Flourgirl

Whats for Supper...

5,509 posts in this topic

Ham, tomato, with watercress from the garden in French bread.  

I am surprised I still have watercress in the garden, I turned it out from my waterfall as it siphoned the water out and emptied my pond.  I dropped it at the bottom of my garden and with all the rain we had over the last couple of months, it has flourished. Jack Frost is well overdue this year and when he arrives he will kill my watercress.  I may be able to prolong it if I cover it with cloches.  

Login or register for removal of this advertisement.

Slow cooked beef and vegetable stew.  I was intending to have it for lunch, but as I was about to serve it I thought the meat had shrunk, then I realized that I hadn't added the meat, so I added the meat and had it for  supper, which didn't work out too badly as our former foster son was supposed to come for lunch but he didn't turn up till mid afternoon, so we had it this evening, served with rice

Creamy scrambled egg with chives and Worcestershire sauce. served with fried tomatoes.

Egg bacon and tomatoes.

Just heard the news that today was the hottest November day on record being warm and sunny reaching 22C  in Wales. But not here it wasn't.  It was cold and thick mist all day and fog this evening.

Edited by Invicta

Wow that is far too hot for me even in summer,  About 75 is enough.  I have reposted under General- NOVEMBER

Still thinking about supper, probably some sort of salad.

Edited by Invicta

Poisson a la Bordelaise  with baked potato, green beans, asparagus with julienne carrots and celeriac.

It is still very mild here.  No heavy frosts in fact we have only had 1 light frost,  Watercress is still growing in my garden which Jack would have normally killed it a couple of months ago.  I picked a large bowlful today and made vegetable and watercress soup.  Yummy yummy.

49 minutes ago, John81 said:

pig in a blanket, mac and cheese

By mac do you mean macaroni? 

who you callin' Nummy HC?   lol

After all, it can be read both ways, especially with the exclamation point.  :coffee:

Homemade broccoli cheese soup.

Oh, I love it! But I don't know how to make it. Can I have your recipe?

Oh, I love it! But I don't know how to make it. Can I have your recipe?

Sure. 

1 1/2 large heads of broccoli; 1/2 c butter; 1 small onion; 1/2 c. flour; 2 c. milk; 1 c. grated cheddar cheese; 2 cans chicken broth (homemade is best if you have it)

Cook cut up broccoli until tender. Saute onions in the butter until transparent. Stir in flour and cook 5 minutes. Add milk slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheese. Blend until smooth. Puree 1/2 of the broccoli and leave 1/2 in pieces. Slowly add chicken broth to sauce. Then add broccoli and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 15 minutes.

Enjoy!

Jim_Alaska likes this

Creamed Scrambled Eggs with chives and Worcestershire sauce served with steamed asparagus.

That sounds really tasty, Invicta! I had a bowl of Raisin Bran cereal. Sometimes a bowl of cereal for supper is just right.

Rosie likes this

a slice of bread with peanut butter and jam on it and a dish of sugar free jello with cool whip on it