bible, they add these words after it:  “of your sins”.
      So whenever they see the word "repent" they just automatically add "of sin"... repent of your sin.
      In fact, they often think that just the word "repent" means to turn from sin, but the Bible does not teach that, and since the King James Holy Bible is the Word of God, it should be our final authority on doctrine.
      I've noticed that typically, one can find the meaning of a word used in the Bible by searching for its first appearance, where it is often defined.  So before we study repentance in regard to salvation, let’s just get an understanding of what the word "repent" even means in the Bible, by going to its first use. To the best of my knowledge, that is in Exodus 32:12, we have Moses speaking to God:
       “Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath and repent of this evil against thy people.”
      So we can see repent means "to turn".  Moses is pleading with God to turn from His anger or wrath towards his people. It continues...
      “Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.” “And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.”
      That proves that repenting does not mean "repent of your sins" because we KNOW God doesn’t have any sins, God never has sinned and God is perfect in EVERY way ---and yet--- did God repent in this scripture?
      Yes, He did.
      He turned..... He turned from one course of action unto another. He didn’t turn from sin, He turned from anger, He turned from his wrath, He turned from the judgement He was going to pour out. So we can be sure that repent does not mean to repent of your sins in order to be saved.
      It's interesting to note, that if you do a word study on the word "repent" in the King James Bible (the ONLY Bible I will use), you'll discover that the one who "repents" the MOST in the entire Bible is : God!
      "Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?  And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not." (Jonah 3:9-10)
      “And God saw their works,” What did God see? Works. “ God saw their works,” now he is going to tell us what those works were: “that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.”
      That right there says when you turn from your evil way, that is your WORKS, so if you believe that a person has to turn from their evil way and believe on Christ, then here’s what you're saying is required to be saved: to believe on Christ and have works!
      The Bible says salvation is without works and Jonah 3:10 says turning from your sins or turning from your evil ways is works, so that’s why this is such an important doctrine to understand and be clear on! 
      Of course, the devil wants to get you to trust in your works to save you --- this goes all the way back to Cain and Abel, where Cain is trusting his works instead of the blood of the lamb, all the way back to the Tower of Babel, where they’re trying to do their works/build their way to heaven, and all throughout Galatians he warns us: It's a false gospel when you think that you are justified by works, all throughout Romans he tells us we are not justified by works.
      All throughout the Bible God warns us.. 'trust Christ for salvation, don’t trust works' !
      The devil wants to get in the back door, he doesn’t just want to come right out and say, 'trust works!' knowing good and well that the Bible says NOT to trust works, so he wants to deceive you so you think: 
      "Well... it's not works but you do have to repent of your sins",
      .....OR....
      "Well.... I’m not saying it’s works but you can’t just live however you want, you gotta do something right... You gotta at least go to church three times a month or something, I mean you know you gotta do something right?"
      NO !!
      You have to do nothing because Jesus did everything, you believe on Christ, HIS works are sufficient, we don’t have to add anything to His works, JESUS CHRIST PAID IT ALL. 

• By JacquelineDeane55
      Even if it was just two, it was all worth it. Their eternal destiny is now forever changed. Praise GOD He saved their souls.
      I helped invite people to VBS, but I don't know how many children actually came.