Photo

We're the KIng James translators Masons?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jerry

Jerry

Mr. Grizzly

• *Independent Fundamental Baptist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,290 posts
Excellent

Posted 10 December 2005 - 04:14 PM

No, it is just more slander and propaganda to discredit the KJV. Masons are anti-Christian (brotherhood of man, God the father of all men, any religious book is just as good as the Bible) and Rosicrucians deny the resurrection of Christ. If you study out what the KJV translators believed, you will realize that they did not believe this junk.

Let's see - this might help:

Translators Revived

I can't remember if this is the whole book, or just part of it. But it is a good starting place.

#2 JohnnyGotham

JohnnyGotham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:53 PM

I heard somewhere that the translators comissioned by King James were Masons and Rosicrucians. Is this a credible idea?

#3 Kubel

Kubel

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 December 2005 - 05:29 PM

The translators were a fairly good group of people. Some were Puritans. Others were leaders of the Church of England. I don't know of any unbiased historian that marks any of the men involved as being Masons.

If you have any book titles or web sites that make these claims, please post them so I can take a peek.

#4 ScottM

ScottM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:45 PM

The people who make claims like that are the same kind of people who also claim that King James was a homosexual (Why then would he commission a Bible that was so condemning of that abomination). Just as has already been said, they are simply trying to discredit the Word of God.

#5 John81

John81

Running to Win

• 60,884 posts
Excellent

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:49 PM

Along these lines, I've also encountered those who claim that King James hated witches and that's the only reason there are condemnations against witches in the KJV. They claimed the original Scriptures didn't actually make statements against witches or witchcraft.

#6 Will

Will

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:31 AM

The people who make claims like that are the same kind of people who also claim that King James was a homosexual (Why then would he commission a Bible that was so condemning of that abomination). Just as has already been said, they are simply trying to discredit the Word of God.

It would have been politically expedient for him. I'm not saying he was a homosexual, but many kings, emporers, and others have used religion when it was politically expedient for them to do so. Constantine is a good example of that.

#7 Jerry

Jerry

Mr. Grizzly

• 10,290 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 December 2005 - 11:07 PM

Read his own writings - he had a testimony of salvation. Constantine was never anything more than a pagan - his own testimony of conversion was that he saw a dream or a vision that told him to conquer in the sign of the cross - that certainly is not a testimony of salvation.

The Fundamental Top 500IFB1000 The Fundamental Top 500