No, they are there in unbelief & rejection of their Messiah. There are no promises of such restoration in Gospels, Epistles, nor Revelation. Paul in Rom. 11 says 23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in : for God is able to graff them in again. Is Paul in that chapter teaching what we see today? I think you will all agree, Not. Obviously there is the fulfilment of the promises being taught -
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in . 26 And so all Israel shall be saved : as it is written , There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer , and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes : but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
Lots of questions raised, which I will ask but not answer in this post:
1. Blindness in part, but what about the many thousands who believed, as recorded in Acts?
2. What is meant by "the fulness of the Gentiles" & when will/did that come in?
3. Does "all Israel shall be saved" include the Gentile believers, as Paul indicated earlier in Romans 2-4 ?
4. Is Paul's quote from Isaiah 59:20 in the future tense because it is an exact quotation, i.e was future, but fulfilled by Jesus in his saving work, or is it yet future?
5. Was the covenant prophecy fulfilled at Calvary, by the NC is Jesus' blood?
6. Do the OT prophecies relating to Israel require a temporary millennial fulfilment ending in a worldwide rebellion, or an eternal fulfilment in the NH&NE, wherein all families on earth find the promised blessings through Abraham's Seed?
Well Ian, would you like to give a complete expounding of Romans 11?
And perhaps one of the futurists will as well?
I have just read a book by a Poat-mil writer and no doubt that would be different from both.
Church night so we had a large lunch. Chicken caserolled in sage and onion gravy, roast potatoes with garlic, olive oil and Herbes de Provence, cauliflower cheese, mushrooms, carrots and runner beans. Lemon meringue tart and ice cream for desert.
For supper I had Ham and tomato sandwich, toasted sticky toffee pancakes and toasted fruit bread.
Thanks all for your suggestions. I am using Chrome. I have added adblock as you suggested, but not looked to see if it works yet. I also get ads for Mormons, Catholics, and since there was a thread on the Church of God, I regularly get ads for RCG, The Restored Church of God.