Online Baptist
BroMatt

Bible College

Let's start a discussion for those of you that went to Bible College. Here are a few questions for you to answer. Feel free to copy and paste with our answers.

1. What Bible College did you attend?
  2. Did you graduate? What was your Major
  3. What years did you attend?
  4. What did you like best about the college?
  5. What did you least like about the college?
  6. Would you recommend that school now?
  7. In your opinion, did the school properly train you for the ministry?

3-reasons-to-consider-starting-a-bible-college-on-the-mission-field012913_4.jpg

1. What Bible College did you attend? Fairhaven Baptist College 
  2. Did you graduate? What was your Major? Yes /  Pastoral Theology
  3. What years did you attend? 1991 - 1995
  4. What did you like best about the college? I liked the fact that I received a lot of hands on training from the church. Street preaching to Bus ministry I did it all.
  5. What did you least like about the college? I though they treated us students too child like. I don't mind rules, but though some of them was for elementary kids.
  6. Would you recommend that school now? IDK. There has been a lot of changes so I'd have to do research to see where they stand now.
  7. In your opinion, did the school properly train you for the ministry? Yes they did. The only area I felt they didn't was they had too many young teachers that just graduated. 

Fundamental Baptist Bible College. 

Yes. N/A BaTh

1995 - 1998

Taught by local, on the ground, missionaries and Pastors

5. What did you least like about the college?

Isolated - Western Australia is  loooooong way from anywhere, so I didn't get to know a lot od other pastors

Folded years ago now.

As much as a small Bible College can.

I tell people that I learned so much in three years at Bible college, but so much more in the next three years as a training associate, and so much in the time since.

There is so much that can't be taught, only learned.........

Edited by DaveW

Dave said, "I tell people that I learned so much in three years at Bible college, but so much more in the next three years as a training associate, and so much in the time since.

There is so much that can't be taught, only learned........." There is nothing else I can add as Dave said it all.

A. Southeastern Bible College; Birmingham, AL

B. Baptist Bible College; Springfield, MO 

C. Louisiana Baptist University; Shreveport, LA

A. Southeastern Bible College; Birmingham, AL / Missions. No.

B. Baptist Bible College; Springfield, MO / Missions. Yes. Thd.

C. Louisiana Baptist University; Shreveport, LA / Theology. B. A. / M. A. / PhD.

A. Southeastern Bible College; Birmingham, AL / 1975 (one semester).

B. Baptist Bible College; Springfield, MO / Aug. 1975 to May 1979.

C. Louisiana Baptist University; Shreveport, LA / Aug. 1993 to May 2007 Correspondence & Furlough.

A. Southeastern Bible College; Birmingham, AL / My Personal Evangelism teacher was a dedicated soul-winner on the streets of Birmingham. He taught me to love souls.

B. Baptist Bible College; Springfield, MO / Heard a lot of good preaching, professors who loved the scriptures, and men who built IFB churches personally. They taught me to love the church.

C. Louisiana Baptist University; Shreveport, LA / The professors taught me how to do intensive research and study. LBU is accredited (needed for my situation in order to comply with the legal requirements of the government of Taiwan), and is tailor-made for the IFB pastor/missionary/evangelist, that needs to further his education without completely leaving the ministry.

5. What did you least like about the college?

A. Southeastern Bible College; Birmingham, AL / I found out that most (not all), of the professors were not King James nor IFB.

B. Baptist Bible College; Springfield, MO / I will defer answering this question.

C. Louisiana Baptist University; Shreveport, LA / I will defer answering this question.

A. Southeastern Bible College; Birmingham, AL / No.

B. Baptist Bible College; Springfield, MO / I will defer answering this question.

C. Louisiana Baptist University; Shreveport, LA / Yes.

A. Southeastern Bible College; Birmingham, AL / No.

B. Baptist Bible College; Springfield, MO / Yes. Through the personal testimony, experience, pastoral wisdom, and example of numerous individual pastors who taught at BBC during the time I was there. As time changes, and professors/pastors change, so does the school.

C. Louisiana Baptist University; Shreveport, LA / Yes.

As Dave said, and as numerous pastors/teachers said, experience will teach you more than the books in the university can. As we walk through life, and continue a thorough search of the scriptures, the Holy Spirit guides us into all truth and gives us wisdom in how to conduct the ministry that God gives us. “And the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.” 1 John 2:27

“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15 The life of study to the saint who follows the Lord is not contained in the walls of a building but in the walls of life; it starts from the day of salvation until the moment he enters the walls of the New Jerusalem. And, continues throughout eternity at the foot of the Lord Jesus.

Alan

Edited by Alan
            formatting (twice)