Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Sunday School Biblical?

Do you go to Sunday School?   46 votes

1. 1. Do you go to Sunday School?

• Never
    • Ocassionaly
    • Most of the time
    • Every week

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

0 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

What do you guys think of Sunday School? Is it Biblical and do you always attend?

Kevin

Posted · Report post

I like bible school although right now we don't have one because lack of people attending to the church (it is new).

I like it because if I have a question, I will be allow to ask.

Posted · Report post

Do you mean: Is it commanded in the Bible?

or

Does it break a principle from the Bible?

Posted · Report post

Obviously, they did some things differently in the NT church than we do today. But they certainly took time for Bible Study and isn't that what Sunday School is?

Posted · Report post

I think its the "modern day" way to get together as a group and study the Bible, which certainly is Biblical. Where God's Word is taught, we ought to be there.

Posted · Report post

I had heard that D.L Moody started it as a way to get boys off the streets on Sundays and I guess modern churches just kind of picked it up for their regular members.

Posted · Report post

If your (anyone in general) pastor wants to have Sunday School then I think members should attend. America today does not like the idea of having pastoral authority, and although a pastor should not manage the personal lives of his flock, he is in charge of the church and if the pastor is teaching the Bible, the members should gladly come.

Posted · Report post

Our pastor actually doesn't teach any of the S.S. classes. They are all taught by other pastors or church members.

Posted · Report post

Well, since I am the Sun. School Superintendant and Sr. High Boys teacher, I kinda feel led to be there every week.
Unfortunately, about a third of my class only stays for Sun. School, so it's the only exposure to God's Word that they get all week.

Posted · Report post

We have like 15 different Sunday School classes in our church from kids, to college and career to seniors. I went to the teen class for about a year when we first started back at our church after moving back to Maryland and then our family taught the 5 yr. old class until two years ago when we had to give it up.

I haven't really gone since then mostly because I'm socially challenged. :oops:

Kevin

Posted · Report post

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Tim 2:15 (KJV)

20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Matt 18:20 (KJV)

What can be unbiblical about Sunday School?

But of course I know its such a hardship for some people to give 2 whole hours on Sunday morning to such a worthwhile thing as Sunday School and preaching service. Sarcasm included on purpose.

Posted · Report post

Nothing unbiblical about it. Actually the Bible encourages His church to gather together. If you read through the book of Acts they were meeting together practically every chance they could...

Posted · Report post

I :clap: love Sunday School.

Posted · Report post

Oops, I voted the wrong one. I voted every week when I should have voted never. My church doesn't have Sunday School for adults but only for children and special needs adults.

Posted · Report post

Oops, I voted the wrong one. I voted every week when I should have voted never. My church doesn't have Sunday School for adults but only for children and special needs adults.

Where do the adults go during kids sunday school?

Posted · Report post

I've been to many churches in Arkansas, never to one who does not have Sunday school for everyone.

And never heard of such a thing in my nearly 60 years on this earth.

Like Suzy, I'm :? !

Posted · Report post

[quote="Kitagrl"]
[quote="PaladinBaptist"]Oops, I voted the wrong one. I voted every week when I should have voted never. My church doesn't have Sunday School for adults but only for children and special needs adults.
[/quote]

Where do the adults go during kids sunday school?[/quote]

We have church while the kids are in sunday school. :)

Posted · Report post

I am with you Jerry808 all the Sunday Schools I know of have classes for all ages...SisterHolly most churches I am familiar with call what you describe Children's Church. Sunday School in the places I know of is held usually from 10:00AM-10:45AM and Church Worship service starts at 11:00AM Sunday School is basically a structured Bible study so all classes study basically the same scripture in an age appropriate way.

Posted · Report post

That is a good question. I never thought of this question. Bible didn't say that church should have a sunday school. It is up to the pastor and deacons to decide with the Lord's guide. It is good for kids to learn in sunday school. I had a church back east has no sunday school. This church has a classes for kids while adult go to am service. It took average an hour the most.
This church has bible institute and courses for them to learn God's word more deeply and more benefit than what we have at our church today.
Our presently church has a sunday school then church morning services. It takes about three hours the most.
I remember one sunday few years ago, the preacher preached long caused one visitor and his wife left the church service that the preacher didn't finish his sermon. That was an embarrass.

I am sure most people prefer one hour church service and classes than staying in the church for three hours. It is depend on the pastor motivates people to make them involve the Lord's work and how the preacher preaches God's word with prayer. W/o prayer, the power of God is not there.

Evan57 :ears: w/o hear

Posted · Report post

What do you guys think of Sunday School? Is it Biblical and do you always attend?

Kevin

I attend Sunday School every week if I can. Once in a great while I will sleep in if I'm too tired or sick. But that's not a sin.

Posted · Report post

I think we all should attend Sunday School. It always saddens me when I see the church barely filled for the SS, but as soon as the main service starts, it is completely packed. I'm sure it must kill people get up an extra hour earlier to learn the word of God, not that it's important or anything.

-Alen

Posted · Report post

I think we all should attend Sunday School. It always saddens me when I see the church barely filled for the SS, but as soon as the main service starts, it is completely packed. I'm sure it must kill people get up an extra hour earlier to learn the word of God, not that it's important or anything.

-Alen

:goodpost: :amen:

Posted · Report post

-Alen

Amen! It must no be important if its only worth just one more hour of sleep!

Strangest thing I ever saw was in one church where many would attend Sunday School them leave and not stay for the preaching service.

Posted · Report post

Half of our church goes to the morning service before SS because we have to have two services due to the size of the church.

Posted · Report post

Half of our church goes to the morning service before SS because we have to have two services due to the size of the church.

Yes, but I'm not speaking about a church that has 2 services. Thats completely different.