No comment needed for sure! :frog

But a question...what is ebonics?

Posted · Report post

All I can say is...... :?

[quote="abtrenholm"]
But a question...what is ebonics?
[/quote]

Ebonics is "black english"

"The voice of Black America, has been variously labeled Black English, Black Dialect, Black Idiom, African American Vernacular English or recently Ebonics
Black Dialect is an Africanized form of English reflecting Black Americans linguistic-cultural ties to their African Heritage.

While the English dialect chosen as the standard in this country is no more highly structured, well formed, or grammatical than any of the other dialect.

Important to note that all languages change over time and Black English is no different.

Must caution against making an assumption that all Blacks use all these patterns all the time (or even use any)" Joycelyn Landrum-Brown, Ph.D.

Posted · Report post

Quote by myself in other thread, earlier tonight......."Posted: Today at 8:43 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How awful the scriptures would sound with our modern english and oh forbid that someone should decide to produce a slang language bible to appeal to the gangstas......

..... :? well...what dya know :? Nothing is too far fetched .... :cool: :roll:

Posted · Report post

I think that unfortunately, there is a Bible for EVERYONE out there nowadays...

Posted · Report post

Here is the 10 commandments from the Ebonics Bible:

1) I am the Almighty, your God, who brought you outta Egypt when things were tough." And then He told them: "Don't put anyone else before Me.
2) Don't make any carved objects or things that look like what is in heaven or below. And don't bow down to these things like they are anything heavy. Not ever!
3) You shouldn't diss the Almighty's name, using it in cuss words or rapping with one another. It ain't cool and payback's a monster.
4)"Remember the day of the Almighty which is the seventh day. After you've worked six days, give the seventh to the Almighty." (Remember that the Almighty made the heavens and the earth in six days. He rested on the seventh day and blessed it as right-on.)
5) "You shouldn't be takin' nothin' from your homeboys.
6) "Give honor to your mom and dad, and you'll live a long time.
7) "Don't waste nobody.
8) "Don't mess around with someone else's ol' man or ol' lady.
9) "Don't go 'round telling lies on your homebuddies.
10) "Don't want what you can't have, or what your homebuddy has. It ain't cool."

Posted · Report post

Did you get that from an article or something? Or do you actually have one of these Bibles? I read an article on this Bible several years ago but have never seen one in a Christian bookstore.

Hey maybe some of us could get together and work on a new Bible...maybe like a southern one or a New England one. Or how about toddler language???? (You know, if Genesis 1:1 said "In 'ginning God cated Heaven ah Eartt" the kids would have higher self esteem because they could say it perfectly!!!) May as well get in on this money making racket while we can....

NOT!!!!! Sick...... :frog How dare people do that stuff and call it "God's Word"!!!!

Posted · Report post

Last night when I did a search on what exactly "Ebonics" is I came across this.....

The Lord's Prayer in Ebonics.....

Big Daddy`s Rap

Yo, Bid Daddy upstairs
You be chillin
So be yo hood
You be sayin` it, I be doin` it
In this here hood and yo`s
Gimme some eats
And cut me some slack, Blood
Sos I be doin` it to dem dat diss me
Don`t be pushing me into no jive
And keep dem Crips away
`Cause you always be da Man

Aaa-men

I also found a website where a Technical Slang Version is in the process of being wrote..... interesting :(

http://www.rdrop.com/~cary/html/tsv.html

Posted · Report post

i have nothing to say about this either and i am sure alot of our negro brothers and sisters would feel the same way. we know who the author of that version was. Lord help us.

Posted · Report post

that I was born and raised in the deep south for 40 years and the population where I was consisted of about half white,half black.Now you can get mad if you want to but I can say from 40 years of life there that most of the uneducated black people there DO speak this way,more or less. This is part of their culture,just as my speech is with a southern accent. From what I read tho,the terminology brings God way down to man's level and is disrespectful and certainly would not be able to help a black person to really see the holiness of God cause it AIN'T there. IMHO

Posted · Report post

that I had no problem understanding the KJV as it is AFTER I got saved. I did not need nor do I need now a version written in a"southern" theme, neither do blacks need this abomination . This is sickening and a stench in the nostils of our holy God. No I'm not excited just :mad: and :barfy: Surely we are in the last days. Even so,come,Lord Jesus.

Posted · Report post

Chickenmom, I agree.

Posted · Report post

All I can say is :bonK: :freak: :freak: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :shock:

:mad: :? :frog :frog :barfy:

Posted · Report post

Amen! and Amen! chickenmom

Bro. Matt, i was shocked that you posted this here. the language is not suitable for a bible forum. :shock:

Posted · Report post

I don't have a problem with Brother Matt posting this. Sometimes we all need a wake up call as to what Satan is doing to God's Word. :!:

Posted · Report post

[quote="higher ground"]
the language is not suitable for a bible forum. :shock:
[/quote]

This type of language isn't suitable anywhere, but it is necessary to expose it and to show other Christians what is wrong with modern Bible versions. I believe each new one coming out is a little worse than those before them.

Besides, this isn't the first Bible with swear words! Go look up the following verses in the Good News Bible and Living bible:

Acts 8:20 in the Good News Bible - [i]But Peter answered him, "[u]May you and your money go to hell[/u]..."[/i]

1 Samuel 20:30 in the New Living Translation - [i]Saul boiled with rage at Jonathan. "[u]You stupid son of a whore[/u]!..." [/i]Look it up in the Living Bible; it uses the term for a female dog!

Posted · Report post

I think it is appropriate in a Bible forum to warn people against Bible "perversions"..... we need to know what is out there and what to guard against.

Posted · Report post

why should someone have to warn christians of a translation that has explicit language and the like in it. the Holy Spirit will throw up a red flag right from the onset.
i learned a long time ago you don't have to know what is wrong to identify what is wrong.
all you have to know is what is what is right to identify what is wrong.

Posted · Report post

[quote="higher ground"]
why should someone have to warn christians of a translation that has explicit language and the like in it. the Holy Spirit will throw up a red flag right from the onset.
i learned a long time ago you don't have to know what is wrong to identify what is wrong.
all you have to know is what is what is right to identify what is wrong.
[/quote]

I agree in theory with your statement, but practicality-wise we find this is just not so. I don't know how many professing Christians I know who run after these new Bible versions - whether they be the NIV, The Message, The Living Bible or the New Living Translation, etc. They are all bad - they just differ in the manner of corruption. Some it is swear words, some it is jargon, but all have doctrinal corruption.

Posted · Report post

i see what you are saying.
it is just so repulsive. how could people actually believe that is a translation? it just boggles my mind. or is the Holy Spirit not working there?

Posted · Report post

I think that if people are really searching for truth, the Holy Spirit will guide them. But many people would rather have a version that is popular with the majority than one that is controversial (like the KJV). Too many professing Christians refuse to look into the issue - they just keep whatever version they grew up with, whatever one their family reads, or the first one they were given, regardless of what it was.

Posted · Report post

it may not be a thing that they are refusing but when you get into it is meaty. i think that discourages alot of people. i think that there are alot of people that think the only way that they will be able to understand the Bible is to use a currupt version. which you and i both know that it is not in our own understanding but the Holy Spirit is the one that gives understanding. they have not learned one of the most difficult steps in a christian walk and that is to totally trust the Lord. in His strength alone.

Posted · Report post

[quote="Kitagrl"]
Did you get that from an article or something? Or do you actually have one of these Bibles? I read an article on this Bible several years ago but have never seen one in a Christian bookstore.
[/quote]

I don't have one of these bibles nor do I want one. I have just been collecting information through the years on the Ebonics Bible. Where I live Ebonics is quite strong and used often. I have yet to see one use the Ebonics Bible, but if I do I can say that I have read part of their Bible and strongly disagree with it.

[b]Higher Ground[/b]
I'm sorry that I didn

Posted · Report post

no problem,Bro Matt. i knew that Jerry and Ben were just kidding :lol:

i would have to say that alot of the alabama black brothers and sister's in Christ would be appalled by it.

Posted · Report post

[quote="higher ground"]
i would have to say that alot of the alabama black brothers and sister's in Christ would be appalled by it.
[/quote]

I agree.

Posted · Report post

I know this is a very old thread, but something funny happened to me today. Living in the "hood", I wanted to read more about the ebonics bible that I keep hearing about, so I Googled it. I clicked a link and what do you know, the search lead me right to Online Baptist. I guess I do not need Google, OB has it all. :thumb:

Anyways, if anyone is wondering what the ebonics bible is all about, please proceed to the link below.
http://www.ebonics-translator.com/ebonibible.php

That Big Daddy is a popular guy in this book. What I want to know is what kind of idiot sat down and wrote this stuff down?

BTW: This thread does not read properly in the order it was originally posted. A conversion messed up the order. Blame this one on Big Daddy (ME).