Online Baptist
Flourgirl

Whats for Supper...

Last night the kids had Eggo waffles and sausage. I ate a piece of sausage and hubby ate nothing - he was finishing up the trailer for our vacation.... :D

Guest Guest
Today was the last day of school, half day. So I took the monsters to Lincoln Park Zoo. Then we met daddy at work. He works near Chinatown.
So we went to a chinese restuarant a nd had chinese. I had some type of chicken/seafood deal. The girls love chinese, they love pretty much anything ethnic, especially if it is authentic, the had chikcen and vegetables, and hubby had beef stuff.

http://www.joyyee.com/menu-Chinatown.shtml

We went to the Tokyo Steakhouse after the graduation ceremony. Our family and Chris' girlfriend's family went, there were 18 of us total. We had a great time watching the chef cook table side. Man that guy could handle a knife. The food was great as well. We had Chicken, Shrimp, and Steak, mushrooms, fried rice and veggies.

Since yesterday was Memorial Day, we went to T.H. for the day to visit with my parents and to visit the graves of my aunt and grandparents. We grilled out and had hamburgers, hotdogs, macaroni and cheese and corn on the cob. Dessert was DQ :mrgreen:

We had pizza last night too -- homemade. Well, the final product and the vegetables on it were homemade (or homegrown). The crust was Pillsbury (out of a can); the sauce was Del Monte brand Four Cheese spaghetti sauce; the cheese Kraft Italian 5-cheese blend, Johnsonville Italian sausage, store brand pepperoni, and one each tomato and pepper from our garden, sliced. It was [i]gooooooooooooooooood[/i]!

Guest Guest
ordered Pizza

Hubby ran a half marathon, daughter ran a 10k and we all are tired and hungry.

I have 4 grandchildren here for a few days and they wanted pizza and spaghetti, so that's what we had. Hi Stacey! Having a good time? I hope so!! CJP56

Well since I had made very nice dinners on both Monday (swiss steak ,mashed potatoes ,corn and rolls)
Tuesday (fried chicken ,mashed potatoes,and salad)
Tonight I opted for frozen pizza,and chips

[quote]
Well since I had made very nice dinners on both Monday (swiss steak ,mashed potatoes ,corn and rolls)
Tuesday (fried chicken ,mashed potatoes,and salad)
Tonight I opted for frozen pizza,and chips
[/quote]

I know what ya mean, I cooked tonight because I was off work today and the wifey had to work. Bakers-6 Stir Fry sounds about right I just made it up as I went because it sounded good. :D

Nope no rice, I wanted some but we are trying to watch the high carb stuff for a couple of weeks. The wife is a diabetic and my blood glucose level get a little wacky if I over indulge in rice, taters, breads, and sweets (which I do too often. We are basically following the South Beach Diet Phase 1 which is low carb but not as drastic or fatty as Atkin's. It is basically lean meats, green veggies, good fats/oils (Olive oil etc...) No taters, rice, bread, or other food high in simple carbs. The next phase is all of the above good stuff with select carbs including whole grains added back in moderation.

On the diabetic issue, some say it is okay to eat whatever you want as long as you cover it with insulin. While that does keep blood sugar levels in check IF it is done correctly (with many people like my wife control is much more difficult), the main focus in control of diabetes is keeping blood sugars from spiking at all. It is much easier to maintain proper levels with a good steady diet that is low in simple sugars.