Online Baptist - Independent Baptist Community
Invicta

My granddaughter

I have briefly mentioned my granddaughter Rachel on the kitchen .  Rachel is 21 on Friday and has cancer on he right ovary.  For her birthday she is not asking for anything but donations for  Endometriosis Research Center and Women's Hospital, Inc.  on Facebook.

Rachel is studying French and Photography at Surrey University.

Please pray for Rachel, 

We went to lunch with our daughter and family today.  We met Rachel which was a surprise as she said that she couldn't come as her sister Jemimah had a cold and Rachel shouldn't be with those who have a cold or the flu, but Jemimah is over it now,  It was a pleasant  surprise. Rachel returned this evening and has an appointment at the surgery on the campus tomorrow,  I told her that there are many people praying for her.

Yes Invicta, it is critical that anyone with cancer not be exposed to anyone that has any kind of sickness like colds or flu. When my late wife had cancer we severely limited where we went for that reason. We mostly stayed home where we could control her exposure to sickness. Cancer, as well as chemo severely compromises the immune system.

As to my health, I had a lesion removed from my head about four weeks ago and I had a letter from the hospital today that confirmed it was skin cancer.  They say it was completely removed and I don't need further treatment but I have an out patient appointment in about a month.

I have memory problems and had a blood test recently, and my doctor phoned me to say I had a severe vitamin deficiency and I needed to take three extra tablets a day, or have an injection once every three months, but would have to have an injection three times a week for two weeks first.  I am not sure which is worse,  I elected for the injections.   If it helps my memory it may be worth it.

I can't remember which vitamin the Dr said it was.

Edited by Invicta

Both you and your doctor should keep a close watch on this condition. Skin cancer is a malignant Melanoma and can be extremely dangerous if not caught in time and treated properly.

Praying for you brother.  

17 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Both you and your doctor should keep a close watch on this condition. Skin cancer is a malignant Melanoma and can be extremely dangerous if not caught in time and treated properly.

Praying for you brother.  

Thank you.  I have looked into this further and it seems it is not malignant type.  I have an outpatients appointment at the hospital on 16th March, that is a week after our 50th Wedding anniversary.  

My dad was one of a family of 14.  Some died as infants.  I have managed to trace 10 on census  on line.  One died by being run over by a horse and cart when he was 9, one had Parkinsons disease, and the other 8 all died of various forms of Cancer, including my dad.