Shooters

73 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Not particularly hunters but shooters-any around and what do you like?

I'm a "sola handgun" guy-no long guns around here.

Posted · Report post

If it shoots I like it. I am a big shotgun fan, I enjoy HP Rifle shooting and handguns are tool I enjoy using.

Posted · Report post

The only weapons I handled were the ones in air Cadets, Air Reserves and the really big gun on the HMCS Haida when it was at Ontairo Place ,

I was working on it, summer 1988, and we all would shift between restoration, keeping all the brass shiny, the gift shop, on the brow saying hi to tourists, security, walking around at closing to make sure no one got locked on board, it would be a dreadful thing to find a tourist the next morning still in the engine room :), one thing we all got to do was at noon we would fire the Gun so we got to put a round in it, wow those rounds are so huge. I always felt sorry for the birds. I was on my break one day and as I was walking on the other side of Ontario Place the gun went off and this poor bird that was flying did a back flip it was so scared.

When I was in Cadets we used a 22 rifle which I liked much better then the FNC1 we used in Reserves, it was lighter and did not have a kick like the FNC1 which sent me flying on my back when I was using it in a kneeling position of course it did not help that I had not used it before and then did not have my right knee in a 90 degree direction of my left leg, which could be why I landed on my back :). They also had us try a 9mm pistol but we only got to shoot once just to see what it felt like.

That is the last time I used any weapons, around 1987. Oh wait I tried Archery when I was in Quebec studying French. We went to a camp for a weekend and I tried Archery. It was very difficult to pull the string back but I did enjoy it.

Posted · Report post

most of my shooting is with a comb deer rifle target gun. love my 7mm mag, pacs a wholop but sure is dead on. do a little trap with my son, he shoots on hs team.

Posted · Report post

most of my shooting is with a comb deer rifle target gun. love my 7mm mag' date=' pacs a wholop but sure is dead on. do a little trap with my son, he shoots on hs team.[/quote']

When you say combo deer rifle/target gun are you match shooting with the 7mm?

Posted · Report post

I carry a 38 with the old 4 inch barrel at work. I enjoy the h&k 40 cal and the desert eagle 50 cal. The sks is also fun shooting. You can never go wrong shooting the line of H&K rifles with the tri-burst. So much fun

Posted · Report post

I carry a 38 with the old 4 inch barrel at work. I enjoy the h&k 40 cal and the desert eagle 50 cal. The sks is also fun shooting. You can never go wrong shooting the line of H&K rifles with the tri-burst. So much fun

Sounds like you're in an interesting line of work... :cool

Posted · Report post

What does "H&K" stand for?

So far I only know S&W (and I'm not talking about canned fruits & veggies here :lol ). :wink

Posted · Report post

What does "H&K" stand for?

So far I only know S&W (and I'm not talking about canned fruits & veggies here :lol ). :wink

Heckler & Koch

They're a very high-end German firearms manufacturer specializing in military & police weapons.

Really sweet stuff :cool

Posted · Report post

I have a Glock 9-mm, but when I'm really in the mood, I bring out the Savage .308. That reminds me - there's a gun show at the Iowa State Fairgrounds this weekend ...

Mitch

Posted · Report post

My all time favorite gun to shoot was a Ruger Mark II .22 because it was so accurate, light, and cheap to shoot. Now I carry a Beretta .22 auto and my wife carries a Taurus .25 auto.

Posted · Report post

I always liked shooting the Ruger P-90 .45. I had one for awhile but my wife is all freaked out about having guns in the house. So before I married her I sold it to a gun shop.

Posted · Report post

I enjoy some trap and do some black powder now and then

Posted · Report post

I always liked shooting the Ruger P-90 .45. I had one for awhile but my wife is all freaked out about having guns in the house. So before I married her I sold it to a gun shop.

Ah the cost of love :clap:

I had to give up pets since my wife is allergic to everything.

Posted · Report post

I primarily shoot handguns. I have the HK USP 9mm and .45. I am also looking at getting the HK USP .45 Compact for concealed carry.

Posted · Report post

I primarily shoot handguns. I have the HK USP 9mm and .45. I am also looking at getting the HK USP .45 Compact for concealed carry.

HK builds great guns. I fired one of those squeeze-cocker jobs, P7 I think it's called, but that's all.

Posted · Report post

I had one for awhile but my wife is all freaked out about having guns in the house. So before I married her I sold it to a gun shop.

Methinks a wife needs some lessons in submissive behavior. :lol: Just kidding, of course.

Mitch

Posted · Report post

I own a Marlin lever action 30-30 336c (I believe).

I plan on going Deer Hunting this season. The next rifle i buy will be one for the missus.

The wife can hunt, fish and even eat her own "kill". I love my wife!!

R/S

Bro. MMD

Posted · Report post

Even though I'm not a shooter, there is a rifle that I would really like to build. It is one of those ultra-high accuracy muzzle-loaders, complete with false-muzzle, used for match-shooting. Those ol' boys that shoot those things are so accurate that all of their shots can be covered by a half-dollar piece, and that is at 1,000 yards. :cooldude:

I would build it for the challenge, not to shoot. I'd have someone else do that. :cool :Green It's just like my brother that builds race-cars for the 1/4 mile-strip. he builds but doesn't race. He has people for that. :thumb

Posted · Report post

I build all my own now days I really enjoy gunsmithing. I own alot of firearms, rifles pistols and shotguns. My wife is an avid hunter and fisherwoman, so between us and our boys we do alot of shooting and I do alot of reloading cause my wife will run 100 to 250 rounds a week through her .45 ACP 1911. And I average a 100 or so through my .45 ACP and 100 rounds through my .45 LC Ruger Vaquero every week. The boys run a few hundred rounds a week through there .22's and this time of year since rifle season will be starting soon they are taking the hunting rifles out more these days.

C

Posted · Report post

I own a "few" guns. :frog Naaaa... I might as well admit it... I am a confirmed gun collector-tinkerer-shooter. There are few physical things I like better than a nice piece of walnut and some blued steel. :lol I have reload all my own ammo since I was about twelve to...

Posted · Report post

My wife prefers her 2.5" .357 for travel & gen carry(I'm a 1911 guy). Nothing beats a 12g w/ 000buck for home security, the .303 Lee Enfield bags Bambie's parents, and the .223 eliminates the prarie dogs :Green

Posted · Report post

While on active duty I shot the M16.

I've also shot 9mm, .44 mag and different shotguns.

I used to own a .357 and an 8mm. Right now I own a .45. Unfortunately, that is all I can afford now.

Posted · Report post

the only gun i have shot is a twelve gauge my grandpa let me shoot at a family party.

Posted · Report post

Not particularly hunters but shooters-any around and what do you like?

I'm a "sola handgun" guy-no long guns around here.

Yah,,,shoots gots hogleg er two, and some real long ones and some in between,, yah, we likes a shoots em.....

BANG! :coffee