Photo

Could Barack Obama be the Antichrist?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
121 replies to this topic

#41 Kenny5682

Kenny5682

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:49 PM

Almost a year ago, my wife and I were watching Jay Leno and I saw Barack Obama for the first time. I remember being blown away by the way he spoke. I really liked the guy. I turned to my wife and said, "You know, I'd vote for him. Then again, he'd make the perfect antichirst." That was before I knew he was going to run for president.

Of course, was basing my accusation solely on this ability to catch the attention of the masses. The only two things I knew about him was that he was a great speaker and he spoke at Rick Warren's Church. That didn't impress me much, because Rick Warren will let ANYONE speak at his Church.

Anyway, long story short... currently he is preaching against religion. In a video I saw he used principles in Leviticus, Deuteronomy, and Matthew to show that being a "Christian" nation isn't the way to go. He said this is no longer a Christian nation, but a Buddhist Nation, a Hindu Nation, a Muslim nation, and so on...

The Bible says that the antichrist will not regard the God of his fathers or any God. It also says that he will think to change times and laws, and by peace he will destroy many. I know that books like Left Behind are not the most Biblically accurate books in the world, but I do believe the antichrist will be humanistic and charismatic as Left Behind and other end times novels and movies depict him to be.

Then again, there are certain principles that seem to push the other way. For example, the Bible says that the antichrist will have a desire for women. Obama is married, but that doesn't necessarily mean he desires women.

So, anyway.. your thoughts?

#42 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:21 PM

Matthew 24 is dealing with the events within the Tribulation period; therefore that verse will be fulfilled in those seven years, not prior to them. When we compare that fact with Revelation 7 and 14, it makes perfect sense. The church is failing in its job of getting the Gospel out to the whole world - but the Lord will make sure it happens before He returns to judge the world/nations.

Thanks, Jerry! This clarifies a lot for me. I have never asked my pastor this question...and, if he went over it, it probably didn't sink in. Yes, it does make perfect sense...and, it is very sad, that the "church is failing in its job of getting the Gospel out to the world". :sad My heart breaks.

No need to answer this tonight...Jerry, but...during the Great Tribulation Period...that is the time for the Jews? Right? Is their any possibility that Gentiles will be saved, as the Holy Spirit will not be on earth? Any, possibility at all?

candlelight

#43 Jerry

Jerry

Mr. Grizzly

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,290 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:04 PM

Matthew 24 is dealing with the events within the Tribulation period; therefore that verse will be fulfilled in those seven years, not prior to them. When we compare that fact with Revelation 7 and 14, it makes perfect sense. The church is failing in its job of getting the Gospel out to the whole world - but the Lord will make sure it happens before He returns to judge the world/nations.

#44 Jerry

Jerry

Mr. Grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,290 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:32 PM

Yes...I believe the Lord is coming soon, too. When the last person on earth has heard the Gospel...He will come to Rapture us out of here.

:puzzled: Are you referring to this verse:

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

The context of that verse is within the Tribulation period. That means that during those seven years the Gospel will go all through the world - but we will be gone before then. Of course, we should be doing what we can until that point to get the Gospel out - but we have no guarantee that we will get it everywhere (but God will during the Tribulation period - by the 144,000 Jewish evangelists and the angel that preaches the everlasting Gospel).

#45 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:42 PM

Yes, that is the verse. So, the Lord will come before that time? This is where I get confused. :puzzled:

candlelight

#46 Palatka51

Palatka51

• Tools for the Ministry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

Palatka, can you tell me, without assuming who the two prophets are, who in the context of Revelation 11 is being ressurected?? It does not say that it is the church being called up. It cannot be the Old and New Testaments, as they would not be "killed" and left in the streets. It is talking about two prophets. Who they are, the scripture does not say. But it seems clear to me they are two men. Not the church. And if they are not the church (which if you can provide scripture to prove they are, we can talk) then this is not when the church is taken up.

Revelation 11
1And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. First of all, John is instructed to measure the temple. This is a clear reference to the Church, (1 Corinthians 3:16&17
16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. The Antichrist is not defiling a temple at Jerusalem made of stone. He comes out of the Church and attempts to destroy the temple of which you and I are.
See also 1Cor 6:16)
The temple is represented in both the Old Testament of Jesus Christ and the New Testament of Jesus Christ. Both testify of Christ. I do believe that these two witnesses are two men that represent both witnesses of Christ in the the Old Testament and in the New.

2But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
3And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. For 2 1/2 years these two witnesses will wrangle with the Antichrist as is shown in verses 4-6.
4These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. Here we see that the testimony is finished. What did Jesus say? Matthew 24:14
14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. The testimony of the Church is finished and the Antichrist is given authority to kill the two witnesses.

8And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. The whole world is having a party because they think that the Church is the accuser of their sin. That is what these two are to them. Now they are free of them. They are dead and it is the new Christmas to the world. "At last peace and safety". Now comes "Sudden Destruction".
11And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them. The context here is the resurrection. Remember these two witnesses are the embodiment of the whole testimony of Christ as is the Old Testament and New Testament are.
13And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven. Again, "Sudden Destruction".
14The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
15And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. Now after the resurrection of the witnesses everything switches to Heaven.
16And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
18And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. Now wrath is coming because we are saved from wrath. Wrath can only come when the Church is removed. In red you can see a reference to "Prophets and Saints" a direct pointing to the Old Testament and to the New Testament.
19And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.Well, would look at that! The temple that John was instructed to measure in verse 1 is now in Heaven in verse 19. And lest there be any more doubt about what that is, it is shown as containing the ark of His testament. One temple, two testaments (Old and New). One Bride (temple/Church) and one Lord two witnesses.

#47 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

Hello...Lee-Anne! I am so happy to hear that about Australia! :clap: Unfortunetly, in the USA...we have some people who really want to fight the whole thing, for whatever reason. :sad

Yes...I believe the Lord is coming soon, too. When the last person on earth has heard the Gospel...He will come to Rapture us out of here. :thumb Then, we can all meet eachother. :amen:

candlelight

#48 Lee-Anne

Lee-Anne

Super Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:22 PM

Praise the Lord!
I believe the Lord is coming soon. Australia is really starting to decline. Even unsaved family members are beginning to see that what we have been warning them about for years is starting to happen. We are really praying for their salvation and using every oppurtunity we can get to witness to them. Even so come Lord Jesus! :clap: :amen:

#49 Kitagrl

Kitagrl

Long Time Member

• Moderators
  • 15,774 posts
Excellent

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:04 PM

Definitely those are the two prophets being raised...not the church. As a matter of fact, you cannot find the word "church" to describe anyone on earth after the church age ends at the end of chapter...3 I think that is...

#50 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:23 AM

Yes! I grew up in the RCC, christian. Everyone seemed to be associated with the Anti-Christ. Men running for presidential office, politicians, president's...themselves, world political leaders, the pope, Hollywood actors, etc...

It is best not to speculate on that christian. JMHO. :fall: We don't know. :smile

:ooops A double post that I reworded. Sorry...the board "Timed Out" on me for a second. I thought I lost the last post. LOL.

#51 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:20 AM

Yes! I grew up in the RCC, christian. Everyone seemed to be associated with the Anti-Christ. Men running for presidential office, politicians, president's...themselves, world political leaders, the pope, Hollywood actors, etc...

It is best not to speculate on that christian. JMHO. :fall: We don't know. :smile

#52 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:15 AM

no, millions of people will not follow a pollition straight to Hell. Maitreya is the Antichrist because the number of his name calculates out to be 666 in Hebrew. Maitreya is the awaited Buddist messiah, the 5th Budda. He comes to kill christians that are left behind because the followed false doctrines etc.Rev. 13:7 and it was given unto him to make WAR with the SAINTS, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and toungues and nations.(KJV) Also I will prove There are christians that don't make it out in the first Rapture. All of the seven churches of Rev.2&3 except the Philidelphians were told to repent or else.
:wvlf"

I hate to tell you this, chrisian, but his name isn't the only one that equals 666. Henry Kissinger, Mussolini, Richard Nixon...and the list continues. Numbering people's names was all the rage when I was a teen. It was as unreliable then as it is now.

:goodpost: I grew up in the RCC, and EVERYONE that was running for a position in the White House, or a specific president, pope, any political leader...for that matter...was associated with being the Anti-Christ.

Christian...please don't fall for that stuff, it will make your brain sore. Ya, know? :smile

#53 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

Waiting patiently (ahem) for grandchildren...

• Moderators
  • 17,632 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:24 AM

no, millions of people will not follow a pollition straight to Hell. Maitreya is the Antichrist because the number of his name calculates out to be 666 in Hebrew. Maitreya is the awaited Buddist messiah, the 5th Budda. He comes to kill christians that are left behind because the followed false doctrines etc.Rev. 13:7 and it was given unto him to make WAR with the SAINTS, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and toungues and nations.(KJV) Also I will prove There are christians that don't make it out in the first Rapture. All of the seven churches of Rev.2&3 except the Philidelphians were told to repent or else.

I hate to tell you this, chrisian, but his name isn't the only one that equals 666. Henry Kissinger, Mussolini, Richard Nixon...and the list continues. Numbering people's names was all the rage when I was a teen. It was as unreliable then as it is now.

#54 christian

christian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:19 AM

#55 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

I am ignoring this "newbie." :smile

#56 BroMatt

BroMatt

Big Stick Wielder

• Administrators
  • 7,574 posts
Excellent

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:20 PM

So that nobody thinks you are crazy, the post/member that you were referring to was removed, and the poster was banned. Posting pics of immodest woman and the use of foul language will get you a ban.

#57 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

• Moderators
  • 17,632 posts
Excellent

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

So that nobody thinks you are crazy, the post/member that you were referring to was removed, and the poster was banned. Posting pics of immodest woman and the use of foul language will get you a ban.

Thanks, BroMatt.

#58 Palatka51

Palatka51

• Tools for the Ministry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:57 AM

I am not saying that I think of Obama as being a candidate for the antichrist. Nor is what I am going to say a definite statement, but a question. As for Daniel 37Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all. It starts out by saying he will not regard the God of his fathers. It then says that he will not regard any god. Yet he will build the temple and walk in it. This to me says he outwardly will to begin with have a regard to God, but will then desacrate it. But then to my question. Several have said it cannot be Obama because of him being married. I am not saying this line is incorrect. But is it realy showing regard to the desire for women to openly say that sodomites should be able to marry?? That they should be looked on as being just as good as a straight individual?? Or have most all of our polatitions shown a lack of regard in pushing for sodomite rights??

What has caused God to bring Wrath upon a nation? Or on the whole world?
Homosexuality, witchcraft, Sacrifice of Children/babies, idolatry and self worship.

#59 bzmomo7

bzmomo7

Super Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:45 PM

bz - I have heard in the past that the anti-christ will come from the tribe of Dan. There are a few scriptures that mention Dan (being a serpent, the tribe not being mentioned as being sealed in Rev) but nothing that is concrete to build a doctrine on. Actually, I think it's more personal opinion. The anti-christ makes a covenant with the Jews, so he most likely has some connection to the Jews. They have historically accepted political leaders who weren't Jewish, but I really doubt they'd accept a Messiah who wasn't (so, my opinion is that he will be part - even if it's only 1/1,0000! - Jewish). Although their Messiah isn't going to be spiritual, he will be physical (even the Jews of Jesus' day were looking for their Messiah to deliver them from the Romans), so it could be that they won't worry about his lineage.

I don't believe that BO is the anti-christ for many reasons, but the biggest one is that he is a friend to the muslims who hate the Jews. And the Jews today wouldn't make a covenant with a man who bows to the Saudi king!

Thanks, HC. Yeah, I do not think BO is the anti-christ either, but I have been feeling like I need to do some studying up on Revelation/end time prophesy. I haven't really had this much interest since I was a new Christian. Do you have any recommendations for a commentary on the end times?

#60 HappyChristian

HappyChristian

• Moderators
  • 17,632 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:17 AM

bz - I have heard in the past that the anti-christ will come from the tribe of Dan. There are a few scriptures that mention Dan (being a serpent, the tribe not being mentioned as being sealed in Rev) but nothing that is concrete to build a doctrine on. Actually, I think it's more personal opinion. The anti-christ makes a covenant with the Jews, so he most likely has some connection to the Jews. They have historically accepted political leaders who weren't Jewish, but I really doubt they'd accept a Messiah who wasn't (so, my opinion is that he will be part - even if it's only 1/1,0000! - Jewish). Although their Messiah isn't going to be spiritual, he will be physical (even the Jews of Jesus' day were looking for their Messiah to deliver them from the Romans), so it could be that they won't worry about his lineage.

I don't believe that BO is the anti-christ for many reasons, but the biggest one is that he is a friend to the muslims who hate the Jews. And the Jews today wouldn't make a covenant with a man who bows to the Saudi king!

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500