Photo

Good article by Pastor Baldwin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 manofconviction

manofconviction

Advanced Member

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:00 PM

We are to be stewards of all God has provided, we are responsible for the government that we have. The best way to influence the outcome, is to witness Christ and have them sit under good biblical preaching. As long as priorities are correct, nothing is wrong with political activity.

#22 John81

John81

Running to Win

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,505 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:46 PM

I don't have to go any further than the Bible, though, to see an example of Christians being told to submit to one of the worst most tyrannical and imperial governments that has ever existed.

We are Christians, not anarchists.

And I go to the scriptures and see the very clear picture of those who defied Gov't. to be Christian.

C

Defying the government does not make one a Christian.

I am a Christian. If the government has a problem with my witnessing, living right, going to church, helping in the community, or any other obligation I have as a Christian, then they will just have to lock me up or kill me like they've done in past governments.

However, I refuse to be put to death for being an anarchist or "social activist." I believe we have a higher calling than to merely push for social change in a world full of people who have rejected Christ and are one their way to hell. If I die for my beliefs, it will be my belief and hope in God and Jesus Christ and not my belief or hope in a anthropocentric "Christian government."

:amen:

I really get tired of hearing Christian pastors praising the "civil rights movement" as if it were an act of God. They praise ungodly leaders that movement and some practically elevate them to sainthood status. Never mind their communist and anti-Christian connections; never mind their unlawful approaches; never what Scripture actually says about such matters.

Too many professing Christians today have an idealized view of the 1960s and want to get into radical social activism and feel as if they are a part of something like what they think they see in the old news reels and idealized Hollywood movies about the 1960s.

There is a way that seems right to man but the end thereof is folly.

Obey Scripture! Preach Christ and Him crucified! Win the lost to Christ and disciple them!

#23 tired

tired

Super Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:33 PM

by Chuck Baldwin

Free republics are not known to have long life expectancies. At the ripe old age of two hundred and thirty-two, America is definitely showing her age. She is long past her prime, and some are predicting her demise. No, some are PLANNING her demise.

Thomas Jefferson and the other founders of this once-great country believed there was a controlling cabal that was crafting America?s servitude. With the assistance of Heaven, they decided to fight those forces. Pastors fought with fiery sermons from the pulpit; newsmen fought with the power of the pen; statesmen fought in the halls of Congress; and merchants fought with the sacrifice of their material gain. Together, they lifted Lady Liberty to her feet and defeated the powers of darkness.

It took the global elite a long time to recover, but they have reemerged with a vengeance. They are now on the precipice of accomplishing what their great granddaddies failed to do: bring the ?Liberty or Death? colonists under their power and control.

Sadly, we no longer have the will to resist servitude. Our pulpits are too busy preaching a prosperity gospel; newsmen are in bed with the forces they once disdained; statesmen have been replaced with opportunistic, self-serving politicians; and merchants know no god but money. Hence, it is left to a small?and I mean very small?remnant to sound the clarion call for freedom and independence. Unfortunately, few seem to be listening to their cries.

2010 seems to be a banner year for these designers of despotism. That is the target year for the implementation of the North American Community, which will commercially unite the United States with Canada and Mexico. The global elite suffered a minor setback when the U.S. Senate failed to pass the Bush/McCain/Kennedy/Graham amnesty-for-illegal-aliens bill. But if you think that John Mccain is going to let that bill lie on the floor of defeat, you don?t understand these people. Should McCain become President, He will do everything he can to implement some kind of amnesty law. Barack Obama will do the same. The reason? It is essential to the designers of despotism that our borders be eliminated.

Yes, I am saying it: George W. Bush, John McCain, and Barack Obama are part of the global elite that seeks America?s entrance into an international New World Order. In fact, neither Presidential candidate from the two major parties will offer any resistance to this obstinate and oppressive oligarchy.

Perhaps one day the American people will wake up and realize that they are being led as sheep to the slaughter. I?m just not sure that it will be soon enough, however. 2010 is just around the corner.

There seems to be only one obstacle standing in the way of the globalists: America?s citizens are the most heavily armed people in the world. That fact must surely stick in the throats of the globalists like a chicken bone.

Thank God that America?s founders put the Second Amendment in the Constitution. Without America?s deep-rooted commitment to the right of the people to keep and bear arms, we would have been sold into slavery decades ago.

Without the intellectual understanding of the principles of freedom and the moral resolve to maintain those principles, however, guns, by themselves, will only protect us for so long. In the end, our strength and protection come from God, and not too many people these days seem to be interested in His opinion.

Lady Liberty is walking very gingerly these days, and the path she treads is laden with traps and quicksand. The globalists have their handpicked puppets positioned to take up where The Three Amigos (George Bush I, Bill Clinton, and George Bush II) have left off. The pieces of the puzzle are almost all in place. 2010 just might be the year that Lady Liberty lowers her torch, folds her arms, and falls fast asleep.

For what it is worth, however, I pledge no loyalty to this emerging New World Order. Neither will I let Lady Liberty die without a fight. I will say it again: the battle today is not between conservatives and liberals or Republicans and Democrats. It is a battle between Americans and globalists. And, Ladies and Gentlemen, I am an American!

#24 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 60,505 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:47 PM

:thumb

He is very correct in that only a very small remnant see what is going on and respond to the challenge. The rest either don't care or are willing to go along to get along or hold their noses and support the supposed "lesser evils" anyway.

#25 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:05 PM

Perhaps one day the American people will wake up and realize that they are being led as sheep to the slaughter. I?m just not sure that it will be soon enough, however. 2010 is just around the corner.

There seems to be only one obstacle standing in the way of the globalists: America?s citizens are the most heavily armed people in the world. That fact must surely stick in the throats of the globalists like a chicken bone.

Thank God that America?s founders put the Second Amendment in the Constitution. Without America?s deep-rooted commitment to the right of the people to keep and bear arms, we would have been sold into slavery decades ago.

:amen: :goodpost: Pastor Chuck Baldwin knows what it means to be an American. :thumb

#26 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:33 PM

Wow! this dude, in my opinion is no better than Reverend Wright I would not attend eithers Church. #1 Where is he getting his info on Jefferson did Thomas Jefferson walk like Christ? Then, I am not following Brothers and Sisters. This is what is pushing people away from Christ because it is not Biblical truth and does not show the love that CHRIST offers.

#27 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 60,505 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

:thumb

He is very correct in that only a very small remnant see what is going on and respond to the challenge. The rest either don't care or are willing to go along to get along or hold their noses and support the supposed "lesser evils" anyway.

I do not think there are enough of us crazy fruit cake whack-job nut bags left to win this election John, but I hear what Pastor Baldwin is saying! :clap: :amen: and :amen:

And thanks be to God it doesn't matter who wins the election because God rewards faithfulness to Him and His Word regardless of what we might see as the immediate results of our standing firm on His Word.

#28 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:06 PM

I do not think there are enough of us crazy fruit cake whack-job nut bags left to win this election John, but I hear what Pastor Baldwin is saying! and

Hilarious! :thumb Oh...how I wish there were. :lol

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500