Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good article by Pastor Baldwin

28 posts in this topic

Posted

And I go to the scriptures and see the very clear picture of those who defied Gov't. to be Christian.

:amen::goodpost: Yes---when the government was corrupt. They certainly did. :thumb

Posted

And I go to the scriptures and see the very clear picture of those who defied Gov't. to be Christian.

C

Defying the government does not make one a Christian.

I am a Christian. If the government has a problem with my witnessing, living right, going to church, helping in the community, or any other obligation I have as a Christian, then they will just have to lock me up or kill me like they've done in past governments.

However, I refuse to be put to death for being an anarchist or "social activist." I believe we have a higher calling than to merely push for social change in a world full of people who have rejected Christ and are one their way to hell. If I die for my beliefs, it will be my belief and hope in God and Jesus Christ and not my belief or hope in a anthropocentric "Christian government."

Posted

Defying the government does not make one a Christian.

I am a Christian. If the government has a problem with my witnessing, living right, going to church, helping in the community, or any other obligation I have as a Christian, then they will just have to lock me up or kill me like they've done in past governments.

However, I refuse to be put to death for being an anarchist or "social activist." I believe we have a higher calling than to merely push for social change in a world full of people who have rejected Christ and are one their way to hell. If I die for my beliefs, it will be my belief and hope in God and Jesus Christ and not my belief or hope in a anthropocentric "Christian government."

:amen:

I really get tired of hearing Christian pastors praising the "civil rights movement" as if it were an act of God. They praise ungodly leaders that movement and some practically elevate them to sainthood status. Never mind their communist and anti-Christian connections; never mind their unlawful approaches; never what Scripture actually says about such matters.

Too many professing Christians today have an idealized view of the 1960s and want to get into radical social activism and feel as if they are a part of something like what they think they see in the old news reels and idealized Hollywood movies about the 1960s.

There is a way that seems right to man but the end thereof is folly.

Obey Scripture! Preach Christ and Him crucified! Win the lost to Christ and disciple them!